The Feathered Serpent-( with Patrick Troughton) -whole series thread

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Here for convenience are my 12 episode threads, repackaged into a single thread.

EPISODE 1

In ancient Mexico Emperor Kukulkan rules a province neighbouring the Toltec empire. The people under the urging of priest Nasca have turned against god Qala, the feathered serpent, and worship Teshcata.
Nasca praying to the statue of Teshcata believes he hears Teshcata telling him that the new temple and palace built in his honour is not enough, he demands blood.
Kukulkan in his private chamber tells his daughter Chimalma that he wishes her to marry the Toltec Prince Heumac, this will cement the two tribes together and after his death Heumac and Chimalma will rule together and hopefully reinstate Qala.
Nasca had personally instructed the architect of the new palace Maxtala to include a labyrinth of secret passages.
Nasca is spying through a hole in the stonework of Kukulkan's chamber and hears what he regards as treachery against Teshcata.
Nasca " I have been blind Teshcata, I thought the poison would come from without, but it is already in the hearts of your children. The blood you demand must be royal, so be it"
Prince Heumac and his army are camped outside the city having been invited by Kukulkan for a feast.
Nasca tells Kukulkan's champion Mahoutec that he won't marry Chimalma as is his due as champion. Mahoutec disbelieves this but Nasca tells him he'll prove it to him. He tells him to delay his entrance at the feast.
Heumac's boy servant Tozo is sent to give Kukulkan a message of greeting from Heumac.
Maxtala the architect shows Nasca a chart he has drawn up on Nasca's insistence showing the secret passages. Once Maxtala has convinced Nasca he has spoken to no one about the chart, Nasca's right hand man, a huge mute named Shadak, sticks a dagger into his back. Mahoutec enters the temple, Nasca is distracted and Maxtala escapes into the secret passage behind the statue of Teshcata, taking the chart with him. After speaking to Mahoutec Nasca realises Maxtala is gone, obviously wounded not dead, and enraged that the chart is gone too.
Heumac and his entourage enter the city, his servant Tozo allowed to tour the city and amuse himself while Heumac dines.
Tozo befriends a street beggar, but it's a trap, the beggar's accomplice hits him from behind and knocks him out and robs him.
A blind man stumbles over his body and says;
" it starts, the dream of terror that will end in Heumac's death begins"
Tony Steedman is Kukulkhan, Patrick Troughton is Nasca.
2304004_orig.pngfeathered-04-01.jpg
download.jpeg
feathered0105.jpg

The_Feathered_Serpent_(TV_series).jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

EPISODE 2

In the street outside in the city Tozo regains consciousness and the blind man introduces himself as Otolmi, the priest of Qala, now exiled after having his eyes burnt out. Otolmi has a recurring dream that ends with the city plunged into unexpected darkness as Heumac is sacrificed on an altar. Tozo leads Otolmi to the wall of the new palace, as Otolmi 's dream tells him someone bringing something important will arrive.
Meantime Kukulkan is enraged that Mahoutec his champion is not in attendance at the feast.
Nasca of course told Mahoutec to stay away but says;
" Mahoutec told me he had other business and will come when he's ready"
Kukulkan offers Heumac a seat next to him on the Jaguar throne.
Kukulkan. " Nasca tell Mahoutec that I have offered Heumac his seat, that should get him here! But make it clear it is not a personal slight against him , but a courtesy to Heumac"
Nasca tells Mahoutec the exact opposite, and claims Kukulkan now favours Heumac, proof of what he told him earlier about Kukulkan 's plan to marry Chimalma off to Heumac.
Mahoutec storms into the throne room, Heumac offers him his rightful seat, but Mahoutec insults him and walks out.
Kukulkan " Nasca I told you to tell Mahoutec no insult was intended"
N " he refused to listen excellency "
K " not often your tongue let's you down Nasca"
Otolmi meanwhile is right, a hidden entrance in the side of the temple opens, the injured Maxtala falls out, breathing his last breath, clutching the chart of the hidden passages.
Otolmi tells Tozo to take it to Heumac , who will know how to use it to his advantage.
Shadak, Nasca's thug follows out of the secret entrance, Tozo and Otolmi hide, as Shadak lifts Maxtala 's body and takes it away for burial.
Nasca is furious the chart is not found with Maxtala's body, he wants it found quickly. His plans depend on his ability to move secretly around the palace.
Nasca at prayer to Teshcata believes he hears Teshcata telling him to kill Kukulkan. Mahoutec seeks out Nasca and says he believes what he tells him about Kukulkan's favouritism for Heumac.
Kukulkan addresses the people from the balcony of the palace and announces the marriage of Heumac and Chimalma.
Nasca had chosen three volunteers for sacrifice to Teshcata, but Kukulkan breaks with tradition and refuses to allow sacrifices as that will be distasteful to Heumac who worships Qala the god of peace.
Nasca as the priest of Teshcata orders Kukulkan to consult with his ancestors in the temple for approval of his blasphemous actions. Kukulkan agrees he must spend the night alone with the embalmed bodies of his predecessors in the temple.
Diane Keen is Chimalma, Brian Deacon is Heumac
feathered0204.jpg
feathered0102.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

EPISODE 3

Kukulkan enters the temple of Teshcata and faces a night alone with three corpses. These are the embalmed ancestors he must gain approval for his plans from.
He kneels before Shadakia and asks whether his plan to return his people to Qala is acceptable. But Shadak, Nasca's man, is in disguise as Shadakia, in the robes and gold faceplate. To Kukulkan's horror the figure moves towards him and plunges an axe into him.
Nasca tells Mahoutec that he has lost face since Heumac's arrival, and the law dictates if two men wish to marry the same woman they should duel to the death.
Tozo meanwhile has entered the temple via the hidden passages, and finds Kukulkan dead. He prays to Qala that he won't be found here by morning or he'll be blamed for the Emperors death. The hidden entrance has closed behind him.
Mahoutec challenges Heumac to a duel in the dead of night in the courtyard of the palace.
Heumac wins the sword fight but will not kill Mahoutec, who slinks away in disgrace.
Nasca in seeing Mahoutec dejected urges him to order the army to surround the Toltec camp and attack without warning.
M " I am nothing now priest, go away"
N." I order you to attack"
M " when I was alive you were my priest, when I die you can pray for my soul, but now I am a nothing without honour, beaten by Heumac"
Chimalma prays for her father's safety, but she prays to Qala, Nasca sees this through a spyhole as he is in his precious secret passage.
N " very well Chimalma, you have decided who your god is, lets see what comfort he is to you at dawn"
serpent5.jpg
In the temple, Nasca and Shadak look down at the dead body of Kukulkan,
N " well done Shadak, Kukulkan I could have made you emperor of the world, but you chose wrongly, Shadak we must urge Mahoutec to attack the Toltec camp, if he refuses he will die with the others."
Tozo hearing this from his hiding place knows he must warn Heumac somehow.
In the morning Kukulkan is found dead by Chimalma.
Nasca points to blood on the axe held by one of the embalmed corpses, planted there by Shadak.
N " Kukulkan asked for judgment,Teshcata has given it , the ghost of Shadakia struck Kukulkan down"
Chimalma is proclaimed Empress.

