Review Thor Ragnarok (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
gagdg.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

Thor is imprisoned on the planet Sakaar, and must race against time to return to Asgard and stop Ragnarök, the destruction of his world, at the hands of the powerful and ruthless villain Hela.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Thor has been the least interesting of the Marvel Cinematic roster for me so far.

I think I have never got used to the idea that he is no longer the alter ego of poor, crippled Doctor Donald Blake, who would tap his walking stick and turn into Thor and his hammer in a bang, a flash and a puff of smoke.

I can only remember bits and pieces of the first two Thor films and perhaps, additionally, have never quite recovered from the character's daft guest appearance in The Return of the Incredible Hulk tv movie with Bill Bixby.

But even after all of the above, I will still go to see this of course. :emoji_alien:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've enjoyed the Thor movies so far but they have been among the weaker links in the MCU. The new one looks good though, so hopefully it will break the trend.

Gavin

VIP
The Thor movies have only managed to be average compare to much of the MCU. This one looks like it may well be the best of the three.

mplgmg

Member: Rank 1
One of the most awaited movies to see. This got massive youtube views on tailer and hope that Thor: Ragnarok become a great hit

Doctor Omega

Reshoots on Taika Waititi’s “Thor: Ragnarok” has officially wrapped after three weeks and the director and his star Chris Hemsworth have arrived in San Diego ahead of the film’s Comic Con presentation tonight.

Marvel Studios will debut a brand new trailer for the film tonight along with offering updates on “Black Panther,” “Ant-Man and the Wasp” and “Avengers: Infinity War”.

Before they get around to that though, Pyramid International has debuted several pieces new promotional poster art from the film, as seen above.

“Thor: Ragnarok” opens in November.

Doctor Omega

“Thor: Ragnarok” Is Longer Than You Think

thor-ragnarok-is-longer-than-you-think-696x464.jpg

A little while back, filmmaker Taika Waititi teased that his Marvel Studios entry “Thor: Ragnarok” would be not just the shortest film in that particular franchise, but potentially the shortest in the MCU overall with a runtime of around 80-90 minutes.

Now, with the film set for an imminent launch, it’s been confirmed that brevity isn’t exactly the word for ‘Ragnarok’. The British Board of Film Classification has revealed that the actual running time of ‘Ragnarok’ will clock in at 130 minutes.

That makes it easily the longest “Thor” film to date (the first was 115 minutes, the second 112 minutes). In the overall MCU saga though, it’s a fairly middle of the road runtime with numerous films both longer and shorter.

“Thor: Ragnarok” begins its international rollout the week after next, and then hits the United States on November 3rd.

Gavin

VIP
Just back from seeing this and I have to say it is excellent. I've not been a big fan of the Thor movies so far but this one was far and away the best, and one of the better MCU movies as well. It gets everything right - great action scenes, tension and sadness, and completely hilarious at the same time.