Review The Marvel ANIMATED UNIVERSE!

Discussion in 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

The Incredible Hulk is an American animated television series starring the Marvel Comics character the Hulk. It ran two seasons, for 21 episodes, on the television network UPN from 1996 to 1997. Lou Ferrigno, who portrayed Universal's version of the Hulk on the live-action TV series from 1978 to 1982, provided the Hulk's voice.[2]

The show often featured cameo appearances by characters from other Marvel cartoons of the period. In the second season, the show's format, after UPN decided that season one was too dark, was changed, and to give "female viewers a chance",[3] the network ordered that She-Hulk be made a regular co-star. As a result, the series was officially renamed The Incredible Hulk and She-Hulk. The second season also featured the Grey Hulk.

#1 Doctor Omega, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

CsBhxgNVUAAsq8f.jpg

Thoughts and views on the Marvel Animated Universe through the decades.....

tumblr_mzfbvmj9Zl1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

The 1967 Spidey cartoon is the only Marvel Animated Show that I remembered seeing growing up, but I now know that there were others.

5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

7. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

8. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

9. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

4299284-thing+and+h.e.r.b.i.e.+fantastic+four+1978.jpg

1978 had the Fantastic Four again, but the Human Torch had been replaced by a robot called H.E.R.B.I.E.

10. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Then there was this.....

And that's all I remember personally. I know that there were plenty more to follow in the years to come.

11. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 7

Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends was a big part of my childhood (along with Super Friends). I then watched both the X-Men and Spider-Man animated shows on Fox in the 90s (I remember watching the other 90s cartoons now and then, but they never seemed to be as good as the other two). I have all five seasons of the X-Men animated show on DVD, and it still holds up. Then in the late 90s, they did X-Men: Evolution, which was pretty good. It had the distinction of introducing X-23 to the Marvel universe, who quickly became a very cool character, and introduced into the comics.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

TheReflection-600x338.jpg

Bang up to date now - and Stan Lee has recently branched into anime, with THE REFLECTION, in which lots of thinly disguised Marvel heroes (such as Iron Man now becoming "I-GUY") having lots of fights with villains and arguments with one another.

Every episode ends with a voiceover from Stan saying "Next time on The Reflection! (Whatever the next title is) and "Excelsior!"

#12 Doctor Omega, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  13. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

“Spawn” Getting Another Animated Series

spawn-getting-another-animated-series.jpg

One of the most iconic and yet underrated of 1990s animated series was that of HBO’s “Spawn”. Launched the same year as the critically slammed live-action film, the Emmy-winning series got everything right about the property that the film failed to pull off.

Incredibly dark, violent, adult and atmospheric, the show’s first season in particular remains a hallmark for the genre and starred the great Keith David in the titular role. Now, twenty years on and with another live-action film on the way, it looks like a new animated “Spawn” is also incoming.

During his appearance at New York Comic Con this past weekend, “Spawn” creator Todd McFarlane revealed to ScreenGeek that there are plans for the character’s return to television:

“I’m going to get the [Spawn] movie out and then we still have the rights for TV and animation and we’ll just figure it out. I’ve also got to figure out how to get Keith David in my movie, too. Just for one line.”

Production on the long-anticipated live-action reboot is slated to kick off in February, no word on when an animated series might begin production let alone air at this point. The original HBO series is available on HBO Now.

14. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 7

Todd McFarlane is so full of shit. He's been blabbertating since the early 00s about how he's going to reboot Spawn, since the sequel fell through. I'll believe it when it's actually released and I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for it to start.

He's also an asshole, but that's another thread altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gavin

Gavin Member: Rank 5
    VIP

Wouldn't the first statement automatically imply the second? Or vice versa?

• Love it! Love it! x 2