Richard Willis is Tozo, George Cormack is Otolmi
serpent-01-02.jpgserpent-02-01.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

EPISODE 4

Heumac enters the temple and postulates that an assassin may be responsible for Kukulkan's death. Nasca dismisses this saying Heumac has no standing now that Kukulkan is dead, and the marriage to Chimalma cannot take place, now that Teshcata through the spirit of Shadakia has given his verdict.
Chimalma says such talk can wait until the funeral of the emperor.
Nasca urges Mahoutec to be a warrior again and fight the evil Heumac has brought into the palace. Nasca tells Mahoutec that how could Heumac have beaten him so easily, unless Heumac is a sorcerer and used enchantments, not only against him but also against Chimalma. Nasca says Heumac must sense weakness in the palace and someone so power hungry as he will attack mercilessly, and therefore Mahoutec must attack first without warning the Toltec camp outside the city.
Mahoutec says if Nasca brings him proof of Heumac's sorcery he will attack.
Tozo in hiding is about to reveal himself when suddenly Shadak grabs him stifles his cry for help. A stone slab behind the statue opens as Shadak pulls down on lever, and he drags Tozo into the passageway. Tozo still carries the chart of the secret passages, but the stone slab closes trapping a portion of the chart in the stonework, ripping the chart in two, he then drops his remaining piece of it.
Heumac returns alone to the temple and sees the piece of chart sticking out of the wall, and he pulls it out and then sees Chimalma.
H " this proves there is a hidden passage in the temple and an assassin could indeed have gained access and killed Kukulkan"
Tozo is held prisoner in Nasca secret chamber behind the temple. Nasca is delighted Shadak made the capture and has found the chart that Tozo dropped, but has no time to interrogate the boy now. He scratches the boy with a needle dipped in poison, Tozo is paralyzed totally , lying on the floor of the chamber.
Nasca picks up a phial containing ointment,
N " this will cure the paralysis, I will administer it, then we'll talk"
As Nasca and Shadak leave the hidden passage back into the temple, Heumac is hiding, and before the slab slides closed again he slips in.
Nasca tells Mahoutec to put a guard out of sight outside Chimalma's chamber and to notify him if Heumac enters.
Nasca turns to Shadak,
N " if we kill Chimalma,Mahoutec will be emperor, but if we keep her alive but in a state of helplessness, near to death but not dead, we can make the decisions of state for her and stay in control"
Heumac finds Tozo, paralyzed and unable to talk. By blinking his eyes, once for yes twice for no, he communicates with Heumac, answering his questions.
" is there an antidote?"
" do you know which phial contains the antidote ?"
Heumac picks up each of the many phials Nasca has here in this torture chamber, Tozo blinks yes as Heumac selects the right one. Tozo recovers and tells Heumac of the attack on their camp Nasca is urging Mahoutec to make.
Heumac sees Chimalma at once. Shadak in the secret passage is looking through a spyhole into the chamber, carrying a blowpipe, he fires the poison dart. Chimalma collapses, Nasca and Mahoutec burst in,
N " there Mahoutec, proof of Heumac's sorcery, the Toltec must die"
H " I know the poison that afflicts Chimalma, kill me and she will never recover"
Robert Gary is Mahoutec, George Lane Cooper ( background) is Shadak
serpent-03-01.jpg
MV5BMjIxNTQ0MzM1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzc5NjEzMjE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

EPISODE 5

Chimalma paralyzed is carried away. Heumac protests his innocence and says Nasca poisoned her as he did Tozo.
Heumac tells Mahoutec of the secret passages that run through the palace, devised by Nasca so he can go unobserved anywhere he pleases. Mahoutec disbelieves this, but Heumac takes Mahoutec to the stone wall through which he entered the passageways earlier to rescue Tozo.
H " you pull on the lever, and the wall opens, I will show you. It is how Nasca entered the temple to kill Kukulkan"
N ' so now Toltec you accuse me of murdering Kukulkan "
Heumac presses the lever but nothing happens, because Shadak is in the passage, using his mighty strength to push against the slab to prevent it opening.
Mahoutec. " I have seen enough, take Heumac away"
555868c5f6d8e91dcc56fe04ccc4697a.jpg
Chimalma is laid out in the throne room, totally paralyzed, but cognitive,aware.
Mahoutec promises her that he will now attack the Toltec army camped outside the city, hopefully it will restore her to health. Heumac is imprisoned in a cell.
Mahoutec leads the attack, and claims victory, half the Toltec army is killed, the rest captured for sacrifice.
While left alone in the throne room, Chimalma lies helpless, Tozo creeps in and tells her he will find the ointment that can cure her,he leaves, back through the secret entrance here in the throne room.
Tozo creeps into Nasca 's secret chamber,and sees the phial containing the ointment cure, he pours it into another phial, and substitutes another mixture in the original phial.
He hides as Nasca and Shadak enter, Nasca holds a chart of the heavens.
N " the sacrifices tomorrow must be timed exactly I must study this chart Shadak. Bring the ointment, a pity about Chimalma but she must die"
In the throne room, Nasca taunts Chimalma,
N " forgive me empress, but Teshcata demands total loyalty and you ignored my advice"
He throws the phial on the fire,
N " with this action I condemn you to death Empress"
When Nasca leaves Tozo appears and administers the correct cure, rubbing it into Chimalma 's neck.
Mahoutec returns triumphant, and Nasca calls a meeting of the council with Mahoutec present.
N " Mahoutec our great warrior has led us to victory, the Toltec army is defeated, tomorrow and for three days, sacrifices will be made to Teshcata to destroy Qala, the false god forever and his followers"
" NO NASCA"
Chimalma enters, well again.
Ch " this day has stained our people forever, we are dishonoured , Mahoutec you are stripped of rank, and banished. Nasca , you and Shadak will be bound over to Heumac, he will punish you as he sees fit. Now guards,arrest those I have named"
The guards don't move.
Ch " do as I say"
N " I see Heumac's enchantment has worn off"
Ch " there was no enchantment, you poisoned me Nasca, see my neck my councillors where the poison entered"
N " empress I am glad you are well, but it is obvious what has happened. Heumac in trying to save his army, attacked your body with enchantments, when that failed he took away your sanity"
Ch " I am not mad"
N" Mahoutec leads your army to a great victory and yet you banish him, is this the work of a sane mind?"
Ch " Mahoutec you once told me of your doubts regarding Nasca, you were right"
M " my men fought hard for you, and yet you talk of dishonour"
Ch " I am NOT MAD"
N." we can prove this one way or another. You must spend a night in the chamber of screams"
Ch " no! Tozo run!"
Tozo runs out pursued by guards. Chimalma is grabbed.
N " take her away"
Nasca visits Heumac imprisoned.
N " tomorrow you will take part in a ceremony Heumac, you will play a role,that of Qala your god?
H " blasphemy"
N " Chimalma who you have enchanted into madness will spend the night in the chamber of screams"
H " what is that?"
N " the old pyramid of the sun, now empty after Qala was driven out is home to a colony of bats. A trick of sound magnifies their screeching a hundred fold. We place the mad in there. The bats screeching drives the madness out of them as it pierces the ears, or the victim kills themself"
Chimalma is locked in the chamber, the bats screeching after a few seconds only is deafening, suddenly she realises she isn't alone, a hand covers her mouth.
serpent-05-01.jpg

