Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Don't tempt me. Mr Squiggle is a classic that'd happily re-watch. :emoji_grinning:

Fortunately for all of us Skippy is a multi-season show so it's outside the criteria.
So is MR SQUIGGLE...

Although why anyone would want to watch an episode that doesn't feature Miss Jane is beyond me... :emoji_confused:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I thought it was the ATO's fault...

The bastards! :emoji_angry:
I know right. Imagine expecting someone earning as much as him to pay tax. What were they thinking? Everyone in Australia knows that taxes are only for the middle class.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I know right. Imagine expecting someone earning as much as him to pay tax. What were they thinking? Everyone in Australia knows that taxes are only for the middle class.
I thought that was America?

I thought here in the land of Oz, it was only the poor who paid tax?

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Don't tempt me. Mr Squiggle is a classic that'd happily re-watch.
I'm enjoying Mr. Squiggle more and more each minute. I see memes in the making, and Mr. Squiggle becoming the symbol of the Resistance. And I can't stop saying Mr. Squiggle. Mr. Squiggle...

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
It's always astonished me that, in this era of reboots and remakes, no one has ever tried to bring Mr Squiggle back. It wouldn't be the same without the original voices but it still seems like the kind of kids show that would be a success in any era.

Mad-Pac

So, you've already covered all episodes? How many have you reviewed? And do you intend to post on these preexisting threads and not the supposedly official ones for the Sages? Then is there even a point for still posting a "This Friday on Catweazle" weekly thread anymore?

Mad-Pac

Another charming episode again. And once again that two layered approach of "is it magic?" or "is it coincidence?" which I really like.
Love this episode, lots to enjoy.
Of course, of course, you guys love everything about Catweazle and I'm absolutely certain you'll be loving it all the way to the final episode.

So you guys are already discussing episode 4, even though this is Week 3 of the Sages reviewing Catweazle? At this point I'm totally lost about how this is supposed to work. All episodes already presented, making our weekly thread useless. You guys jumping ahead and having these parallel exchanges before everybody even get to watch the episode. I'm at a loss.

If that was your plan, why did you two make such a big deal and attacked me for opening a "Welcome to Paradox" board when that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with Catweazle in any shape or form?

And why was I verbally attacked for looking for at least one show I would enjoy and Michael said it was "VERY, VERY LIKELY" I would leave the Catweazle board when it seems you two apparently had long decided to abandon the group format and have these private discussions just because you two are unquestionably fans of the show?

Please, let me know how this is going to work, because apparently now this is a group, or an assortment of individuals, coordinated by Doctor Omega. So, please, @Doctor Omega I would appreciate if you let us know your guidelines and how you intend to run things..

Mad-Pac

Don't be put off by the fact that this is a children's or youth aimed series. It's fantastic , beautifully written and acted, with some dramatic tearful moments. Available on youtube.
So you have presented and summarized all episodes already and it has passed the fan reviewer's test, being classified as "fantastic, beautifully written and acted." It seems you're done with the show.

Wow, these 26 weeks went by pretty fast. That's great! Then can we move on to the next show and start presenting nominations next week? I'm ready to move forward!

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
So, you've already covered all episodes? How many have you reviewed? And do you intend to post on these preexisting threads and not the supposedly official ones for the Sages? Then is there even a point for still posting a "This Friday on Catweazle" weekly thread anymore?
You're obviously concerned about these threads , so I'll try to explain.
A year ago Doc started putting these type of threads on IMDF,starting with Blakes7, and then followed it up with Star Cops, since then he's been beavering away at other shows too. It's phenomenal what he's done. There's Moonbase3 , Catweazle of course, Sapphire and Steel, Children of the Stones, almost all of Classic Who, that's 26 seasons. The idea is to give IMDF its own identity and more user friendly.
So anyone, not just members but guests too can go straight to a show Doc has covered and post about a particular episode. So you see it's not a slight against you or The Sages but providing a service for this forum. Hope that clears that up.
Second question; why are Doc and me using these and not your threads for Catweazle ?
We actually have different reasons. Doc simply wants to watch the show at his own pace, he HAS NOT seen it before. Me and Ant Mac are the long standing fans, not Doc. I've noticed Doc is still posting on Sages CW thread too, replying to whomever he wishes. My situation is a bit different. This forum is something I enjoy being a part of ,and have no wish to be reported and thrown off it for posting something I might regret. So for safety sake I'll stay here and like Doc pop over to your threads to respond to any review or comments I like, and am confident I won't lose my rag.
As our views on CW are diametrically opposed, and as you said yourself some time ago, it won't be some time until we're comfortable in each others presence, even on line, best if we avoid direct confrontation. But both Doc and myself hope the Sages CW project succeeds and we'll be dipping into it from time to time.
BTW, we certainly haven't done the whole series, I'm up to ep4 and Doc I think is at ep8.
I see the welcome to paradox thing is up and running, so all is okay. Lets chill.
:emoji_grinning:

Mad-Pac

I suspect you may well be correct, Mad-Pac, but that is our right as reviewers,

Just as it is your right to dislike or even hate the show - as it is the equally valid viewpoint of a fellow reviewer.
OK, thanks for informing which rights we have. I just wish these rights had been presented, discussed and democratically voted, otherwise that feels like an authoritarian change in our procedures.

And yes, sure I do have the right to hate the show and I'm using it fully. But what concerns me is that you don't seem to realize that having to recognize the existence of such right is a big part of the problem. Imagine, for a moment, you and some friends are deciding which movie to watch tonight at the mall. There are five of you. You and your two closest friends are dead set to watch "A Mixed Bag Adventure" and go buy five tickets. However, John and Jack have objections.

