Review The Lion King (2019)

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
If its using CGI animals, than the only part of it that is "live action" would be the set. I don't even think that counts. They should actually use real animals in the movie. Then it would really be live action.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Then it would really be live action.
Right up to the lions feeling a bit peckish?
Have to admit I barely got beyond the opening scene of the cartoon before being too seriously annoyed by a (?) parrot- I had too clear an instant memory of Terry Pratchett's woodland-creatures-gathering-together in Wyrd Sisters "Some of you buggers had better be quick on your heels when this spell wears off!
(Apologies to anyone who remembers the quotation more exactly)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Ejiofor In Talks For Scar In “The Lion King”

ejiofor-in-talks-for-scar-in-the-lion-king-696x464.jpg

Acclaimed actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (“12 Years a Slave,” “The Martian”) is reportedly in talks to voice the villain Scar in the live-action remake of Disney’s “The Lion King”.

Ejiofor would join the previously cast Donald Glover as lion cub Simba, James Earl Jones as his father Mufasa, and John Oliver as Zazu.

Jeremy Irons voiced Scar in the original 1994 film, and the other week Hugh Jackman’s reps had to shoot down speculation that he had been cast in the role.

Jon Favreau (“Iron Man,” “The Jungle Book”) is helming the feature which boasts photo-realistic CGI animals. Jeff Nathanson is writing the script and the project is aiming for a July 19th 2019 release.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0bE7WRW.jpg

Jon Favreau’s “The Jungle Book” was nothing if not a testing ground for an eventual “The Lion King” remake and, in the wake of that film making a billion dollars at the box-office and also scoring good reviews, along came the inevitable with Favreau using the same tech but going even further this time out. Dubbed ‘live-action,’ though really just photo-realistic CG animation, this new take on the beloved 1994 Disney animated classic is expected to be quite loyal to the original and includes a superb voice cast like Donald Glover, Beyonce, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, John Oliver, Keegan-Michael Key, Florence Kasumba, Alfre Woodard and the great James Earl Jones reprising his role of Mufasa. Expect another billion-dollar box-office haul for Disney.