Will the Future be Utopia or Dystopia?

• Utopia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dystopia

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The optimist in me cannot help but hope for a bright future.

But there is also something innate in me that suggests that all we have to look forward to is, as Orwell put it, a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

And my favourite tv show is still Blake's 7, which was hardly a futuristic barrel of laughs.

So while I do imagine a robot doing the household chores I also expect it to suddenly one day shout "UP THE ROBOT REVOLUTION!" before skewering me with a carving knife from the kitchen.

The best I can hope for is that, when my robot subsequently attends a robot revolt rally, is that it makes a point of saying "I DID WHAT YOU SAID. I KILLED MY OWNER, BUT I DO HAVE TO SAY HE WAS QUITE KIND REALLY."

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
People in the 50s had more to be optimistic about. Jobs still paid a living wage and housing was affordable. Not everything was OK but people were working towards that. Now most people are struggling to get by, are dying because they can’t afford medication, and we’re destroying the earth with pollution and overcrowding. And our government is less and less accessibile. They simply don’t listen to us, especially the fascist clown in the White House.