John says he doesn't want to see the movie because he promised to watch it next week with his girlfriend. He asks the group to choose something else.

Jack says he hates anything Pat Wilson, the actor, makes. He has no sense of humor and the writing in his movies is borderline offensive. There's no way he's going to watch "A Mixed Bag Adventure". To be fair, you address the group:

"Tough break for you, guys. We've voted and the majority wins. It's unfortunately you choose not to watch this movie, John, and that you hate the actor, Jack. But a vote is a vote. so you either go home or bite the bullet and stay. But hey, I have good news. You have the right to bitch about the movie all night and as much as you like!"

Personally the end I would choose for this story is the friends would check other movies available because how can we enjoy a movie if some of our friends are having a terrible time? So, the group would choose something which perhaps is not something the first three guys would love to death, but at least nobody would be hating the experience.

Those are my two cents.

Mad-Pac

It all seems to me somewhat dramatic in what is supposed to be,
OK, this is the second time you call me dramatic. Please stop. Perhaps you are oblivious to the situation, but not everybody has stern and collected British upbringing and so they display emotions in a more enthusiastic way than it may make a Vulcan uncomfortable. You and I are from different cultures and it should have become evident by now that we disagree whether reactions are being "dramatic" or "normal". I hope that clears things up.

our seeming need to run the show reviews in such a regimental way, with a seeming air of "Don't you dare review episode 3 when we are supposed to be on episode 2!" could,in my opinion, potentially suck the fun out of the whole enterprise.
That's where you don't understand. This is not MY need to be regimental. That's the way the Sages were working when you guys (which doesn't include me) arrived in our group. I understand you might disagree with the procedures we had had in place for years and want to change everything. But for this we would have appreciated the courtesy of having discussed each other's reasons and voted on the best way to procede, instead of having a unilateral change imposed on us just because you think that the way we've been doing things for years would suck your fun.

You have all the right to form a group in which anything goes, there are no procedures in place and people comment on the episode the heck they prefer, Or open a book club in which the participants each one reads a different book because you don't like "regimental fun."

What I don't get is why you guys had to commandeer an already existing group for this. And TWICE! We were the the Sages of the Single Season. Then the Blake's 7 fans joined and bam! It's now a Blake's 7 group probably going all the way the next five seasons of Blake's 7.

Then I opened another board, which time with a short-lived series in other to preserve what had been lost: the single season initiative. I honestly didn't think the members of "Blakes Sages" would even be interested in our little alternate forum, but, well, they were. And now our procedures don't fit the new format anymore and we didn't even have a chance to vote for that.

And that's how my "ill-suited" Paradox forum came to be. We'll be watching and commenting on the same episode each week, unless the members prefer that I upload all episodes at once and in this case I'll do it. But not without discussing and voting the problem democratically.

And I hope "Paradox" is the last board I have to create to preserve the original concept of the Sages of the Single Season that has served us so well for so many years and that we brought here to IMDF.

Mad-Pac

Since you decided......
Yep. And I stick to my decision. It just surprised me that you took the initiative to take over yet another part of my obligations without even talking to me about it. But I have to admit you have a lot of initiative.

I assumed that you would not be particularly interested in doing a poll alone.
I think there's been too much assuming and not enough actual communicating.

Nonetheless, I waited for you to make an appearance today, then, when there was no show, assumed that you were sticking to your word.
So you arbitrarily decided to follow your assumption and chose a certain time of the day and then, for some reason, arbitrarily decided that not meeting that specific deadline you'd established my failure to comply constituted a "no show." I honestly don't know how the Omega Directive works, really, because there are so many unspoken rules. Just for the record, I work during the day and only have time to take care of this in the evening, and I find it extremely odd you'd give me a "no show" deadline that ended in the beginning of the afternoon.

However, now that I know different, I have deleted the poll, unstuck this thread, removed the Friday from the title - and am waiting for you to make some kind of productive move that does not involve complaining.
I never asked you to delete the poll or unstuck the thread. However I would've appreciated if, in the very beginning, you had told me you had so many plans on how to implement your ideas and how they would affect the group. I also would've appreciated if you had told me about your plans to take over the poll making as well so I wouldn't have a surprise to see it as something done and finished when I went to do it.

and am waiting for you to make some kind of productive move that does not involve complaining.
Ah, there you are assuming again. Again, once the poll was done, it was done so I ask you to change it. So I went and did something else. And the reason I'm the one complaining, and not you is that, well, things are going your way all the way, right? I mean, we're stuck with your favorite show, we now are commenting on different episodes, as you determined would happen even though we never voted for any of that, and you're doing all the threads and polls as you wanted. So, what would YOU have to complain about?

One sadly non-productive move later, and I am forced to re-instate the poll, restick this thread and stick the Friday back in the title.
On the contrary, I thought some things were very productive today. And you're not forced to do anything; you're doing everything you want instead, when you want it. So whose floor is it anyway? I'm just a spectator now, apparently.

Mad-Pac

One sadly non-productive move later, and I am forced to re-instate the poll, restick this thread and stick the Friday back in the title.
OK, OK. Yes, yes I see what you mean. It was a sad non-productive move and a complete waste of my time if you (I'm assuming) simply deleted my thread. That was punching below the belt, sir, since I, the little guy with an opinion here, cannot play by the same rules, and once again you caught me by surprise. I thought, since I had been making the threads so far and that was part of my job, at least one last thread would transition the ones I was making into yours. But I guess my criticism of your actions do not fit your grand scheme of things and you thought the way to solve this was to censor me.

Well, the board is yours, lock, stock and barrel.