Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
HULK-POSTER-MAG_1978_1.jpg

Your thoughts on this tv show.....

A fugitive scientist has the curse of becoming a powerful green monster under extreme emotional stress.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The first showdown between Hulk and Thor.

This was the first of three feature length tv movies made quite a few years after the original run of the Hulk tv show.

Marvel were finally starting to try and bring other heroes into proceedings.

With mixed results....

Anyone remember this one?

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Ferrigno terrified me. I think it was the way they used slow motion when he moved and that he didn't talk.

A genuine monster.

Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega

He finally got his own UK comic at the time we got the show....

Previously he had just been one star in THE MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL weekly comic. All black and white reprints.

UK-MWOM-276.jpg

Strangely, up to then issues like the above one had had glossy covers. Now it was cheap pulp paper, like HULK COMIC below. Marvel UK were clearly struggling financially.....

HulkComic01.jpg

The 1979 Hulk comic was unique in that uk artists and writers started to draw all new strips that were a little bit closer to the tv show than the original comic to avoid confusing newfound fans of the show.....

Hulk-Comic-01-Hulk-Dave-Gibbons.jpg

Last edited:

johnnybear

I loved The Hulk as a kid and to this day have never seen the first TV Movie and yes, I've owned it for donkey's years! Sadly I gave up with the show after the two parter in which The Hulk gets trapped between Banner and another more human form. (Prometheus) But I have seen the three final movies! One day I might get around to watching the lot...
JB

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
This show absolutely should not work, but dammit, it is so good. Honestly, the premise is so overused - mysterious traveler comes to town, fixes some problem, then leaves on his solitary journey - that it;s difficult to do it and make it seem fresh and enjoyable. But they did just that, and Bixby is so damned likable as Banner. He plays a road-weary loner who just wants to be hidden, and yet gets drawn into the problems of whatever town he walked into. He had a charisma that made you really hope that someday, somehow, he would be rid of the Hulk and be able to live in peace. And before CGI, we had Ferrigno in green make-up, and it was great! He really was The Hulk!

johnnybear

Annoying it is that the US DVDs of the show had quite a few extras where as I'm sure we got zilch on ours! I've got them but haven't opened the rascals yet to be sure but I've heard we got vanilla versions!
JB