Review The Meg (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

After escaping an attack by what he claims was a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.

On to the sequel.....

THE MEG II.....

(Coming soon)

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

First “The Meg” Trailer Launch Imminent

first-the-meg-trailer-launch-imminent-696x464.jpg

Steve Alten, the original author of the giant prehistoric shark novel “MEG,” has confirmed that the first trailer for the long in the works film adaptation of his novel is about ready for launch.

Posting on Facebook, writer Steve Alten confirms that not one but two trailers are complete for the film which stars Jason Statham and explains why we haven’t seen anything yet as the film is due out in just four months:

“I’ve actually seen the two trailers and they are excellent. The powers-that-be decided it would be best to delay their launch from late March until April. The reason has to do with analytics and if the viewing audience sees a trailer too early and then the movie comes out much later, they are left with a false impression that the movie had already been out.

What is important is that the trailers are finished and they WILL come out in April…. Also debuting in April will be the movie poster. I’ve seen the mock-up and I really like it. It features an angle of the MEG that has never appeared on one of my MEG covers.”

Jon Turteltaub helms the Warner Brothers film about a former Naval captain and expert diver recruited to undertake a deep-sea mission to rescue Chinese scientists under attack from a terrifying threat: a Carcharodon Megalodon. Fan Bingbing, Rainn Wilson and Ruby Rose co-star.

A good bet for their debut will be next week with giant creature feature “Rampage” – the subject matter and tone is fitting and it is also a Warners film. “The Meg” is slated to open in cinemas in August.

Doctor Omega

New Photo: Prehistoric Shark Film “The Meg”

A new photo is out from the giant prehistoric shark film “The Meg” with the shot showing off the 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon lurking under a mass of unsuspecting swimmers.

Talking with EW who released the photo, the film’s star Jason Statham spoke about how swimming with actual bull sharks in Fiji prior to shooting helped him prepare for the role. Statham, who plays a diver tasked with rescuing the crew of a deep-sea submersible after it has been attacked by the terrifying creature, says:

“They hand-feed them and it’s a spectacular thing to see. These things are three meters in length, huge big things. There were 20 or 30 of these things, and they were hand-feeding [them] big tuna heads, and we got very, very close, and it was a spectacular moment. To swim in close proximity to a big, three-meter shark, is to be recommended to all and everyone.

You get anxiety when you’re on the boat. But once you get in the ocean, things take a very different turn. You get very relaxed, and when you’re in their environment, it’s quite a tranquil sort of thing, the anxiety goes away completely. It’s remarkable to experience. All of the fear — or the perceived fear — is done in your own head before you get down there with them.

Once you’re swimming down there with all the other divers, it’s phenomenal. It’s one of the greatest experiences you could have, for me anyway. I’m a big SCUBA diver fanatic. Wherever I am in the world, if I get a chance to get in the ocean, I do.”

“The Meg” is due out in cinemas on August 10th.

new-photo-prehistoric-shark-film-the-meg-696x464.jpg

Doctor Omega

First Trailer: Jason Statham In “The Meg”

first-trailer-jason-statham-in-the-meg-696x464.jpg

The first trailer for the giant prehistoric shark film “The Meg,” starring Jason Statham, has arrived. Li Bingbing, Cliff Curtis, Rainn Wilson, Ruby Rose, Robert Taylor, Jessica McNamee, Masi Oka and Winston Chao co-star.

In the film a deep-sea submersible, part of an international undersea observation program, has been attacked by a massive creature and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific…with its crew trapped inside.

With time running out, expert deep sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Jason Statham) is recruited by a visionary Chinese oceanographer (Winston Chao), against the wishes of his daughter Suyin (Li Bingbing), to save the crew – and the ocean itself – from this unstoppable threat: a pre-historic 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon.

John Turteltaub is directing the film from a script by Dean Georgaris, Jon Hoeber & Erich Hoeber. “The Meg” opens August 10th.

Doctor Omega

Still faring well is the prehistoric shark thriller “The Meg” which is on course for a projected $12 million for the holiday weekend with the film so far having pulled in $418 million worldwide.