Review The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BMTgzOTc0NTE3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODY4MDgwNjM@._V1_SY1000_SX700_AL_.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A young girl is transported into a magical world of gingerbread soldiers and an army of mice.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Final Trailer: “Nutcracker & The Four Realms”

final-trailer-disneys-nutcracker-the-four-realms-696x464.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures has released the final trailer for “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” which comes just four weeks after the film released its second trailer.

Mackenzie Foy stars as Clara, a girl who has to get back a magical key in order to unlock a special gift from her godfather Drosselmeyer (Morgan Freeman), and goes looking for it across the Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers, Land of Sweets and the foreboding Fourth Realm ruled by Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren). Keira Knightley also stars as the Sugar Plum Fairy

inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s short story and the famed Tchaikovsky ballet adaptation, the film is helmed by Lasse Hallstrom, though Joe Johnston (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) took over to handle reshoots due to scheduling issues. Hallstrom then took the project back and finished it in post.

Ashleigh Powell penned the script while Mark Gordon and Larry J. Franco are producing. The movie opens in cinemas on November 2nd.

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
I wish somebody would just take the original ETA Hoffmann story and adapt that. While the ballet is fairly simple and would need to be expanded upon in order to make a complete movie, the original story is very complex, and could make a really good movie. Unfortunately, nobody ever reads the book, so people end up making up their own story.

From some arguments in the comments on Facebook, I've seen several people countering people's complaints by claiming that this movie is trying the follow the original story more. But I know that's not true. The protagonist of the original story is named Marie, not Clara. If they can't even get the name right, that tells me how much they care about the story.

But there is one good thing about this movie: It's not as bad as Peter Rabbit.