The Memorial Day Thread

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Memorial Day is a national holiday in the United States which is observed on the last Monday in May (originally on May 30), and is intended to be a day of remembrance of those who have fallen in military service. While the tradition of decorating soldiers' graves goes back centuries, it was adopted here during the Civil War, and has continued to be a day marked by parades and cemetery ceremonies.

In recent years, it has become observed by most as the first holiday of the summer, and is marked by camping, grilling, drinking and sales from capitalists. Which drives many who have never served a day in their lives to shame others by reminding them what the holiday is all about. Thanks, but I know what the holiday is about, and if I choose to use my extra day off of work to relax because I'm not dealing with the public, I'll do so. Also, if you didn't serve, you don't get to call me out for not serving. I had actual medical reasons why I couldn't.

Besides, I have my own reasons for remembering. Miss you, brother. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/14148464/mark-adam-wall