Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Live in the UK?

Come and see INCREDIBLE HULK: THE MOVIE.

Yes, it does look a lot like that pilot episode you saw for free on the telly months back, doesn't it! :emoji_confused:

Incredible-Hulk.jpg

Doctor Omega

He suddenly was the star of RAMPAGE monthly magazine in the UK as well....

I couldn't afford that with my pocket money though..... There were DOCTOR WHO novelisations to buy! And 2000AD comic.

Tough choices had to be made back in those days! :emoji_confused:

2276050-ramp16.jpg

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I had the poster book of the TV pilot as I'd missed and still haven't seen the first movie! But yep over here we are expected to pay to see things that our American cousins get for free! The Hulk and Battlestar Galactica are just two of the many shows put on the big screen to wring out every last penny from our pockets!
JB

Doctor Omega

The Incredible Hulk show certainly had it's time in the sun merchandise-wise.

I don't think they've ever recaptured it since, despite two solo movies and more recent guest shots in the MCU.

That show just worked.

And not a whiff of c.g.i. either.

Doctor Omega

Someone in the comments says that this interview took place between season 1 and 2, so I just checked and "Married" starts the second series.

Totally agree about Bill being a nice guy.

I think other actors can be entertaining or dramatic as Banner, but he has been - and probably forever will be - the only one to make the audience feel the tragedy of Banner.

johnnybear

I think the show sort of took him over though from what I remember! Apparently he lived on a yacht and used to watch The Hulk all the time as events in his life collapsed around him!
JB

Doctor Omega

That's so sad.

I remember he did another show called THE MAGICIAN after Hulk. But to my child's eyes he might have well have still been David Banner who was posing as a magician now instead of a taxi driver or hospital porter - for weeks on end. That series never really seemed to take off like HULK did and quietly disappeared pretty rapidly.

Then there were the reunion Hulk movies, which - while somewhat crazily offbeat and quirky, with the likes of a cut price Thor, etc - were somehow shadows of the original series.

At least Bill had the good grace to end the series with a very final instalment, although I believe there were plans to bring the character back for one more movie before Bill's untimely death put paid to that.

johnnybear

The Magician actually came before The Incredible Hulk, Doc! I recently discovered that it only lasted the one season which was a big shock! There was an episode of Hulk called My Favourite Magician I believe and it was a mix of Bill's former two shows, The Magician and My Favourite Martian!
JB

johnnybear

That's so sad.

I remember he did another show called THE MAGICIAN after Hulk. But to my child's eyes he might have well have still been David Banner who was posing as a magician now instead of a taxi driver or hospital porter - for weeks on end. That series never really seemed to take off like HULK did and quietly disappeared pretty rapidly.

Then there were the reunion Hulk movies, which - while somewhat crazily offbeat and quirky, with the likes of a cut price Thor, etc - were somehow shadows of the original series.

At least Bill had the good grace to end the series with a very final instalment, although I believe there were plans to bring the character back for one more movie before Bill's untimely death put paid to that.
Yeah apparently the Hulk's fall to his death was not supposed to be the end of the green giant but like you say Bill's death sadly put an end to the idea! I was never keen when Bill had that beard yet changed into Lou without it!!! Bill's son Christopher died in 1981, not sure if it was a skiing accident or what and seemed to have a heart attack which he never recovered from at the age of six and then his wife Brenda Benet killed herself while Bill remarried twice before contracting cancer and dying in 1993!
JB

johnnybear

Lou appeared as an Orion slaver in an episode of Star Trek continues and I thought he was quite good in the role, despite being already used to appearing in green paint from years before!
JB

Doctor Omega

The Impossible Hulk - SNL

After being hit by gamma radiation in a failed experiment, Dr. Bruce Banner (Idris Elba) transforms into an emboldened white lady (Cecily Strong) whenever he is threatened.