michaellevenson

EPISODE 6

Chimalma is dragged out of the chamber of screams and into another chamber. It is Tozo and Otolmi who have rescued her.
Ot " I was once living in the pyramid of the sun until my god Qala and myself were sent into exile, I know hidden entrances that Nasca can't possibly know"
Ch " forgive us Otolmi, we have deserted Qala for the false god Teshcata"
Ot " you must return empress to the chamber of screams"
Tz " we will give you wax to put in your ears to deaden the sound of the bats"
Ot " in the morning you must return to Nasca, venerate him, say you were wrong, he may decide you are fit to remain empress. We will need that power if we are to succeed"
T " Otolmi has a dream"
Ot " yes I have dreamt all the events that have happened, but I awake just as the sun leaves us and Heumac's life is in danger"
Ch " very well Otolmi, I'll do as you ask"
Tozo gives Chimalma two pieces of wax.
T " place them in your ears"
Chimalma does this,
T " can you hear me Empress?"
Ch " yes"
T " then the wax isn't in far enough"
Chimalma gingerly goes back into the chamber.
Ot " come Tozo we must get into the palace for the ceremony"
Meanwhile Mahoutec is in the temple of Teshcata studying a wall when Nasca comes in.
N " Mahoutec?"
M." We lost the boy Tozo, my men swear that this wall moved and Tozo disappeared inside it"
N." Heumac 's secret passages, a lie Mahoutec, there are no passages"
M." I will order my men to tear the wall down"
N." You doubt me?"
M." I will know the truth, that is all"
N " very well Mahoutec, I will take you into my confidence, there is a secret entrance. Maxtala built it at Heumac's request, he used it to gain entrance and kill Kukulkan, the Toltec's were planning on entering the city using it and kill us all!"
M " then why didn't it happen?"
N " you stopped them Mahoutec, by destroying their army"
M " open it"
Nasca opens the entrance they both go into the torch lit passage.
M " why did you deny it's existence Nasca when Kukulkan was found slain?"
N " I only found out from Maxtala after the Emperor 's death of the existence of this "
M " but Maxtala went missing BEFORE Kukulkan died and yet you say it was after that he told you"
N " Mahoutec these words are beginning to sound like accusations"
Nasca moves his ringed hand to Mahoutec's face, Mahoutec pushes him away.
M " you dare try to scratch me Nasca with your ring. Why? What poison have you on it, lets see what a scratch does to you priest"
They struggle,
N " Shadak come"
Shadak appears,
N " Mahoutec knows the truth"
Shadak plunges a dagger into Mahoutec, who dies instantly.
N " a pity he was so inflexible. We must concoct a story for his sudden disappearance"
Mahoutec, ultimately a tragic figure, led astray by Nasca and killed when learnt the truth.
serpent-06-01.jpg

michaellevenson

Nasca to Shadak,
N " today at a precise moment shown in charts I have studied the sun will go from the sky, for a reason I don't understand, but markings on the pyramid of the sun record how this has happened before. That is when I will kill Heumac asking for Teshcata's forgiveness, then the sun will return and the people will be thankful and bound forever to Teshcata"
In the holding area, Heumac is dressed in robes, a skull mask placed on his face, hands tied behind his back.
Nasca. " today we destroy Qala the feathered serpent , the false god forever. You Prince Heumac will play the part of Qala. You will be laid on the altar, your heart torn out in front of the people. I can give you a cloth to put over your mouth if you wish, it is impregnated with an aroma that will deaden the senses, so you will not struggle as we perform Teshcata's will"
H " I need no help to die "
N " sadly Chimalma won't be joining us, I fear the chamber of screams will claim her"
Later Shadak collects Chimalma from the chamber, and surprised to see her well and quite sane. He tells Nasca.
N " impossible! Unless she had help"
In the throne room Chimalma returns to face Nasca.
Ch " thank you Nasca you have saved me, the madness is gone, the enchantment Heumac laid on me is departed"
N " were you alone empress in the chamber of screams"
C " no, Teshcata my god was with me , he guided me through the ordeal"
Nasca is suspicious but has to accept the evidence in front of him.
N " I had a proclamation to read to the council, but you can deliver it Empress
Later the council are gathered,
Nasca " before the Empress Chimalma speaks I have to announce our great warrior Mahoutec left secretly this morning for Tula to make preparation for the attack on the Toltec city."
Heumac is brought into the throne room , hands bound..Nasca gives Chimalma a scroll to read from.
Ch (reading) " Heumac you came into our city with evil in your heart , on a mission to bring back the false god Qala..."
N " go on Empress, or is the madness returning to you"
Ch " I hereby sentence you to be sacrificed to Teshcata along with your followers"
Heumac " say what is in your heart Chimalma"
Ch " that is in my heart, take him away"

michaellevenson

On the summit of the pyramid, the people watch as the ceremony starts.
Heumac is surrounded by attendants all in masks, two of them carry a model pyramid, about two feet high, with a round mirror built into it. Chimalma is there, hardly bearing to watch as Heumac is standing waiting to die.
20210921_151418.jpg
But one of the attendants is Tozo, hidden by the mask. As the ceremony starts Tozo with a knife cuts through the ropes binding Heumac.
Nasca by looking into the mirror on top of the model pyramid can see what is happening to the sun without directly staring at it.
Nasca turns to Chimalma,
N " they say the sun is a free spirit Princess, but to Teshcata the sun that warms us and gives us light is as frail as a tiny bird .Bring the victim forward "
Heumac is pushed to the front and faces the people below.
N " my people we have been guilty of treachery, we have been unfaithful to the God Teshcata. He knows that Qala the false god still dwells in some of your hearts. There must be no room there for any god but Teshcata. For he is a jealous god, deny him any part of your love and he will deny you life itself. "
Nasca looks as the sun shines on the mirror and is starting to fade.
The eclipse starts , Nasca calls up to the heavens.
N "the sun my people, look at the sun , Teshcata takes away the sun, see his hand on its brilliance. "
The crowd starts screaming in fear.
N "Forgive us Teshcata bring back the sun, we will be faithful forever"
Nasca points to Heumac,
N " here stands the false god Qala, is there anyone among you my people who would still worship him?"
The crowd bay for blood.
N "Teshcata we will give you the heart of Qala and the blood of the Toltec army, if only you would bring back the sun (to Shadak) put him on the stone"
Heumac is placed on the altar, Shadak stands over him holding the sacrificial blade. Suddenly Tozo leaps forward, with knife, grabs Nasca by the neck.
T " Nasca will die if Heumac dies, ( to crowd), listen the sun will return, I heard Nasca say so, believe in Qala the god of peace."
20210921_152355.jpg
Nasca struggles, takes impregnated cloth from robe and pushes it in Tozo's face, Tozo collapses.
N " now Shadak"
Shadak goes to kill Heumac, who is now free, leaps up and pushes at Shadak, the sacrificial knife falls, Heumac grabs it and kills Shadak.
Nasca. " Teshcata will still have his victim", he attacks Heumac with knife, suddenly the sun returns, reflected off the mirror and into Nasca's eyes blinding him temporarily, but long enough to allow Heumac to thrust his knife into Nasca.
Nasca and Shadak both lie dead across altar.
Chimalma. " my people, the sun has returned, Qala god of peace has forgiven his children, the false god Teshcata and his priest are dead. Let the temple of Teshcata be walled up forever, let us again pray to Qala the feathered serpent and Teshcata never be mentioned again in the kingdom"
The people cheer.
Otolmi " it is done, the dream is over"
END OF SERIES 1

Last edited:

michaellevenson

SERIES 2

EPISODE 1

Chimalma addresses the council and expresses her desire to marry Heumac as was her father's wish.
The leader of the council , Mataque says that if Heumac can forgive the injustices done to his people by Nasca, and still wish to be our leader, then he is a greater man than the people deserve to lead them, and the council agree to the marriage.
Lord Xipec of the gold coast introduces himself to Chimalma, and says he was sent by Nasca to pick up slaves, Toltecs, but on arrival has discovered Teshcata has been overthrown and Qala is now worshipped again, and worse, Heumac who was to be a slave in the mines is now to be emperor.
Chimalma" you do not know of the evil Nasca perpetrated Xipec"
Xp " that does not invalidate a religion Empress , Teshcata showed us how to be strong. Will we now just become a province of the Toltec empire?"
Heumac enters the throne room, Otolmi as well.
Ot " if Heumac is to be our emperor, he must prove his worth, he must survive the stone cage"
H " I will undertake any test your traditions demand of me"
Ot " first, the body of Nasca is in the street, left for the carrion to feast, it must be disposed of properly"
Ch " I gave orders the body must be burnt, why has this not been done?"
Ot " soldiers are afraid to carry out such a task. They believe Nasca had special powers"
Xipec. " I will deal with it empress"
Xipec has two soldiers carry Nasca's body off the street into a private courtyard of the palace, Shadak's body also.
Xp " take Shadak first , burn it"
One soldier carries Shadak away. Xipec turns to the other soldier, and stabs him to death.
Xipec drags Nasca's body out of sight, and swaps the dead soldier's corpse for Nasca 's .
The first soldier returns,
Xp " take Nasca away, burn it, but don't look in his eyes, it is said Nasca could turn a man to stone just with a gaze"
The soldier picks up the body wrapped in cloth, believing it to be Nasca.
Xipec carries Nasca to a filthy hovel in the city. Foul smelling rank flesh touches Xipec's senses,
Xp " who can live in such foulness "
In the hovel is an old hag, Keelag, she is clutching a dead child, putrefying flesh hanging from a skeleton. She clutches it in a grotesque parody of motherhood. Her child ,dead, has driven her almost insane.
Keelag. " what do you want?"
Xp."there is a whisper far away in the gold coast that you can perform any deed however foul for a price"
K " what do you want me to do?"
Xp " a man is outside, dead, I want his body repaired and anointed for burial"
Nasca is carried in , Keelag recognises him.
K " he has used my services many times. Come back at midnight, he will be ready for you"
Heumac is with Otolmi, suddenly a young man enters the temple of Teshcata.
Leemu " Otolmi it is I, Leemu, forgive me "
H " who is this?"
Ot " my servant in the temple of Qala"
L " when we were banished by Nasca, I fled, I hid my robes and mask of office, too frightened to stand up for Qala,forgive me Otolmi,I wish to serve you again"
Ot " you can Leemu, we will rebuild the temple of Qala here in Teshcata 's temple, that way the people will know Teshcata can never return"
In Keelag's hovel ,Xipec returns at midnight.
K " did you love Nasca?"
Xp " he tried to show us how we could be strong through conquest, for that he deserves a decent burial and respect"
K." Look behind you"
Nasca is standing at the doorway alive!
Nasca. " Lord Xipec, I live!"
Brian Deacon is Heumac, Diane Keen is Chimalma
9619251_orig.png
Granville Saxton is Xipec.
Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.14.40.png

michaellevenson

EPISODE 2

Otolmi tells Heumac the stone cage is a labyrinth under the pyramid of the sun built by the ancients, a series of challenges to test the courage and intelligence of any outsider wanting to become leader.
Ot " if you survive it Heumac you will be our leader"
Heumac enters the labyrinth with Tozo who insisted on going.
Meanwhile,
Xipec" Nasca you were dead!"
Nasca " Teshcata has more work for me. He punished me for my failure, I found myself in perpetual torment, Teshcata tore my soul out with his jaguar claws, I am less than a man now , but also so much more"
Keelag has a more rational view.
K." I detected a spark in his heart, my potions and herbs did the rest"
N." Xipec have the people turned against Teshcata?"
Xp " yes, Heumac and Chimalma hold sway"
N." I hope Heumac survives his ordeal, so I can kill him. I will flay the skin off him alive, and wear it myself as a second skin"
K " you care little enough for your own skin"
Keelag slaps a paste like mixture on Nasca's wound in his side, Nasca howls in pain.
Xp " do not paw him like an animal hag!"
Sheila Burrell is Keelag. Patrick Troughton is Nasca
serpent3.jpg
N " Xipec, when you can heal me as she has done, then you may complain, till then let her heal me in her way, Keelag can you make a man go mad?"
K " of course"
N " then I want you to prepare a potion, to turn an entire city mad"
Heumac and Tozo face a series of challenges (like Raiders of the lost ark!)
They come to a chamber, the only exit is a narrow passage.
Heumac" wait Tozo, look bone fragments on the floor. Otolmi told me this labyrinth is supposed to represent the journey a soul would take through the underworld. You know the tales Tozo"
T " crashing rocks?"
H " exactly, this test may represent the rocks, the bone fragments, previous victims who took this test"
Heumac looks at hieroglyphs on the floor.
H." It says speed is essential. I'll go first Tozo, if I fail you will have to carry on the test alone"
T " if you fail I fear I won't be far behind you in the next life"
Heumac runs quickly down the narrow passage, the two walls move, slam together crushing anyone unfortunate enough to be trapped.
T " Lord, are you alright?"
Heumac speaks from the darkness at the end of the passage.
H " yes Tozo, I felt a stone move beneath my feet, that must have operated the trap. Be careful. Try and jump"
T " I'll try Lord"
Tozo is carrying the torch, he throws it to Heumac down the passage, about six feet away, and then takes a running jump. He lands okay, just out of danger. They are now in another chamber. Two skeletons greet them lying on the floor.
H " the chamber of the dead"
Suddenly the skeletons begin to move, rise up.
T " my Lord they're alive"

H " Tozo I wish your eyesight was as keen as your imagination. Look,reeds hold them up, attached to the ceiling "
T " puppets!"
H " yes, as the heat from our torches dries the reeds, they contract, and lift up the skeletons"
T " they seemed so real"
H " the idea is we run scared back to the chamber we were previously in and into the previous perils"
Heumac with his knife cuts down the skeletons.
H " rest my friends"
A door opens and into another chamber they go.
A casket is in the centre of the chamber.
T " what is it?"
H " I don't know Tozo, stand back"
Heumac slowly, carefully opens the lid, inside an orchid, black , beautiful.
Heumac suddenly dives to the ground, huge axes swing from the ceiling.
H " that was close Tozo"
They both look at the orchid.
unnamed.jpg
T "it's magnificent Lord, but what are we supposed to do with it?"
Mataque and Leemu, the councillor and Otolmi's aide meet. Leemu is now restored in his purple robes of office and gold flower motif face mask.
M." How long can Prince Heumac and Tozo survive in the cage?"
L." If they are not out by noon tomorrow when their torches burn out, they are unlikely to return"
M " I will wait for them at the exit and report back when they emerge to safety."
Meanwhile Tozo is anxious, they have been trapped in this chamber for some time, the torches are almost out.
T " there is no way out Lord. The ancient ones never wanted an outsider to be their emperor, we are just going to be left to die. You may as well return the orchid"
H " that's it Tozo, the test is not taking the orchid, but returning it"
Heumac replaces the orchid in the casket. A trapdoor opens, the two climb down just as the torches go out.
Tozo cries out and falls.
images (4).jpeg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

EPISODE 3

In the stone cage, Tozo has fallen, Heumac grabs him as he dangles over a precipice, and hauls him to safety.
They are on a very narrow ledge overhanging a chasm. Slowly they inch along , then along a passage towards
daylight.
Tozo "daylight Lord"
H " we've survived Tozo, thank Qala"
Otolmi in the council chamber tells Chimalma that it is past noon and Heumac and Tozo are unlikely to return. Chimalma announces this to the council.
Xipec " we grieve with you empress, but I must say that had Heumac been crowned Emperor I would have found it difficult to kneel to him and pay allegiance"
Suddenly a fanfare is heard. Heumac and Tozo have emerged from their ordeal.
Everyone leaves except Xipec, Otolmi and Leemu.
L " Xipec is alone master"
Ot " Lord Xipec, do not worry about revealing your feelings, it is better they see the light, in darkness no healing of our divisions can take place."
Heumac returns, Xipec leaves as Chimalma greets him, the coronation of her succession can take place and then the marriage to Heumac.
Councillor Mataque informs her that Otolmi gave him the task of preparation for the coronation, but he is unable to find the twin crowns of Chichen- Itza. Without them no coronation is possible.
Mataque. " Nasca when he came to power hid them"
Heumac " Nasca probably hid them in the secret passages, Tozo I put you in charge of finding them"
Meanwhile Nasca is in Keelag's hovel.
N " I want you each night to poison one of the city's wells, the madness will spread throughout the city. Is the poison prepared"
K." It is"
Leemu, Otolmi's servant enters the throne room where Chimalma and Heumac are
L " there is trouble in the temple of Teshcata, people are unwilling to pull Teshcata 's statue down"
In the temple the blind Otolmi is urging people not to be afraid.
Ot " it is only a statue, it has no power"
Chimalma and Heumac enter along with Tozo and Xipec.
Heumac picks up a rope tied to the statue.
Xipec. " allow me Lord Heumac. You are our future emperor you must not soil your hands. I will help to pull the statue down"
Xipec " come men, I was a devout follower of Teshcata but the world changes, only a fool doesn't change with it. "
Soldiers help pull it down.
George Cormack is Otolmi, Michael Jenkison is Leemu,
Robert Russell ( bottom left) is Mataque
MV5BMjM4OTYxMzIwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY5NjEzMjE@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpgtfs3.jpg

michaellevenson

The statue has fallen, Tozo sees something on the floor, fallen off the statue. It is the dark mirror that Nasca gazed into as he prayed.
T " the dark mirror of Teshcata, I would have it as a prize of war, to lay at the feet of my mother in Tula to prove my valour. Oh, but the back of it is scratched. Mataque your goldsmiths are skilled are they not ?, can they make a frame for me for the mirror"
M " yes Tozo though it will be costly"
Back with Nasca and Keelag.
N " at my order you will enter the palace and poison the wells there too"
K " I cannot. You must do the wells in the palace"
N " how can I enter the palace I am Nasca priest of Teshcata, and dead!"
K " there is a way to appear to men to be another, to appear to change shape"
N " how?!!"
K " with this"
Keelag reveals a statuette, a silver one , of a serpent.

