Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
OK, OK. Yes, yes I see what you mean. It was a sad non-productive move and a complete waste of my time if you (I'm assuming) simply deleted my thread. That was punching below the belt, sir, since I, the little guy with an opinion here, cannot play by the same rules, and once again you caught me by surprise. I thought, since I had been making the threads so far and that was part of my job, at least one last thread would transition the ones I was making into yours. But I guess my criticism of your actions do not fit your grand scheme of things and you thought the way to solve this was to censor me.

Well, the board is yours, lock, stock and barrel.
Are you referring to the thread that I moved into the WELCOME TO PARADOX forum?

ant-mac

One about "Catweazle WEEK 4" listing all the active episode conversations on the board and which has apparently vanished into thin air. Oh, heck, probably that's for the better.
That is the thread I was referring to.

You will find it located somewhere in the WELCOME TO PARADOX sub-forum.

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
That is the thread I was referring to.

You will find it located somewhere in the WELCOME TO PARADOX sub-forum.
Well, I don't see it there. I only see three threads: two for the first two episodes and another one one titled "To Whom itmay concern" that was already there for over a week.

the one I referred to is a comprehensive thread about CATWEAZLE and it...
- lists all active episode conversations
- lists all cast members of said episodes, with special guest stars for each individual Catweazle episode
- contains a brief teaser or synopsis beginning about each episode
- contains the date each of these episodes was aired on ITV
- contains a suggestion of a question for the poll to be made or already made about each episode, motivating people to grade it
- includes a poll asking which episodes the participants would like to review first
- and includes a funny quip on our friend Doctor Omega's new administration rules

For the love of the TV gods, I honestly don't know what a Catweazle thread like this would be doing on a Welcome to Paradox forum. But then this point is moot, because the thread simply isn't there.

ant-mac

Well, I don't see it there. I only see three threads: two for the first two episodes and another one one titled "To Whom itmay concern" that was already there for over a week.

the one I referred to is a comprehensive thread about CATWEAZLE and it...
- lists all active episode conversations
- lists all cast members of said episodes, with special guest stars for each individual Catweazle episode
- contains a brief teaser or synopsis beginning about each episode
- contains the date each of these episodes was aired on ITV
- contains a suggestion of a question for the poll to be made or already made about each episode, motivating people to grade it
- includes a poll asking which episodes the participants would like to review first
- and includes a funny quip on our friend Doctor Omega's new administration rules

For the love of the TV gods, I honestly don't know what a Catweazle thread like this would be doing on a Welcome to Paradox forum. But then this point is moot, because the thread simply isn't there.
It's there.

It includes a STAR TREK: VOYAGER meme if I'm not mistaken.

It's been merged with one of those other threads.

Mad-Pac

It's there.

It includes a STAR TREK: VOYAGER meme if I'm not mistaken.

It's been merged with one of those other threads.
I'll check. In that case it has no function there. It contains information and comments on Catweazle, not Paradox. If it's not part of the current discourse on the show, it serves no purpose and was just placed out of the way.

My idea was to keep a weekly thread not about the specific episode of that week, because that no longer applies apparently, considering several episodes are currently being discussed, but keeping track of the Sages' activity on a weekly basis, listing the most commented episodes and perhaps providing a bridge to unify all these discussions about those specific episodes. But if the thread is going to be shadow banned to the Welcome to Paradox limbo, and inside another thread, where none of you will have to even acknowledge the thread exists, then it has no point.

ant-mac

Yes, it served no constructive purpose on the CATWEAZLE forum, so it was placed out of the way.

As you included a reference to a STAR TREK: VOYAGER episode called THE OMEGA DIRECTIVE, I thought I would add a reference to another episode of STAR TREK: VOYAGER.

Mad-Pac

Yes, it served no constructive purpose on the CATWEAZLE forum, so it was placed out of the way.
And then you concluded that a thread with a Voyager meme and information about several Caweazle episodes served some greater purpose in the episode 1 Welcome to Paradox thread? Right... It seems you didn't read its content. Apparently you just saw the meme and made a rushed decision without considering the variety of content below. It listed all active CATWEAZLE episodes being discussed, with a poll that asked which episodes people would rather review next. It listed cast names for all these episodes and added the dates in which they were aired. It also included a question for a poll for each of these episodes, just didn't include a poll for each of them because it indicated that people should check the poll in the preexisting threads. If you think that's no constructive content for the show, then you're being biased.

