Review The Invaders (1967)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Roy Thinnes stars as David Vincent, trying to warn the authorities of an alien invasion in this 60's American classic.
The first series was very good, with fast paced stories, fantastic music and some real clever concepts. The UFO design was simplistic but effective, there was some cool weaponry, I liked the hand held discs they pressed against victims necks to induce a brain hemorrhage, and of course when the aliens died they burnt up in an incandescent glow which was very effective FX.
Good alien plots included, controlling the weather and turning insects hostile.
The second series wasn't quite so hard hitting, and Vincent ended up gathering a group of believers which slightly changed the ethos of the show. Having said that there's some good stories still particularly Summit Meeting with Michael Rennie guest starring. Shame it got cancelled after two seasons without a definite conclusion, overall a show worth checking out if you've not seen it.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Woo hoo! :emoji_relaxed:

An excellent TV series that ended all too soon in my opinion. Fortunately, due to it being created and produced in the USA, there are still a good number of episodes to enjoy. I'm fortunate enough to own the DVD box set and in my opinion, it's up there with some of the very best SF TV shows ever made.

PS - It wasn't just the opening titles that were pretty cool... :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
without a definite conclusion

There was the 1995 tv movie - that was supposed to serve as a sequel-cum retread....

Have yet to watch it, but comments on you tube under it include:

I hope Quinn Martin was dead and never saw this.

Roy Thinnes must have been skint to appear in this piece of garbage. The original Quinn Martin series was generally very good.
Such comments do not inspire much confidence in this long awaited return. :emoji_disappointed:

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
There was the 1995 tv movie - that was supposed to serve as a sequel-cum retread....

Have yet to watch it, but comments on you tube under it include:
Such comments do not inspire much confidence in this long awaited return. :emoji_disappointed:

It's an old story that is repeated more and more these days... :emoji_cry:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
The Invaders was another show from the sixties that the BBC put on in the eighties! I remember videoing virtually each and every episode except when I had to go away on holiday and miss 'em! But I eventually got the shows when they were repeated in the early nineties so wa-hey but now I've got the DVD set! :)

JB

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Funnily enough I've just started rewatching The Invaders last week! Still love the show despite it being very dated and the paranoia effect which takes a hold of David Vincent almost from the start!
JB