News The Suicide Squad (2021)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Courtney Explains His “Suicide Squad” Return

courtney-explains-his-suicide-squad-return-696x464.jpg

Last week Australian actor Jai Courtney broke the news that he would returning as George ‘Digger’ Harkness, aka Captain Boomerang, in James Gunn’s upcoming “The Suicide Squad” film at Warner Bros. Pictures.

The news followed in the wake of comments by the film’s producer who indicated the project is more of a reboot than a direct sequel with a whole new team bar Deadshot (who has been recast). The only original cast member who seemed to be returning is Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, but even that wasn’t certain.

Then Courtney mentioned his return which has since prompted some speculation and confusion. Chatting with Collider this week, he cleared it up:

“I felt a bit weird the other day when I dropped that because it was funny I was just like ‘Yeah, I’m coming back,’ and I couldn’t even remember if I was supposed to say that or not. For a long time I wasn’t even sure if [my return] was going to be the case or not.”

So how did he learn he would be returning, he had a simple answer: “I got sent the script. It’s a great [script], I was surprised by everything [in it].” Courtney also had nothing but praise for Gunn, and joked about the issues the sequel has had getting into production:

“I don’t really think anyone knows what’s going on, I don’t think anything you read online is going to help clear anything up and nothing I’m going to tell you today is going to help clear that up. People who’ve read the movie and people on Gunn’s team know what’s going on. I think there’s still room for changes to be made yet, I don’t know. I don’t want to take any responsibilities for letting cats out of bags and I don’t know who’s sensitive about what’s being revealed.”

Gunn is expected to begin shooting “The Suicide Squad” towards the end of the year.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Peter Capaldi Joins “The Suicide Squad”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/peter-capaldi-joins-the-suicide-squad/

Oscar winner and former “Doctor Who” star Peter Capaldi has joined James Gunn’s “The Suicide Squad” at Warner Bros. Pictures, while SNL alum Pete Davidson is also in talks for a cameo.

Specifics of the roles are unknown. Capaldi would join a cast that includes returnees Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flag) and new castmembers Idris Elba, David Dastmalchian (Polka-Dot Man), Daniela Melchior (Ratcatcher), Steve Agee (King Shark), Flula Borg, Nathan Fillion and Taika Waititi.

Gunn wrote the script for the new film and Chuck Roven and Peter Safran are producing. Filming begins September 23rd in Atlanta with a release set for August 6th 2021.