Review THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES: "Enemy of the Bane" (2008)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
00.jpg Sja_enemybane.jpg p00pvh4f.jpg

Your thoughts on this story....

Mrs. Wormwood returns and forces Sarah Jane to meet her in an old warehouse, having abducted Rani's mother as bait. Mrs. Wormwood says that the Bane are after her blood for her failure on her last mission and needs Sarah Jane's help. The two women survive a Bane attack and go to Sarah Jane's house. Mrs. Wormwood explains that the Bane are anxious to locate a scroll divulging the whereabouts of an ancient immortal, Horath.If he is re-animated they could take over the galaxy and she aims to stop them. Sarah Jane contacts old ally the Brigadier and retrieves the scroll from the UNIT archive but back at her house the Sontaran Kaagh suddenly appears and he too wants the scroll.

On to the next story....

PRISONER OF THE JUDOON.....

(Coming soon)

Back to the previous story....

THE TEMPTATION OF SARAH JANE SMITH.....

(Coming soon)

Doctor Omega

Was it simply too much trouble to have brought Nicholas Courtney back into the proper series for one last appearance? :emoji_angry:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The problem with Nicholas Courtney was that he was very sick. He was supposed to come to Sarah Jane’s wedding but had had a stroke or something, I think.

Doctor Omega

I didn't know that. That's very sad.

I still can't help wishing that the fans in charge of the programme had not dropped the ball so often and moved more swiftly to weave in lovely little cameos or obvious returns over the years since 2005, particularly as so many of them are leaving us now.

I did read that Nick Courtney's biographer and friend said that Nick was disappointed not to be asked back to the main show; (at least) before he fell ill.

But yes, just moments at least for some old faces, that would pass unnoticed by younger viewers but would be lovely for older fans.

• Louise Jameson as a great, great grand-daughter of Leela on Gallifrey.
  • Colin Baker as an aged, unregenerated and bitter Maxil.
  • Peter Davison as Omega. (That bio-scan data)
  • Sil.
  • Benton. (John Levene desperately wants to make an appearance.)
  • A new Romana.

Or at least along those lines.... Probably chosen with more taste than I have managed. :emoji_alien:

They could do so much, and yes, there is a danger of overkill in that direction, but they seem, to me, to think it creatively beneath them to do such simple, obvious and sweet things.

They just bring River Song or the Paternoster gang back (yet again) instead.

Because we "demanded it". :emoji_disappointed:

Last edited: