Review THE FEATHERED SERPENT (1976) - with Pat Troughton)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
OMG!! At last on youtube. Now I can share this wonderful series with you guys. It's BRILLIANT.
Patrick Troughton is amazing as the evil priest Nasca in this ancient Mexico drama. Two series of six episodes loosely based on the religious struggles that actually took place in ancient Mexico. Written by John Kane, Tommy from Planet of the Spiders. Troughton will appear early in this first episode exuding malevolent evil. Great!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
OMG!! At last on youtube. Now I can share this wonderful series with you guys. It's BRILLIANT.
Patrick Troughton is amazing as the evil priest Nasca in this ancient Mexico drama. Two series of six episodes loosely based on the religious struggles that actually took place in ancient Mexico. Written by John Kane, Tommy from Planet of the Spiders. Troughton will appear early in this first episode exuding malevolent evil. Great!
This is excellent news!

In the past, I've attempted to find it both online and on DVD - but to no avail.

Cheers. :emoji_relaxed:

michaellevenson

This is excellent news!

In the past, I've attempted to find it both online and on DVD - but to no avail.

Cheers. :emoji_relaxed:
Terrific series, the second is a bit more fantasy less historically possible, but still great. Patrick Troughton looks so cool in his costume and evil looking , you'd never believe he was the cute second Doctor. Shows what a fine actor he was. I think he'll have to be my next avatar, meantime I'll stick with Louise Jameson, Carlisle and Hazeldine from Omega Factor.
At present I can only find first 5 episodes of Serpent on youtube but there are DVDS galore for sale on Amazon of the show.

michaellevenson

Diane Keen and Brian Deacon as Princess Chimalma and Prince Heumac. If made today Latino actors would be used, but in the good old days we didn't mind top British talent putting on fake tan to play South Americans. It had a great cast.

michaellevenson

All six episodes of series 1 are available on youtube now, but for how long? This is Troughton at his manic best as Nasca in the denouement of series 1