Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Peter Davison mock Doctor Who interview Australian breakfast TV

Actor Peter Davison sends himself up in this short spoof interview from a breakfast television show during his promotional visit to Australia in the early 1980s. Uploaded this I've heard several fans requesting to see it and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Apologies for the poor quality, this was taken from a VHS dub.

Doctor Omega

Peter Davison mock Doctor Who interview Australian breakfast TV

I wish JNT had been a bit less uptight and had let more of Peter Davison't unique brand of humour shine through during his tenure, but I can sort of understand why he had an allergy after THE TOM BAKER SHOW had been brand Who for so long.

Still, a shame.

Doctor Omega

The Fifth Doctor regenerates except the year is 2010

Seeing as the Doctor Who production team seem to have retconned the appearance of regeneration energy all the way back to the Hartnell era, one wonders what past regenerations are supposed to have 'really looked like' through the New Who lens. Of course, the Fifth Doctor's iconic rotating-faces-LSD-trip easily beats the New Who golden energy. But the question that motivated this video was not 'which is better' - rather, it was 'what if?'

Doctor Omega

Yes, i totally agree.

Not to mention the fact that Peri would have been collateral damage, suffering 70% burns from an exploding firework Doctor and needing years of skin graft surgery.

Doctor Omega

Peter Davison's first Doctor Who series is confirmed as next classic Blu-ray release
Some "absolutely splendid" news for fans.

gallery-1534844415-s19-2d-packshot.jpg

Peter Davison's first series as the Fifth Doctor will be the next Doctor Who box-set on Blu-ray.

Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19 follows the debut release of Tom Baker's first series in July and will similarly come as a collector's edition with a limited run.

The title will be released on November 19 and will be available to pre-order from HMV and Amazon from tomorrow (August 22).

Davison's first seven stories from 1982 – 'Castrovalva', 'Four To Doomsday', 'Kinda', 'The Visitation', 'Black Orchid', 'Earthshock' and 'Time-Flight' – will all appear on the set, along with the 2007 mini-episode, 'Time Crash' (which saw Davison reprise his role opposite David Tennant as the tenth Doctor).

Across the series, the Doctor and his companions Tegan (Janet Fielding), Nyssa (Sarah Sutton) and Adric (Matthew Waterhouse) face off against The Master (Anthony Ainley), the terrifying Mara, the Terileptils, the Plasmatons and the revamped Cybermen

All 26 classic episodes are being remastered in true HD, while special features will include five new making-of documentaries, an extended version of 'Black Orchid' part one, rare behind-the-scenes studio footage, updated special effects for 'Castrovalva', and a newly-shot one-hour interview with Peter Davison.

The season 19 set will also feature a special booklet featuring extensive notes from content consultant Pete McTighe, recently announced as one of the writers on Doctor Who's next series on BBC One starring Jodie Whittaker.

gallery-1534844525-19-packshot-actual.jpg

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Peter Davison's first Doctor Who series is confirmed as next classic Blu-ray release
Some "absolutely splendid" news for fans.

View attachment 9631

Peter Davison's first series as the Fifth Doctor will be the next Doctor Who box-set on Blu-ray.

Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19 follows the debut release of Tom Baker's first series in July and will similarly come as a collector's edition with a limited run.

The title will be released on November 19 and will be available to pre-order from HMV and Amazon from tomorrow (August 22).

Davison's first seven stories from 1982 – 'Castrovalva', 'Four To Doomsday', 'Kinda', 'The Visitation', 'Black Orchid', 'Earthshock' and 'Time-Flight' – will all appear on the set, along with the 2007 mini-episode, 'Time Crash' (which saw Davison reprise his role opposite David Tennant as the tenth Doctor).

Across the series, the Doctor and his companions Tegan (Janet Fielding), Nyssa (Sarah Sutton) and Adric (Matthew Waterhouse) face off against The Master (Anthony Ainley), the terrifying Mara, the Terileptils, the Plasmatons and the revamped Cybermen

All 26 classic episodes are being remastered in true HD, while special features will include five new making-of documentaries, an extended version of 'Black Orchid' part one, rare behind-the-scenes studio footage, updated special effects for 'Castrovalva', and a newly-shot one-hour interview with Peter Davison.

The season 19 set will also feature a special booklet featuring extensive notes from content consultant Pete McTighe, recently announced as one of the writers on Doctor Who's next series on BBC One starring Jodie Whittaker.

View attachment 9632
I've got them all on DVD.

That's good enough for me.

Doctor Omega

They need to hurry too, if they are planning to re-release everything. Every few years seems to bring a new format.

4K now, whatever that is, already super-ceding blu-ray. But I am sure there will be an even newer format in a month or two! :emoji_robot:

Not to mentions the limitations of the original format these episodes were filmed on.

All these "upgradings" seem more than a little pointless.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
They need to hurry too, if they are planning to re-release everything. Every few years seems to bring a new format.

4K now, whatever that is, already super-ceding blu-ray. But I am sure there will be an even newer format in a month or two! :emoji_robot:

Not to mentions the limitations of the original format these episodes were filmed on.

All these "upgradings" seem more than a little pointless.
Oh there's always a point to the upgradings...

Money!