Fun What Makes You Happy?

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
rjeoafj.jpg

We're fragile creatures we humans....

We don't always admit that things get hard or painful or just plain out of our control. And because all of that is true, sometimes we overlook those little moments or things that make us smile. Things that, just for a little bit there, help to ease the pain and confusion that being human often brings with it.

So I'd like to start a thread for us to share the times when we get those "little gifts of happiness" that make the rest of it easier to bear. Stuff that made you laugh on a day when you wanted to cry. Things that turned around the momentary need for a good cry or the event that felt too big to manage on your own, even when you know you have to do it anyway.

I want us to share the things that get us through those moments so we can all have a place to come and feel better, even if just for as long as it takes to read what's posted here. So let's share "something good" OK?

Last edited by a moderator:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Today, someone I like and respect asked me for help. They trusted my opinion and made me feel valuable on a day when I thought I had no value at all. That small act of trust, making me feel "valuable", got me through an afternoon when it seemed like I couldn't get anything right.....

Until someone I trust, trusted me. That may be a small thing for other people but for me.... it was the greatest gift in the world.

I felt valuable to somebody that I respect.... and suddenly, like a little miracle, I really was valuable again.

So that was my "bouquet of flowers", my "letter of hope from a friend I thought long gone", my...."I can do this" in the middle of a day I couldn't seem to get anything right.

Today, somebody made me smile again..........
and then I remembered how to be happy....... and I was.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
@Janine The Barefoot

But guess what? I had a really distressing "moment".
Remember this, Janine?

"he has gone out of his way to cover my back, treat me personally with kindness, respect and humor"

Didn't I do that? But hey, I'm not a Moderator, just a woman reaching out to another who cried out for sympathy dealing with life as a carer to her dying mother? Janine, I'm so very sorry for your situation - I've lived something close to it, enough to have wept for your distress.

My mother died - and after a time of feeling I couldn't begin to deal with real life again, I found this place and started a half-life, where I thought your cries for help were worth the effort of connecting. To support you as you deserve, as anyone deserves.
Just a half-life to begin again, but it turns out to be too toxic too soon to be worth the effort for now.

More fool me. I gave you my care, my concern and my compassion. It was all I had - and I gave it freely.

So, thanks for the rejection 'cos you had a "better" offer. Enjoy the dancing bunnies.

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
it might be best if I just stay out of the store
Or even the Forum, if you don't have the decency to acknowledge the post ahead of yours. This pain is because of you and your spiteful behaviour, little man. Show some conscience and acknowledge your lack of good manners once and for all.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Or even the Forum, if you don't have the decency to acknowledge the post ahead of yours.
I did acknowledge the post ahead of me.

I did so by answering it with my own post.

I'm sorry, but you are quite mistaken if you believe that it is necessary to acknowledge every single post ahead of you in a thread.
This pain is because of you and your spiteful behaviour, little man.
Speaking of spiteful behaviour, you have indulged yourself by dispensing more negative votes than any other member of this forum.
Show some conscience and acknowledge your lack of good manners once and for all.
Are you familiar with the definition of the word "hypocrisy"?

All the best to you.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
More fool me. I gave you my care, my concern and my compassion. It was all I had - and I gave it freely.
Carol,

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. I'm sorry that you feel angry and abandoned.

As far as I was concerned, "we" could have and would have been just fine.... as long as I didn't have to take any further part in listening to or supporting any attacks on AM. Because I was done with being angry and done with expressing it and done with participating in anything that even felt like it was going to end up working out that way.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you. It was meant to say that I didn't want to make attacks on anybody. That I had learned, through another experience on another thread, that wasn't a place I wanted to go, a road I didn't want to walk and/or a cause I wanted to support. Because going to war with someone, anyone, attacking them and making them feel bad, belittled and small is not a character trait I want to lay claim to. I attacked someone for something they said that offended me and ended up just feeling bad about the whole experience in general. So I don't want to continue it. I attacked one person, had very real change of heart about another and learned a bunch of things about myself from several other members in the process. One of which was that.... I don't want to go to war! I don't want to be here now having this conversation. I don't want to believe that because I won't support your feelings about AM, or help with any continued attacks on him, that we have nothing else to base a relationship on. But if that's the case then so be it because I won't go to war with you either. And because I don't want to participate in anything that looks like it's going to end up that way... once again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you're so angry and that I played a part in it.

But that's all I'm going to say on the matter Carol. I'm done now.

I hope you'll accept my apology and we can move on but if you believe that I'm going to respond to anything else on this subject you are mistaken... and I suppose I'm sorry for that as well. But I'm done going to war on a website. I come for fun and for relief and to have conversations with people I enjoy about "Life the Universe and Everything" (thank you again DA). So I'm sorry you feel angry and let down and I'm sorry that all of it's on me. But I'm done now Carol and it's time for both of us to move on.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
This pain is because of you and your spiteful behaviour, little man.
No Carol, this is between you and I. Shall we keep it that way please? Shall we talk calmly and respectfully? Or, if we cannot do that, then let's abandon this for good and do as I said and "move on".... please?

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Today.... I laughed with my Mom and my friends. I blew my diet completely...... and I plunged a toilet because some would say:
"I'm full of it"...... and sometimes, they would be right!

