Review The Feathered Serpent -starring Patrick Troughton-s01e03

Discussion in 'TV: Reviews' started by michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018.

1. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 8

Tozo enters the secret passage in the palace wall in a bid to find his master and warn him of Otolomi's dream. Kukulkhan stays the night in the temple to consult his dead ancestors and receives a grim judgment, and Nasca goads Mahoutec into a fight to the death with Prince Heumac.
    Previous episode;
    https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-feathered-serpent-starring-patrick-troughton-s01e02.5446/
    Next episode;
    https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-feathered-serpent-starring-patrick-troughton-s01e04.5448/

#1 michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 8

Kukulkan enters the temple of Teshcata and faces a night alone with three corpses. These are the embalmed ancestors he must gain approval for his plans from.
    He kneels before Shadakia and asks whether his plan to return his people to Qala is acceptable. But Shadak, Nasca's man, is in disguise as Shadakia, in the robes and gold faceplate. To Kukulkan's horror the figure moves towards him and plunges an axe into him.
    Nasca tells Mahoutec that he has lost face since Heumac's arrival, and the law dictates if two men wish to marry the same woman they should duel to the death.
    Tozo meanwhile has entered the temple via the hidden passages, and finds Kukulkan dead. He prays to Qala that he won't be found here by morning or he'll be blamed for the Emperors death. The hidden entrance has closed behind him.
    Mahoutec challenges Heumac to a duel in the dead of night in the courtyard of the palace.
    Heumac wins the sword fight but will not kill Mahoutec, who slinks away in disgrace.
    Nasca in seeing Mahoutec dejected urges him to order the army to surround the Toltec camp and attack without warning.
    M " I am nothing now priest, go away"
    N." I order you to attack"
    M " when I was alive you were my priest, when I die you can pray for my soul, but now I am a nothing without honour, beaten by Heumac"
    Chimalma prays for her father's safety, but she prays to Qala, Nasca sees this through a spyhole as he is in his precious secret passage.
    N " very well Chimalma, you have decided who your god is, lets see what comfort he is to you at dawn"
    In the temple, Nasca and Shadak look down at the dead body of Kukulkan,
    N " well done Shadak, Kukulkan I could have made you emperor of the world, but you chose wrongly, Shadak we must urge Mahoutec to attack the Toltec camp, if he refuses he will die with the others."
    Tozo hearing this from his hiding place knows he must warn Heumac somehow.
    In the morning Kukulkan is found dead by Chimalma.
    Nasca points to blood on the axe held by one of the embalmed corpses, planted there by Shadak.
    N " Kukulkan asked for judgment,Teshcata has given it , the ghost of Shadakia struck Kukulkan down"
    Chimalma is proclaimed Empress.

#2 michaellevenson, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018