Fun The Holiday Season

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Festive Thirteenth Doctor Yule Log | Doctor Who | BBC America

Give your holiday season some cozy Doctor Who cheer with a crackling fire, some biscuits, and a few Thirteenth Doctor secrets! Can you spot all the hidden surprises? The season finale of #DoctorWho premieres this Sunday, December 9th, at 8pm on BBC America. The New Year's special premieres January 1st on BBC America.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
So we got a Christmas special after all, albeit clearly done in a hurry.

In it's favour, I found it the most Christmassy of the Christmas specials to date, with some real yuletide atmosphere. It wasn't blighted by Moffat or Chibnall's Godawful scriptwriting - or the wooden acting of guest stars, but the plot was, to put it mildly, was a bit thin. A sentient malevolent fireplace that just glowers there while it contemplates philosophy and finally concludes that it likes humanity and will not destroy it was clever although perhaps a little too abstract.

Still the best Jodie story so far.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Back when I was still writing, I had an idea for an article explaining why I hated It's A Wonderful Life. People I know absolutely couldn't understand why I could hate such a movie, which is beloved by so many. This guy basically made a video that essentially wraps up my feelings about this "classic" film.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I never actually sat through the movie. Funny that a popular Christmas movie involves shitting all over some poor man’s life! He should have used that tuition money to hire a hitman to take out Mr. Potter and save the town that way, so he could go live his life.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I never actually sat through the movie. Funny that a popular Christmas movie involves shitting all over some poor man’s life! He should have used that tuition money to hire a hitman to take out Mr. Potter and save the town that way, so he could go live his life.
I have seen it too many times, since it was a favorite of my parents. As a kid, I never could put my finger on what bothered me about it. But as I've gotten older, and have seen myself constantly set back by life and Murphy's fucking law, it made sense. It's actually funny that the film, on initial release, was a failure, and pretty much ruined Frank Capra's career. It didn't become a classic until much later, when a clerical error made it public domain, ensuring it would be on television every fucking December! I will always have someone just aghast when I tell them I hate the movie, acting like I'm some kind of inhuman monster. Yeah, well have you ever watched Caligula? No? Well shut up, then, that movie is a classic! :emoji_wink: