Review The Feathered Serpent starring Patrick Troughton-s02e04

Discussion in 'TV: Reviews' started by michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018.

1. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 8

Tozo tries to run from Nasca, but Xipec stops him.
    N " where is Teshcata's mirror?"
    T " it smashed into a thousand pieces when the statue fell"
    Xp " don't lie boy, I saw you take it"
    N " I have interrogated this boy before, he can be stubborn. You can take him back with you to the Gold region. When do you start?"
    Xp " tomorrow, all your priests have been rounded up and will be sent to be used as slaves in the mines"
    N " it is just as well, they will not be blamed when the madness starts. Hold the boy's head"
    Xipec grabs Tozo, Nasca scratches him with his ring, Tozo is out cold.
    N " it is time we test Keelag's device. Bring everyone here, tell them Otolmi wishes to speak with them"
    Xipec goes to the council chamber to fetch everyone.
    Nasca bends down to the stricken Otolmi, helpless, paralyzed, sitting on the floor of his temple.
    N " listen carefully Otolmi, I will soon lay the foundation for your destruction"
    More

2. michaellevenson

Chimalma, Heumac, Mataque, and others file in, Otolmi sitting on the floor, Nasca disguised as Leemu wearing mask stands at the altar.
    Candles burn off Keelag's vapour, Nasca removes the cloth covering the serpent statuette. He turns it on its dais an eerie strobe effect plays over the congregation, as they breathe the fumes, all succumb.
    Nasca " see what I say, I am Otolmi, I am Otolmi"
    Chimalma. " you are Otolmi"
    Heumac. " you are Otolmi"
    Mataque " you are Otolmi"
    Nasca " soon a great madness will afflict the city, it is Qala testing your faith, I am sure you will come through the test.
    Qala is showing you his wrath, this proposed marriage to Prince Heumac cannot take place unless the crowns of Chichen itza are found. If they are not found it is Qala showing his disapproval. In the next few days I will not leave the temple, I stay to meditate. Leemu will send for you if I need you. Chimalma, Xipec marches to the gold region tomorrow, you will give him one hundred of your finest warriors to be at his disposal. Is that clear?"
    Ch " yes Otolmi"
    N " now go, all of you"
    Nasca covers up the spinning serpent statuette, all come out of their trance, stand up and leave. Nasca as Leemu bows respectfully as they go.
    More

#3 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  3. michaellevenson

Keelag is in the city, still clutching the decaying child skeleton to her chest., she stops at a well, and pours from a jar a liquid into the water.
    Keelag (talking to skeleton)" it's not my fault, they'll think you did it, I'm mad you see"
    Nasca in cowl and black robes comes up to her.
    N " Keelag, tomorrow you will poison two wells, the next night three, I want the madness to spread , gathering pace"
    The next day Mataque has grave news for Chimalma,
    M " a plague of madness has struck down several of our people in the east of the city. A woman murdered her child in a frenzy of madness. The child was as mad as she"
    Ch " this could be the start of the test Otolmi spoke of"
    M" I have brought the woman here excellency, so you can view her yourself"
    Ch." Bring her in"
    The woman is brought in, bound, two soldiers holding her back. She screams, foams at the mouth, bleeding from scratches to herself.
    Ch " poor woman, it does seem Qala has little love for his people if he can put them through this"
    Later in temple Chimalma enters. Nasca wearing mask disguised as Leemu, stands next to Otolmi motionless on floor, paralyzed but aware.
    Nasca. " Empress?"
    Ch " I wish to speak to Otolmi Leemu"
    Nasca slightly alters his voice , a higher pitch, " he is in meditation Empress"
    Ch " the plague of madness has started, it is evil, not even Teshcata could have dreamt up such a test as this. Let him meditate on that!"
    Chimalma leaves, Nasca removes his mask, and smiles evilly.
    Prince Heumac is with Mataque in the palace.
    H " you have searched thoroughly Mataque?"
    M " yes Lord, Tozo is nowhere to be found in the secret passages. Maybe his search for the crowns has taken him outside the city"
    H " perhaps, I want an architect to draw up a complete plan of these passages and every secret entrance walled up forever"
    M " yes Lord"
    H " there is no need for such passages in a free society"
    In Keelag 's hovel,
    Nasca. " what I want from you now Keelag is something to deepen my influence over Otolmi. I want him to address the council, with words and thoughts alien to him"
    K " I have an ointment, rub it into his chest and throat, the fumes will rise, he will say what you command"
    N " then the reversal of Teshcata's banishment begins"
    Xipec has reached the gold region., and his fortified encampment.
    Tozo now recovered consciousness is staked out on the roof in the midday sun. Xipec standing over him drinking water, taunting him.
    Xp " it get so hot here on the roof Tozo, you can bake bread. Want a drink? Tell us where Teshcata's dark mirror is"
    Tozo, two days without water, lips parched and cracked says nothing.
    Xp " very well Tozo, I will return when you are talkative, believe me we will get the truth from you Tozo"
    Xipec pours water from his goblet onto the rooftop, tantalizingly out of Tozo's reach.
    Nasca sees Keelag the next night,
    N " have you the ointment you promised"
    K " here it is"
    N " good, word from my supporters tell me even Chimalma is doubting Qala as the madness spreads. The people will soon bind into a mob, they'll want someone to blame, I will give them Otolmi"
    Nasca takes the jar of ointment,
    N " one thing more Keelag, I need a flask of the poison, it is time the madness entered the palace.
    The first victim shall be Heumac"

#4 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  4. michaellevenson