Tomorrow, I'm going into a "land war" with my chinchillas. You heard me! Where Chins are concerned it's like playing that old game of "World Domination" called "Risk" and all I've got left is Kamchatka! They are in fact, that sneaky, that able to get through gates, entire walls of pressed board and can jump almost 5' into the air. They are small, fast, resourceful and deadly and although they may not be able to out-think a human, they have endless resources/supplies of determination and if they can't go through or around they will go under! So tomorrow I'm breaking out the plexi and "Janine's box of tools" and I am taking back the Great Room! I will leave them no unders, no overs, no behinds, and no throughs..... and somehow..... they're still going to kick my butt!

I'm taking my next life off! I need a long vacation..... of course with my luck, I'd probably come back.... in Kamchatka!!!

Love you guys!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: Have a "working woman's lunch" on me! : :emoji_beers: :emoji_hamburger: :emoji_cheese: :emoji_fries: :emoji_fried_shrimp: and yes, dessert! :emoji_cake:

To bulk me up for "The War With The Chins" :emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk::emoji_chipmunk: Cute little buggers that they are! :emoji_yum:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
The events of my day are not by any means grand. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful day. A friend came over to spend the day with me and help with errands & chores around the house that take more than one person and good conversations.

The day was a comfortable temp. with a light breeze & sunny, bringing hope that cold is over with.
On one of the errands, we needed to make a left hand turn at an intersection that usually has non stop traffic. Well, we both looked to the right and looked to the left and it was as if God himself had made all the traffic completely disappear. At the same time, we both looked at the sky & said "Thankyou".
Sounds corny, but it was "a moment" for us.

We then went to Arby's & bought items off their 2-5 PM $1.00 menu. We had a feast for very little $.

At home, my friend made their famous Long Island Ice Tea cocktails. We listened to 80's tunes, drank, ate and had a great time reminiscing.

By my was of thinking it was one of those rare perfect days◆◆◆:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
@duzit - It can often be the little things that make life seem worthwhile. :emoji_relaxed:

I've had days like that. Catching up with a mate, going for a drive, stopping off for a cuppa with a mutual friend. Just shooting the breeze and having a laugh.

Those are the days worth remembering.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
my receipt read 6.66 so it was a good day.
Cause it was only on the paper and not all around you right? You could "burn it in effigy" and it would probably keep you "safe" for years... maybe a whole lifetime right?!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And for 666 protection... HPD, your very own DBs :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

(I cannot even begin to go into the things they can "kick the crap out of"!!! :emoji_rage: :emoji_no_good: :emoji_yum: )

Now a five cent piece is our smallest currency - not that you can actually buy anything with it...

Which is why we keep the penny! It's utterly useless and adds an enormous amount of extra weight carrying them around in a coin purse! I'm pretty sure the thinking is something along the lines of: " a hunchbacked nation cannot rise up against it's 'keepers' " But the flip side is that a hunchbacked nation also can't take menial minimum wage jobs and make millions for CEOs either.... So maybe there are no real answers!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And for utterly useless info: An activity designed to make you barf on your lawn :emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
@duzit

This.... This day you had..... Is the whole reason I posted this thread! Seriously! Because that's my idea of the perfect day too! Because the perfect day isn't in a trip to the Caribbean, New Orleans or Santa Fe. That's vacation! You expect that from vacation.....

A perfect day, a perfect moment is when things/events that seem small and indiscriminate collide with each other to create a moment, an hour or a day that just makes you feel happy and content. It isn't size, it's content. And I'll tell you..... today I could use a friend to come help me with a bunch of jobs that have to be done, that I've been putting off because they're so "big" for me to be responsible for all alone while taking care of Mom at the same time and because having someone to share it with would make it easier and more fun and because every "to do" list should be checked off at the end with a girlfriend having drinks and pizza, or drinks and Chinese, or drinks and a great burger.... or whatever.

And it's a little-known fact that the "green light, carless intersection" is, in fact... actual magic! Muggles like us can't see it but it's magic none-the-less!

So as far as I'm concerned, your whole day is an unqualified winner and the reason for my thread. When I come back to read all this (and I will, whenever I have a day that requires it), it'll be your entry that reminds me the perfect day is still out there and obtainable. I don't need brilliance, or super powers or to win the lottery.... just once in a while, I'd like a day like yours. A day when I get some stuff done on my "to do" list, am not doing it alone and end up having some food and drinks with the friend who helped me make it all happen.

So thanks Duz. Once again, (just like with a good "spanking" when I need it) you've provided exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.... and you didn't even have to be all "Furious"... "Duz".... to get it done. I love you GF.

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And for you, to prove it's not only about the DBs, and because the entry needs commemorating......

Reminders that Spring is coming: :emoji_cherry_blossom: :emoji_beetle: :emoji_bee::emoji_deciduous_tree: :emoji_rosette: :emoji_bird::emoji_baby_chick: :emoji_butterfly::emoji_blossom::emoji_cherry_blossom::emoji_bug:..... A medal for checking some things off your "to do" list: :emoji_medal: :emoji_trophy:..... And a meal to share with a friend: :emoji_bento: :emoji_grapes::emoji_green_apple: :emoji_cocktail::emoji_cocktail: ( Sushi, fruit and martinis to start) :emoji_chocolate_bar::emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass: (chocolate and champagne for dessert)