Review The Season 6B Theory: Canon or Not?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I like the theory.

It explains the older Doctor in the reunion stories and also why Jamie is older in THE TWO DOCTORS.

What I don't like is the DEVIOUS fan movie. It just looks like a load of rubbish really from the montage that the showed on THE WAR GAMES dvd.

Pertwee's closing scenes are nice to have, but it all feels forced and does not make sense with an old Pertwee turning into a younger Pertwee.

But, as I say, I like the theory that the Time Lords postponed the regeneration and sent the Doctor off on other adventures.

Even the comic strip of Troughton's time, set after THE WAR GAMES confirms it, with the Time Lords sending scarecrows to carry out the end of his sentence....

Second155.jpg

So yes, I buy the season 6B theory.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This is an open and shut case.
In the Five Doctors the second Dr. realises that Jamie and Zoe are hallucinations because the Time Lords wiped their memories of him. Actually not true as they only wiped the memories of their second and subsequent adventures, but The Doctor knowing this is inexplicable unless the second incarnation survived The War Games.
The Two Doctors is altogether different, and I believe was meant to be during his pre- War Games stint, hence the opening seconds in black and white. The Time Lords contacted The Dr, gave him important mission and a remote control device, told him of the dangers, so he sent Victoria away to study graphology ( I think).
Why is Jamie older? Why does Davros change after Genesis?, that's just television.