johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I think Colin has slipped down in my Doctor ratings lately! First he condones the casting of a female doctor and moans at those of us that don't want it and then he condemns Tom's appearance in DOTD in 2013 where it is stated that he is a future doctor who has returned to a few of his old favourites. Meaning he liked his Fourth persona so much that he regenerated into another version of that incarnation! shame that we'll never see it. I'd rather see that than next years version to be honest!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
No matter Peter and Colin's differing viewpoints, I think it was rude and unprofessional of Colin to say publicly that Peter Davison was "talking rubbish".

This, surely, helped contribute to Peter being driven off Twitter - and Colin has not since condemned the fact that Peter was forced to do this.

I think that there is a little bit of a bully in Colin's nature.

Perhaps his rough ride as the Doctor on tv - and constant perception as being the worst of the classic Doctor's (Big Finish aside) has soured him as a person.

Last edited:

johnnybear

Colin is an abrasive person as such and Davison the probably more calmer but less friendly type! I remember when my wife and I were in one of these convention places about ten years ago and Colin was shaking some guys hand after taking his money no doubt and my wife commented on how these actors were t*ssers and Colin heard it and looked over at me with a wry smile and I just grimaced as though to say she can't help it!

JB

johnnybear

Ahh, so before The Doctor in his second set of lives became The Curator and revisited a few old favourites, he started working for New Zealand's Superannuation services?
JB

Doctor Omega

These things happen. You should see what happened to Kerr Avon after the shootout on Gauda Prime....

Why the Federation started sending political prisoners back in time to promote and sell 20th Century Earth food is beyond me. I have considered the possibility that the food was laced with Pylene 50, but have no actual evidence to prove this.

Yes, the Curator version of the Doctor seemed to have led a strange and abstract life, with a penchant for art galleries right from the off......

I would suggest that he was exiled to Earth again by the sodding White Guardian or something and left skint, so in order to pay for repairs to the Tardis endured the humility of doing these various ads.

Last edited:

johnnybear

Who knows, maybe Wimpy were behind The Galactic Federation anyway? And if not maybe Avon escaped from Gauda Prime with a weird transporting device and found himself back in time promoting the fast foods of a defunct burgher company a thousand years before he was born! :emoji_hushed:
JB

Doctor Omega

The fools! You can bet Avon embezzled Wimpy out of millions when no one was looking. That's why they became defunct! :emoji_grin:

Doctor Omega

Sadly not! Tragically they would have bleeped him out anyway, like they did on the Leisure Hive special features when he goes to "throw this fucking dreary prop!" :emoji_alien:

I'm not actually sure which story it is from. THE ARMAGEDDON FACTOR? PIRATE PLANET?

Doctor Omega

I do feel sorry for Matthew Waterhouse who spent his first day being completely ignored by his hero, Tom, then made the mistake of approaching him in the pub after, only to hear "Oh, why don't you just piss off!"

41F-CNDRxbL._SY346_.jpg

johnnybear

They seemed to hit it off on the show alright but is that because Tom was such a good actor? I've heard that story years ago and could imagine Tom in his drunken stupor having this irritating boy following him around and getting tired of it! It wasn't nice of him to do that to Waterhouse I agree but we've all been in that place at one time or another...
JB