Xipec walks into Keelag's hovel.
Nasca is kneeling, head bowed, Xipec kneeling,
Xp " Nasca what is wrong?"
Nasca is surrounded by candles, lit, giving off a vapor.
Nasca removes a cloth, revealing the serpent statuette, he spins it on its dais it gives off a strange strobe effect, light dazzling off its jewelled body.
Xipec is entranced, his eyes glaze over.
Nasca " see what I say, say what I see. Who am I ?"
Xp " Nasca"
N " no I am Otolmi, see what I say, I am Otolmi"
Xp " you are Otolmi"
Keelag. " it works! He sees what you tell him"
N " why aren't you affected?"
K." I have stayed away from the lights and not breathed in the fumes from the vapour"
N " he is totally under my influence?"
K " he will do anything you tell him"
N "Xipec, take your dagger, place it next to your heart"
K " tell him to push the knife into his heart"
N " I need this man, I am satisfied,
how do I break the spell?"
K " cover the serpent"
Nasca puts the cloth over the statuette.
Xipec awakes,
Xp " er Nasca, I was tell you, something, yes, I had to help pull down the statue of Teshcata. To prove my loyalty to Chimalma, but I hope I can use my position to help you better"
N." what news of the coronation?"
Xp " it is delayed, the twin crowns of chichen itza can't be found. "
N." And Teshcata's dark mirror, where is it?"
Xp " Tozo has it"
N " we must get it back, the hiding place of the crowns is scratched on the back"

michaellevenson

Xipec approaches Mataque in the council chamber.
Xp " in interrogating a priest of Nasca I have found out he knows the location of the crowns. He is an old man, if I bring him to the temple he says he will tell Otolmi and Leemu"
Mataque. " very well, I will tell Otolmi"
In the temple.
Xp " this is the man"
A cowled figure shuffles in, hooded and robed
Leemu " who is he?"
Xp." Lift up his cowl you will recognize him"
Leemu does, it is Nasca! Before Leemu cries out, Xipec sticks a knife in him.
Otolmi " who is there Leemu what is happening?"
N" you know who I am blind man"
Ot " Nasca it can't be!, have you killed Leemu"
Xp " I did old man"
Nasca scratches Otolmi in the neck with his poison dipped ring
N " the drug will destroy your will ,you will be my creature now"
A little later Tozo comes out of a secret entrance, after searching for the missing crowns, and into the temple. Otolmi is sitting on the floor.
T " Otolmi are you okay?"
Leemu comes over, purple robed and wearing a gold face plate. He removes the mask to reveal Nasca,
N." You have something of mine Tozo, I want it back!"
tfs4.jpg

michaellevenson

EPISODE 4

Tozo tries to run from Nasca, but Xipec stops him.
N " where is Teshcata's mirror?"
T " it smashed into a thousand pieces when the statue fell"
Xp " don't lie boy, I saw you take it"
N " I have interrogated this boy before, he can be stubborn. You can take him back with you to the Gold region. When do you start?"
Xp " tomorrow, all your priests have been rounded up and will be sent to be used as slaves in the mines"
N " it is just as well, they will not be blamed when the madness starts. Hold the boy's head"
Xipec grabs Tozo, Nasca scratches him with his ring, Tozo is out cold.
N " it is time we test Keelag's device. Bring everyone here, tell them Otolmi wishes to speak with them"
Xipec goes to the council chamber to fetch everyone.
Nasca bends down to the stricken Otolmi, helpless, paralyzed, sitting on the floor of his temple.
N " listen carefully Otolmi, I will soon lay the foundation for your destruction"

Richard Willis is Tozo.
serpent-01-02.jpg
Chimalma, Heumac, Mataque, and others file in, Otolmi sitting on the floor, Nasca disguised as Leemu wearing mask stands at the altar.
Candles burn off Keelag's vapour, Nasca removes the cloth covering the serpent statuette. He turns it on its dais an eerie strobe effect plays over the congregation, as they breathe the fumes, all succumb.
Nasca " see what I say, I am Otolmi, I am Otolmi"
Chimalma. " you are Otolmi"
Heumac. " you are Otolmi"
Mataque " you are Otolmi"
Nasca " soon a great madness will afflict the city, it is Qala testing your faith, I am sure you will come through the test.
Qala is showing you his wrath, this proposed marriage to Prince Heumac cannot take place unless the crowns of Chichen itza are found. If they are not found it is Qala showing his disapproval. In the next few days I will not leave the temple, I stay to meditate. Leemu will send for you if I need you. Chimalma, Xipec marches to the gold region tomorrow, you will give him one hundred of your finest warriors to be at his disposal. Is that clear?"
Ch " yes Otolmi"
N " now go, all of you"
Nasca covers up the spinning serpent statuette, all come out of their trance, stand up and leave. Nasca as Leemu bows respectfully as they go.

michaellevenson

Keelag is in the city, still clutching the decaying child skeleton to her chest., she stops at a well, and pours from a jar a liquid into the water.
Keelag (talking to skeleton)" it's not my fault, they'll think you did it, I'm mad you see"
Nasca in cowl and black robes comes up to her.
N " Keelag, tomorrow you will poison two wells, the next night three, I want the madness to spread , gathering pace"
The next day Mataque has grave news for Chimalma,
M " a plague of madness has struck down several of our people in the east of the city. A woman murdered her child in a frenzy of madness. The child was as mad as she"
Ch " this could be the start of the test Otolmi spoke of"
M" I have brought the woman here excellency, so you can view her yourself"
Ch." Bring her in"
The woman is brought in, bound, two soldiers holding her back. She screams, foams at the mouth, bleeding from scratches to herself.
Ch " poor woman, it does seem Qala has little love for his people if he can put them through this"
Later in temple Chimalma enters. Nasca wearing mask disguised as Leemu, stands next to Otolmi motionless on floor, paralyzed but aware.
Nasca. " Empress?"
Ch " I wish to speak to Otolmi Leemu"
Nasca slightly alters his voice , a higher pitch, " he is in meditation Empress"
Ch " the plague of madness has started, it is evil, not even Teshcata could have dreamt up such a test as this. Let him meditate on that!"
Chimalma leaves, Nasca removes his mask, and smiles evilly.
Prince Heumac is with Mataque in the palace.
H " you have searched thoroughly Mataque?"
M " yes Lord, Tozo is nowhere to be found in the secret passages. Maybe his search for the crowns has taken him outside the city"
H " perhaps, I want an architect to draw up a complete plan of these passages and every secret entrance walled up forever"
M " yes Lord"
H " there is no need for such passages in a free society"
In Keelag 's hovel,
Nasca. " what I want from you now Keelag is something to deepen my influence over Otolmi. I want him to address the council, with words and thoughts alien to him"
K " I have an ointment, rub it into his chest and throat, the fumes will rise, he will say what you command"
N " then the reversal of Teshcata's banishment begins"
Xipec has reached the gold region., and his fortified encampment.
Tozo now recovered consciousness is staked out on the roof in the midday sun. Xipec standing over him drinking water, taunting him.