As you included a reference to a STAR TREK: VOYAGER episode called THE OMEGA DIRECTIVE, I thought I would add a reference to another episode of STAR TREK: VOYAGER.
Yep, you didn't bother to read the thread. You just saw the meme and thought, "Hey, that's about Star Trek Voyager" (when in fact it referred to something else) and didn't bother to read all the information about seven different Catweazle episodes. It makes even less sense you sent the thread to Welcome to Paradox, and not to the Star Trek Voyager forum or the general discussion board. Really, Paradox? Come on! I also found it surprising how swiftly this kind of decision is made and implemented without any conversation or attempt to clarify which purpose the author of the thread had or how to improve it to meet the standards of the forum, if that all of a sudden became such a determining issue if, as you say, being constructive was the whole point of the action.

Last edited:

ant-mac

And then you concluded that a thread with a Voyager meme and information about several Caweazle episodes served some greater purpose in the episode 1 Welcome to Paradox thread? Right... It seems you didn't read its content. Apparently you just saw the meme and made a rushed decision without considering the variety of content below. It listed all active CATWEAZLE episodes being discussed, with a poll that asked which episodes people would rather review next. It listed cast names for all these episodes and added the dates in which they were aired. It also included a question for a poll for each of these episodes, just didn't include a poll for each of them because it indicated that people should check the poll in the preexisting threads. If you think that's no constructive content for the show, then you're being biased.
It's true that I seldom waste my time reading many of your posts. After a short while, I personally find that they all seem to merge into one another and become indistinguishable - at least tonally.

However, I did familiarize myself with your post, including your caustically sarcastic attitude and the numerous factual errors or "mistakes" included within it.

As a result, I concluded it was just another of your prolific, antisocial, passive-aggressive, attention-seeking tantrums.
Yep, you didn't bother to read the thread. You just saw the meme and thought, "Hey, that's about Star Trek Voyager" (when in fact it referred to something else) and didn't bother to read all the information about seven different Catweazle episodes. It makes even less sense you sent the thread to Welcome to Paradox, and not to the Star Trek Voyager forum or the general discussion board. Really, Paradox? Come on! I also found it surprising how swiftly this kind of decision is made and implemented without any conversation or attempt to clarify which purpose the author of the thread had or how to improve it to meet the standards of the forum, if that all of a sudden became such a determining issue if, as you say, being constructive was the whole point of the action.
Well, I must admit that I do consider the STAR TREK: VOYAGER meme to be the highlight of your last post and certainly the only memorable thing about it. I'm sure that Doctor Omega also enjoyed it, even if it was used by you to accuse him - in an indirect manner - on instituting some sort of benevolent dictatorship. However, due to its childish and disruptive nature, I felt it was inappropriate to leave it where it was, polluting the CATWEAZLE sub-forum.

It was then that I became inspired by your reference to THE OMEGA DIRECTIVE and decided to make a reference to another STAR TREK: VOYAGER episode by actually merging it with another one of your threads. In the end, I not only payed homage to an episode of STAR TREK: VOYAGER with the merging, but also to the TV series WELCOME TO PARADOX in general. After all, under the specific circumstances I have relayed to you, surely the presence of the co-joined thread in the WELCOME TO PARADOX sub-forum forms a very mild type of paradox...?

In any case, were I to act in a manner similar to that employed by you in certain recent posts and full of assumptions based upon ignorance, I might make a comment along the following lines...

"You must be a dwarf or a midget, because everything seems to fly straight over your head."

However, I won't, so I shan't.

Mad-Pac

Catweazle Dream

Hi, folks! I was perusing the Catweazle board the other day and because of that, and aftger watching a few other TV shows, I had a strange dream last night. I dreamed I was watching a lost Catweazle episode.

Somehow, Catweazle made a time traveling spell that worked. But the problem is that he carried Carrot along with him. And apparently another character the show was missing, a sexy, proactive male hero that would take care of action scenes. And for some reason, I felt I was perfect to play that part.

Anyway, Cat and Carrot materialized in a dusty street of a Medieval village. Upon arriving there, Catweazle told carrot he had to change clothes. He explained that, when you travel to the past, you can only take the place of someone that already exists, so he had to “play the part,” and for this, the change of clothes was necessary.

Carrot went behind some bushes carrying a bundle of clothes under his arm. To his horror, he emerged from there wearing a dress. Well, Catweazle had never said the person whose place Carrot was taking was a man.

