Was We Robbed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
What prompted me to create this thread is that I was talking to a stall-holder friend of mine yesterday and he said that he was present at a convention where Declan (Jabba) Mullholland was present when the actor began to clutch his chest and was taken away by ambulance, but sadly passed away within the next day or so.

One thing that I am not convinced about is Lucas' statement that he always intended to replace the above actor with an alien Jabba. Dishonest ret-conning imo.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
One thing that I am not convinced about is Lucas' statement that he always intended to replace the above actor with an alien Jabba. Dishonest ret-conning imo.
I grew up both loving and admiring Lucas, but as the years have gone on, I find him to be mentally unstable. It has long been known that he made a nearly unwatchable movie that was saved only in the editing process, but he had all of these great elements. They just needed to be made coherent. He also had no idea if it would end up as a franchise, and had no master plan for six or nine movies (depending on what publication he was talking to), so he gave a summary to Alan Dean Foster, and he wrote Splinter of the Mind's Eye, in case there wasn't a sequel. The best thing Lucas did was to have others come in and help with Empire and Jedi, and when he realized that fans liked those movies so much and much of the EU, it made him jealous, and he did the Prequels and the Special Editions, to prove that it was "his baby". He's so full of shit and bought into his own hype, and I don't think he even knows what the truth is anymore.

Wait, what were we talking about again?