Review The Tingler (1959)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
William Castle - Introduction to "The Tingler"

"I am William Castle, the director of the motion picture you are about to see. I feel obligated to warn you that some of the sensations—some of the physical reactions which the actors on the screen will feel—will also be experienced, for the first time in motion picture history, by certain members of this audience. I say 'certain members' because some people are more sensitive to these mysterious electronic impulses than others. These unfortunate, sensitive people will at times feel a strange, tingling sensation; other people will feel it less strongly. But don't be alarmed—you can protect yourself. At any time you are conscious of a tingling sensation, you may obtain immediate relief by screaming. Don't be embarrassed about opening your mouth and letting rip with all you've got, because the person in the seat right next to you will probably be screaming too. And remember—a scream at the right time may save your life."

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I absolutely love this movie. Of course, I have it in my collection. Castle made low budget but enjoyable films, but it might as well be Shakespeare the way Price delivers his performance.