Next, they had to find a solution for the most obvious problem: returning Carrot home. Catweazle set himself to work on the issue. He started flying over the area like Superman, and just like the superhero, Catweazle showed enhanced vision powers, so he could identify specific features in the terrain even from up in the sky. And I thought the show’s special effects had improved a great deal.

After reconnoitering the terrain, Catweazle devised a plan he was sure was going to work. He would draw a path on the ground and all Carrot had to do walk it until he reached his own time. All he had to do was make sure he followed the path and did not trip on his new dress. In order to make Carrot’s job easier, the path would shine or glow in front of him. But there was one caveat: the path was a straight line and Carrot had to follow it no matter where it went. This caused a few embarrassing situations, such as having to walk through a stranger’s house.

There were also a couple problems Catweazle forgot to mention: the final part of the path passed through a ditch of a certain depth, and Carrot would have to climb the other side, and the path ended in the sewer of a very busy street in a modern city, the final part being a metal ladder Carrot would have to climb as well. To make matters worse, as soon as Catweazle finished painting the final portion of the path, a kid showed up and erased part of the path, interrupting it. And as we know from magical circles that can contain demons, the line cannot be broken in order for the spell to work. In spite of all that, Catweazle was sure his spell would work and laughed maniacally at the thought.

The next thing I remember is seeing Catweazle and Carrot arriving in the busy street with heavy traffic. But the cars seemed different. I asked Catweazle, “When are we?” And he replied, “Fourteen.” At first I thought it was 1914, but that traffic was way too heavy for the time. Later I decided that he had meant “14 years ago,” so, as the show was made in 1970, we were in 1956.

At that moment I felt disappointed the writers had ditched the ditch, so to speak, and the episode didn’t show how carrot climbed the difficult part of the path and how he managed to arrive at his destination even with the magical path broken.

“We’re not home,” said a smiley Carrot. He seemed pretty fine with everything.

“First we have to visit your aunt Mildred,” he said. We walked for a while and ended in a club. Catweazle and I sat in chairs as we waited for Aunt Mildred. In that large room, Carrot was making new friends, as there was a large group of boys all around him, following every word he said. Then I noticed Carrot was no longer wearing a Medieval peasant woman’s dress. Carrot wore a blue flannel dress and it fit Carrot perfectly. Carrot also had long blonde hair, wore white gloves, a hat and held a small handbag.

Then Aunt Mildred showed up and I saw that she was played by Maggie Smith. “The package has been delivered,” Catweazle said, “I’ve done my part of the deal.” “Good,” she replied with a grin.

Then I asked Catweazle, “Do I have a wrong impression, or is Carrot extremely comfortable in those female clothes? And he looks much more interesting than I had realized.”

“It’s not just the clothes,” Catweazle replied.

Carrot approached us. “Hi, aunt Mildred,” she said. “I decided to stay and grow up as an American woman,” the girl said with a beautiful smile.

“Good,” said Aunt Mildred mysteriously again.

Well, I don’t know what happened after that. Did he sell out Carrot to that woman for some strange purpose? Was her decision to stay in 1956 as a woman a genuine decision on her own free will? Or was it all a plan made by Catweazle to fool Mildred and he would eventually rescue his young friend?

The answers would come next episode, in the second part. I woke up ready to apologize to the group and say Catweazle is actually as great show, and the next thing I wanted was to check the episode to see if I remembered the details right and to find out what would happen in the end.

But then I realized it was all a dream, and I had borrowed elements from “Rick and Morty” and the “Welcome to Paradox” episode named “Options.” And unfortunately, my opinion of Catweazle hasn’t changed a bit.

ant-mac

Catweazle Dream

Hi, folks! I was perusing the Catweazle board the other day and because of that, and aftger watching a few other TV shows, I had a strange dream last night. I dreamed I was watching a lost Catweazle episode.

Somehow, Catweazle made a time traveling spell that worked. But the problem is that he carried Carrot along with him. And apparently another character the show was missing, a sexy, proactive male hero that would take care of action scenes. And for some reason, I felt I was perfect to play that part.

Anyway, Cat and Carrot materialized in a dusty street of a Medieval village. Upon arriving there, Catweazle told carrot he had to change clothes. He explained that, when you travel to the past, you can only take the place of someone that already exists, so he had to “play the part,” and for this, the change of clothes was necessary.