Xp " it get so hot here on the roof Tozo, you can bake bread. Want a drink? Tell us where Teshcata's dark mirror is"
Tozo, two days without water, lips parched and cracked says nothing.
Xp " very well Tozo, I will return when you are talkative, believe me we will get the truth from you Tozo"
Xipec pours water from his goblet onto the rooftop, tantalizingly out of Tozo's reach.
Nasca sees Keelag the next night,
N " have you the ointment you promised"
K " here it is"
N " good, word from my supporters tell me even Chimalma is doubting Qala as the madness spreads. The people will soon bind into a mob, they'll want someone to blame, I will give them Otolmi"
Nasca takes the jar of ointment,
N " one thing more Keelag, I need a flask of the poison, it is time the madness entered the palace.
The first victim shall be Heumac"

michaellevenson

EPISODE 5

Mataque reports to Chimalma,
M " we have 300 cases of the madness Empress."
Heumac" is Tozo among the dead?"
M " no Lord, I fear he may have been kidnapped by Xipec"
Chimalma. " why do you think that?"
M " as Xipec's party began their march I noticed a boy among the slaves, head covered by a hood, I thought nothing about it at the time, but now....maybe it was Tozo"
H " Xipec is expecting reinforcements, I shall lead my men to his palace and learn the truth"
In the temple Nasca is rubbing Keelag 's ointment on Otolmi's chest and throat. Otolmi is deeply under a hypnosis.
N " listen Otolmi you will go to the temple and tell the people of your disgust for them , that Qala has sent the madness to punish them"
Otolmi enters the throne room and says just that. Nasca is with him disguised as Leemu.
Heumac. " Otolmi you've changed, have you no love for the people"
Ot " change is the prerogative of superiors, only inferiors never change"
Chimalma. " Otolmi how dare you. I wanted your advice. We believe Xipec may have kidnapped Tozo"
Ot " I can't be involved in your petty affairs"
H." It is not petty, Tozo's life may be in danger. I was hoping you could write a letter for Xipec , asking about this matter, I do not want to offend him with false accusations, but a priest can say much that I dare not"
Nasca whispers to Otolmi,
N." Relent, I want that letter sent"
Ot " very well Prince Heumac. Send Mataque to the temple I will give him the letter for you"
( Otolmi and masked Nasca)
MV5BNzY0MzI2MTY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY5NjEzMjE@._V1_UY180_CR30,0,180,180_AL_.jpg
In the temple, Nasca to the hypnotized Otolmi,
N " when Mataque comes remember to say exactly as I told you, and about the dream"
Mataque enters,
Ot " here is the letter for Lord Xipec, it is for his eyes only. And Mataque I have had a dream , when Heumac leaves for the gold region Chimalma will be vulnerable, fanatic followers of Nasca may use this period to try and assassinate her, best if you dismiss the guards and keep watch yourself"
M." very well Otolmi it shall be done"
When Mataque has gone,
N " Heumac will avoid the plague of madness, but Mataque will be the first victim in the palace to get it, I will give him wine containing Keelag's poison"
That night Nasca ( as Leemu) comes to Mataque guarding the sleeping empress.
N " how goes the vigil Mataque?, I bring you wine"
Mataque drinks the wine,
M " tiring Leemu"
N " allow me to help. I have soothing ointment to rub into your muscles, it will make you refreshed"
Nasca rubs Keelag's ointment in, the vapours slowly put Mataque under in a trance.
N " listen Mataque, the plague of madness was caused by Chimalma, she poisoned the wells. Pick up your sword Mataque, enter her chamber and kill her, Qala orders it, understand?"
M " yes, must kill Chimalma"
Mataque moves in for the kill.

michaellevenson

Mataque finds Chimalma awake.
Ch " Mataque was is it?"
M." You are the cause of the madness. You must die."
He swings his sword, Chimalma cries for help, Mataque screams and foams at mouth, the sword misses as Chimalma runs out the chamber.
Ch " guards guards, Mataque has the madness"
Guards run to her aid.
Ch " please Mataque you are ill put the sword down"
He attacks the guards, Chimalma turns away in tears as Mataque is chopped down and dies.
Chimalma enters the temple, Otolmi is meditating, Nasca stands by,
Ch " Leemu, Mataque has tried to kill me, the madness has reached the palace"
Nasca alters his voice to sound like Leemu " my master cannot answer he is in trance"
Nasca removes a cloth from the altar. The silver serpent statuette is there, it starts revolving on its dais.
Light is played over Chimalma as she goes into trance.
Nasca removes his gold mask.
N " see what I say, I am Otolmi, I am Otolmi"
Ch " you are Otolmi"
N" why did Mataque want to kill you"
Ch " he said I was responsible for the madness"
N." Qala spoke through Mataque, you are responsible Chimalma"
Ch " NO NO"
N" YES CHIMALMA!! I Otolmi am in communion with Qala, you must sacrifice your life, so your people can be free of the madness, understand?"
Ch " yes I must die"
Nasca covers the serpent statuette, Chimalma awakes and leaves.

Heumac has arrived at Xipec's palace, as they talk, Tozo is still staked out on the roof, in a bad way, no water for three days now. It is now dark, so some respite from the burning sun. Next to Tozo is a small oil lamp, lighting the roof, Tozo with one last bit of strength can just reach the lamp that Xipec placed on the rooftop when last he questioned Tozo.
He pulls the lamp to him and tips it over, the candle burning the rope that ties his left hand.
Heumac hands Xipec the scroll that Otolmi wrote. But truth is Nasca wrote it. Xipec reads it.
Xp " it says here that the madness will soon claim Chimalma and Mataque, Qala is to be blessed for ridding the land of evil"
H" lies Xipec, Otolmi would never write that"
Xp " he goes on, Heumac is to be executed and I am to march to the city and proclaim myself emperor. Guards seize him"
H " is this how you serve your Empress, traitor"
Xp " I merely follow Otolmi's words"
Heumac is captured, forced to kneel.
Xp " well we might as well carry out the execution now"
Heumac is about to have his head chopped off when Tozo runs in, in the confusion Heumac frees himself, grabs a sword and puts it to Xipec's throat.
Tozo. " my Lord , I have seen Nasca still alive"
Xp " you won't get out of the gold region alive, I have reinforcements arriving"
H " sorry Xipec, those men are Toltecs, my men. We are returning to the city, and if Chimalma has been harmed, then Qala will make you pay"

