Information The Sword in the Stone: LIVE ACTION DISNEY REMAKE ANNOUNCED

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Fresnadillo To Helm Disney’s “Sword in the Stone”

fresnadillo-to-helm-disneys-sword-in-the-stone-696x464.jpg

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (“28 Weeks Later,” TV’s “Salvation”) is in negotiations to direct the live-action reimagining of Disney’s 1963 animated fantasy “The Sword in the Stone”.

The final movie released by the studio before Walt Disney’s death, the film was loosely based on T.H. White’s novel and was a light hearted look at the legend of King Arthur and focused on the young Arthur being mentored by the magician Merlin.

Bryan Cogman (“Game of Thrones”) is penning the script while Brigham Taylor (“The Jungle Book”) is producing.

Disney is separately working on the live-action Ridley Scott-directed “The Merlin Saga” which chronicles the wizard’s rise.

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_relaxed:~ I heard of this movie going to be remade by a friend recently. The Disney cartoon version was to good & cute. Too bad that don't hardly give on television anymore. When I was a kid it was constantly played. My friend agreed with me on that point and said that's why our generation knows this tale so well, compared to todays generation.

*~ :emoji_footprints: ~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find strength in what
remains behind
."

By: William Wordsworth

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Yeah they would be better off rereleasing it than giving us yet another crappy real live movie. I watched part of Beauty and the Beast and the CGI characters looked scary. Cinderella was crap. And don’t get me started on Malificent!