Carrot went behind some bushes carrying a bundle of clothes under his arm. To his horror, he emerged from there wearing a dress. Well, Catweazle had never said the person whose place Carrot was taking was a man.

Next, they had to find a solution for the most obvious problem: returning Carrot home. Catweazle set himself to work on the issue. He started flying over the area like Superman, and just like the superhero, Catweazle showed enhanced vision powers, so he could identify specific features in the terrain even from up in the sky. And I thought the show’s special effects had improved a great deal.

After reconnoitering the terrain, Catweazle devised a plan he was sure was going to work. He would draw a path on the ground and all Carrot had to do walk it until he reached his own time. All he had to do was make sure he followed the path and did not trip on his new dress. In order to make Carrot’s job easier, the path would shine or glow in front of him. But there was one caveat: the path was a straight line and Carrot had to follow it no matter where it went. This caused a few embarrassing situations, such as having to walk through a stranger’s house.

There were also a couple problems Catweazle forgot to mention: the final part of the path passed through a ditch of a certain depth, and Carrot would have to climb the other side, and the path ended in the sewer of a very busy street in a modern city, the final part being a metal ladder Carrot would have to climb as well. To make matters worse, as soon as Catweazle finished painting the final portion of the path, a kid showed up and erased part of the path, interrupting it. And as we know from magical circles that can contain demons, the line cannot be broken in order for the spell to work. In spite of all that, Catweazle was sure his spell would work and laughed maniacally at the thought.

The next thing I remember is seeing Catweazle and Carrot arriving in the busy street with heavy traffic. But the cars seemed different. I asked Catweazle, “When are we?” And he replied, “Fourteen.” At first I thought it was 1914, but that traffic was way too heavy for the time. Later I decided that he had meant “14 years ago,” so, as the show was made in 1970, we were in 1956.

At that moment I felt disappointed the writers had ditched the ditch, so to speak, and the episode didn’t show how carrot climbed the difficult part of the path and how he managed to arrive at his destination even with the magical path broken.

“First we have to visit your aunt Mildred,” he said. We walked for a while and ended in a club. Catweazle and I sat in chairs as we waited for Aunt Mildred. In that large room, Carrot was making new friends, as there was a large group of boys all around him, following every word he said. Then I noticed Carrot was no longer wearing a Medieval peasant woman’s dress. Carrot wore a blue flannel dress and it fit Carrot perfectly. Carrot also had long blonde hair, wore white gloves, a hat and held a small handbag.

Then Aunt Mildred showed up and I saw that she was played by Maggie Smith. “The package has been delivered,” Catweazle said, “I’ve done my part of the deal.” “Good,” she replied with a grin.

Then I asked Catweazle, “Do I have a wrong impression, or is Carrot extremely comfortable in those female clothes? And he looks much more interesting than I had realized.”

Carrot approached us. “Hi, aunt Mildred,” she said. “I decided to stay and grow up as an American woman,” the girl said with a beautiful smile.

Well, I don’t know what happened after that. Did he sell out Carrot to that woman for some strange purpose? Was her decision to stay in 1956 as a woman a genuine decision on her own free will? Or was it all a plan made by Catweazle to fool Mildred and he would eventually rescue his young friend?

The answers would come next episode, in the second part. I woke up ready to apologize to the group and say Catweazle is actually as great show, and the next thing I wanted was to check the episode to see if I remembered the details right and to find out what would happen in the end.

But then I realized it was all a dream, and I had borrowed elements from “Rick and Morty” and the “Welcome to Paradox” episode named “Options.” And unfortunately, my opinion of Catweazle hasn’t changed a bit.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Catweazle Dream

Mad-Pac

Well, @michaellevenson I'm disappointed you consider my post trolling. When I coordinated the Sages, anything could be a topic for conversation even if indirectly about the show. A joke, some curiosity, fanfiction, anything.could be used to foster the exchange of ideas and get some laughs in the process. In the worst case, odd ideas would be ignored by those who were not interested. I'm sad things are so regimented now that they won't pass the cultural filter. But then with such a culturally restricted show and its fandom, that kind of makes sense.

Mad-Pac

@Doctor Omega What the hell am I talking about? Well, I guess I failed to cross the cultural barrier once more. This is a very British group indeed. Our old gang used to be much more flexible to banter. Well, if you really want to know what I meant, let me know and we'll talk about it. Otherwise I'll just wait until I have a less unconvetional take on the show.