Review Thriller (1973)- DEFUNCT THREAD ( link to new thread herein.)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This thread is defunct tbh.
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS AMAZING SERIES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING BELOW, AND JOURNEYING FROM THERE.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Amazing Helen Mirren here with Michael Jayston, about ten years before The Valeyard , his Dr Who character.

I remember this episode....

I have the box set. Will really have to watch the whole run at some point. Some of the episodes I have never seen yet. But the ones I have watched are quality drama, much like today's.....

Oh, hang on. Am still looking for quality drama of today that matches this vintage stuff! :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

I don't, in fact, remember the details. I recently watched the Diana Dors possession episode and felt that the makers of the Omen had as good as ripped it off! :emoji_alien:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Thriller was spooky Saturday night entertainment back in the seventies! I bought the box set years ago for my wife which cost me £75 as I recall and I know it's probably much cheaper now!
JB

Doctor Omega

I had never seen this Diana Dors episode until you mentioned it some time ago Michael, which prompted me to watch it - and yes, the parallels are almost appalling; suspiciously so!

Troughton popping up is the icing on the cake! :emoji_grin:

johnnybear

That is one episode that I remember from childhood! The lunatics working for the Doctor and you have to guess who the final nutter, Armitage, was at the end! hilarious the way that McGee pronounces Boz when he calls for Don Henderson's character! The reporter, Petra Markham I think it was realises that he, Boz, is really Bozstein, a notorious killer who disappeared years ago and Max Wall also appears as another nutter who has a thing about killing women! Fantastic episode and strangely very amusing somehow!
JB

johnnybear

Did you ever really believe that Eric Flynn was the son of Errol? At any time? Like we were told...?
JB

johnnybear

Eric Flynn is actually the Father of Jerome and Daniel, the two actors known for Robson and Jerome and The Bill! I remember reading a magazine article years back where the writer went into Jerome's family history with Eric being identified as his Dad and some heavy set looking dude being his Grandfather! Now this man looked nothing like Eric at all and didn't even look to be actually real and I've wondered ever since if this was done to conceal the fact that Eric might just, could be, the son of Errol? :emoji_laughing:
JB

Doctor Omega

The effort you are putting into these threads is second to none, Michael. I am planning to watch the whole of my "complete THRILLER series" box set soon. I used to have a ten episode box set which I did watch the entirety of, then gave away when I upgraded. The entire run of the show has always seemed such a quite daunting prospect, but I feel about ready now. :emoji_ghost:

Before I rediscovered the show on dvd, the only episode I remembered was the Michael Jayston as a murderer one. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

Looking around, it (so far) all seems to be a staggering coincidence.

David Seltzer wrote the screenplay of OMEN, which he later novelised. (I always had thought it started as a novel, which got filmed, but no).

The level of parallel development is unusual though, for sure. :emoji_confused:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just found this on IMDB trivia of Omen......

Religious advisor Robert Munger was the first to suggest making a film about the Antichrist. He pitched the idea to producer Harvey Bernhard who immediately went home and wrote a 10 page treatment.
Loads and loads of trivia on there, but no mention of Clemens' Thriller episode. The fools!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Looking around, it (so far) all seems to be a staggering coincidence.

David Seltzer wrote the screenplay of OMEN, which he later novelised. (I always had thought it started as a novel, which got filmed, but no).

The level of parallel development is unusual though, for sure. :emoji_confused:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just found this on IMDB trivia of Omen......

Loads and loads of trivia on there, but no mention of Clemens' Thriller episode. The fools!
I'm watching it now...

Am enjoying it.