Review The Sarah Jane Adventures (2007)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
000000.jpg

Your thoughts on this show......

Investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith, with the help of her adopted son, his friends, and an intelligent supercomputer, combats evil alien forces here on Earth.

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I didn't see the last season, but for a children's show, it was pretty good. The one thing I hate about Sarah Jane's portrayal is that she grew lonely and bitter. Why not find love and a more fruitful life after the Doctor? Jo Grant didn't spend her life pining after him. I know Elizabeth Sladen liked that character development but I don't.

That said, one thing I loved was the cameos. Seeing the Brigadier (too bad the actor was too sick to attend Sarah Jane's wedding) and Jo Grant again was great. I did like the children. Child actors can be stiff and annoying, but this crew was fabulous.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I loved it. Definitely targeted at kids but enjoyable none the less. And interestingly, I thought the Slitheen were far better handled in this show than in Doctor Who.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Really good show. My favorite stories are still the ones that The Doctor appeared in, especially Smith's episodes, just to see Jo Grant again. The Seeker is right, the kids were very good. I like to think that, after her death, Luke went on to build a proto-TARDIS with K-9 and Mr. Smith's help, and is traveling the universe with his pals trying to right wrongs. Maybe he bumps into The Doctor from time to time.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I only have one episode of this, which is an extra on THE GREEN DEATH, The Death of the Doctor, with Joe Grant.

Nicely made, albeit with the usual not all that convincing acting from the younger cast.

It was nice to see Jo Grant mention Karfel in the episode, thus paying homage to Timelash! :emoji_alien:

Watching it, it underlined how RTD's writing seemed a more sympathetic fit to DOCTOR WHO, as opposed to the "look how clever my plotting is" approach of Moffat. Genuine love, nostalgia and affection for the characters came through in this episode about Jo and Sarah Jane meeting at last.:emoji_alien:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I only have one episode of this, which is an extra on THE GREEN DEATH, The Death of the Doctor, with Joe Grant.

Nicely made, albeit with the usual not all that convincing acting from the younger cast.

It was nice to see Jo Grant mention Karfel in the episode, thus paying homage to Timelash! :emoji_alien:

Watching it, it underlined how RTD's writing seemed a more sympathetic fit to DOCTOR WHO, as opposed to the "look how clever my plotting is" approach of Moffat. Genuine love, nostalgia and affection for the characters came through in this episode about Jo and Sarah Jane meeting at last.:emoji_alien:
And seeing a pre-Iron Fist Finn Jones as Jo Grant's grandson was cool.