Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
This Is Your Life - Jon Pertwee (2016 Reconstruction)

Originally shown on ITV in April 1971 here is a reconstruction of a lost episode of the light entertainment show This Is Your Life. Every week host Eamonn Andrews surprised a celebrity and went through various points of their lives with guests relevant to that week's star. This episode focuses on late 1970s Doctor Who star Jon Pertwee. Reconstructed using the surviving audio, the only two surviving pictures of the show, relevant video clips, minor animation and composite photos created via Photoshop this will hopefully give some idea as to what the original show may have looked like.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I've got the disc yes and have watched snippets of the changes which look very good, ant, but as a completest I prefer the original version! For one thing the newer version has omitted "No complications!"
JB

johnnybear

Well, if you don't mind mentally scarring him for life, you could point out that as you're older, you'll be dead sooner, so that gives you priority over him in all situations.

Just saying... :emoji_wink:
Doesn't work my friend, I've tried all the answers and he has got loads of his own!

JB

Gavin

VIP
I shall watch this when I have a moment, my son is pestering me for a go on the computer so what can you do?
JB
I know what that's like. Anytime I want to sit down on my computer one of my kids desparately needs to play a game or watch youtube or something. And apparently I'm the worst dad in the world if I say no :emoji_alien:

johnnybear

I know what that's like. Anytime I want to sit down on my computer one of my kids desparately needs to play a game or watch youtube or something. And apparently I'm the worst dad in the world if I say no :emoji_alien:
Same here, Gav, same here!
JB

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
At which point, I would remove all of their toys and other treats.

They go to school, come home and do their homework, eat and bathe and stay in their room without toys or any technology.

It stops when they admit they're wrong and that as children or minors, they don't know what they're talking about.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'm fighting both kids and their Mother too, ant!
JB
Luckily I only had to contend with one child. By the time we split, he was about 6 or 7. I'd already put in all the hard work before then. I'd never let him get away with anything and I was always clear and consistent throughout. And as strict as I was when he misbehaved, I was just as generous when he was good. I also apologized to him if I ever made a mistake. Teaching by example is the only path that I would respect, so why would I expect any different from him...

Afterwards, I was able to relax, because he understood the rules. We got along fine most of the time. Apparently, she had to turn a bit of a hard bitch to get her point across.

So the roles were sort of reversed. I became the fun one and she became the one that wasn't.

johnnybear

Unfortunately we don't agree on punishments for the kids which leads to trouble further along! Apparently my way is Victorian and as I'm a lot older than the missus I understand what she's on about but I find her approach far too lenient at times but it's usually her that wallops them when they play up!
JB

johnnybear

I think that Day of The Daleks has always been my favourite Dalek story even if they aren't up to their majestic best in it! I love the time travel theory and their sinister metal cities and that tunnel that existed in two time periods! I've always loved Evil of The Daleks for the time travel part as well! All the Pertwee Dalek stories are good and of course Genesis, who could forget that?
JB

Doctor Omega

Apparently the reason we have the soundtrack is that Jon was given an audio recording of the episode after the show by the makers of THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Yeah, I agree that they've done a charming job reconstructing it. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

8mm film - Jon Pertwee at Target Book signing - Doctor Who

Short file of Jon Pertwee appearing in person at a Target book signing event. Shot on 8mm film. Jon appears in character as the 3rd Doctor Who. Found this whilst digistising an old VHS. No idea of origin..