Chimalma enters her chamber, it is to be walled up, slowly killing her.
Otolmi and Nasca disguised are there., along with the council.
Ch " I do this to free my people of the madness."
Everyone leaves, Chimalma rests on a bed of flowers and waits for death.
serpent6.jpg
Later all but one of the stones are laid, the room almost sealed.
Nasca to stonemasons,
N " go, Otolmi and I will put the last one in place"
The two men leave, Otolmi standing helpless as Nasca removes his mask and peers in through the gap in the wall.
N." Chimalma, Nasca calling"
Chimalma to herself " no Nasca is dead, imagination"
N." Look toward the door Chimalma"
She sees Nasca's smiling face
Ch " Nasca?!"
N " I engineered your downfall Chimalma. I Nasca, dead but not buried, and you BURIED ALIVE!"
Nasca puts the last stone in place.
Chimalma runs over to the wall, too late, she claws at the stone.
Ch " NASCA LET ME OUT"

michaellevenson

FINAL EPISODE S02E06

Chimalma is close to death, suffocating in the sealed off chamber.
Nasca visits Keelag,
N " Chimalma is sacrificed, the madness is no longer needed"
K " no I want more death"
N." What you want is immaterial. You serve Teshcata"
K " I made you well again"
N." Teshcata did that, you were his instrument. You could not do anything else."
K " no, we are free beings!"
N " none of us are free."
Nasca picks up the skeleton Keelag carries with her ,
N "we all dance to Teshcata's tune, see"
Nasca jigs the skeleton up and down dancing!, then,
N "he tells us to die, and we die, and you old woman are now expendable"
He pushes her to the ground and suffocates her with it. Grotesque scene as Keelag struggles as the putrefying skeleton is pushed onto her face.
Heumac has returned, learnt of Chimalma's fate, and orders the guards to tear the wall down. Chimalma is released in time.
Xipec is put on trial.
Xp." You are accusing the wrong man, Heumac caused the poison, and Chimalma was willing to die to save us, but Heumac saved her condemning us all. All I was doing was following orders from Otolmi"
H " news reaches us that the madness is diminishing, so Chimalma's death wasn't so necessary after all"
Xp " not surprising since you and your army have been in the gold region, the madness lessens, proof of your guilt"
H " why did you kidnap Tozo?"
Xp " to learn the truth of the madness, he knows your intimate plans"
H " but you left BEFORE the madness struck here"
Xp "blame Otolmi, he is behind it"
H." You change your story Xipec, take him away.
Xp " I demand a fight to the death to challenge your lies. Qala will allow the truthful one to live"
H " very well I accept, guards escort Xipec to a holding area"
Xipec pushes the guards away,
Xp " I need no escort, nothing will prevent me coming back to kill you Toltec"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Nasca has been spying this from the secret passage,
N." Teshcata will Xipec win?.ANSWER ME! Teshcata why do you never speak to me.
Only I hear my own voice, always my own voice"
Nasca looks insane! A weird grin on his face,
N." Of course I understand, I am my own god I AM TESHCATA"
Heumac turns to Tozo,
H " Tozo, Nasca hid the twin crowns of Chichen Itza , your task is to locate them "
T " yes my Lord"
Heumac and Xipec fight with poison tipped rings with long spike protruding from it. One scratch is death. The two circle round, thrusting their arms at each other trying for the fatal scratch. Xipec pushes Heumac onto the floor, knocking the ring off Heumac's finger.
20210921_172029.jpg
Heumac now unarmed punches Xipec who falls and then looks in horror at his hand. Heumac's ring is sticking out of the palm.
Xp ( gasps)" I've.... found ...your..
ring "
H " while you still breathe, the truth Xipec, who is behind the plague of madness? "
Xp " Ot....Ol....mi..."
Xipec dies.
Nasca was watching this unfold from the secret passage, he replaces the stone he removed to do his spying.
N " Xipec has done me one last service, I will find a place for him in my heart when I ascend to glory"
Nasca grins, a madman's grin,
feathered0206.jpg
N " now for Otolmi's confession"
Heumac is arguing with the councillors.
" my Lords, we cannot just take Xipec's word, Otolmi must be given a fair trial"
Tozo comes in with the dark mirror of Teshcata.
T " I gave it to a goldsmith to frame it, to hide these scratches on the back, but I see they are a map, perhaps of the hiding place of the twin crowns of Chichen Itza."
At this point Chimalma enters well again.
Ch " I have seen Nasca , still alive"
T " I told you my Lord"
H " that would explain everything, but how could he remain hidden"
Ch "He took Leemu's place and has been moving through the palace as he pleases"
Heumac and Tozo study a scroll, a map of the layout of the Palace.
T ( dejectedly) " no room in the Palace matches these scratches. Could the crowns be hidden elsewhere My Lord?"
H " only the Palace has this elaborate a design. Ah...Tozo what does a mirror do Tozo?"
T " see things as they are My Lord "
H " no! a reflection of things as they are. Hold the plan of the Palace up to the mirror Tozo."
Tozo does this and understands.
T " it's the throne room!"
H " yes, it seems Nasca was more devious than we thought"
T " the X on the scratches marks the Jaguar thrones My Lord."
H " that could be it Tozo. Guards lift up the jaguar throne. The map also shows a hidden entrance in the temple to the secret passages I knew nothing about. I had the stonemason wall them all up, but not that one."
Chimalma " so Nasca had access to all the passages still."
The throne is lifted, revealing a hidden trap door in the floor, Heumac opens it, it is like a cubbyhole, and wrapped in cloth are the twin crowns of chichen itza.

Otolmi and Nasca are in the secret passage behind the temple, Nasca is rubbing Keelag's ointment into his chest keeping him under influence.
N " one more thing you can do old man before I ascend to godhood "
Nasca tells him what to do.
Otolmi enters the throne room,
Otolmi. " you are vermin, all of you, Qala has no use of you, I poisoned the wells, I caused the madness"
The councillors start jostling Otolmi, wanting revenge.
Ot " yes death to you all"
Otolmi falls everyone surrounds the fallen priest.
Chimalma" STOP IT, my councillors acting like beasts. Nasca still alive explains what's been happening here"
H " Tozo look after him, we go and confront Nasca"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

In the temple,
Heumac. " Nasca, show yourself"
Nasca's voice is heard,
" Nasca is no more, I am Teshcata"
The silver serpent statuette spins on its dais, vapours swirl around the temple.
Everyone under the influence, all kneel.
Nasca shows himself at the altar spinning the statuette around, strobe effect plays over everyone.
N " see I am your god. I grow before you"
featheredserpent5.jpg
In response to his words everyone sees Nasca grow in height, eight feet, ten , twelve, towering above them
N " I am Lord of Chaos, bringer of pain. As tribute I want the souls of Chimalma and Heumac, come forward"
Heumac and Chimalma walk trance like towards Nasca.
Otolmi helped by Tozo enters the temple, his mind now restored.
Ot " what do you see Tozo ?"
T " strange lights, a sweet smell"
Tozo's eyes grow heavy as he succumbs.
Ot " forgive me , I slept when you needed me most. But I can still repent"
N." Otolmi, bow down before me, your god. You are all alone Otolmi"
Ot " as are you Nasca, but you sadder than I "
N " Nasca is dead. I am more now, more than a man"
Ot " you are no god Nasca, just a sick pitiful creature, once a man , now something less"
Otolmi moves forward swinging his blind man's stick before him. He strikes the serpent statue, it falls to the ground, everyone awakes.
They see reality, Nasca not really ten feet tall, just an insane man.
Nasca runs forward thrusting his knife into Otolmi's heart.
20210921_172146.jpg
N " I will have my tribute, die old man", he drops his knife and runs into the secret passage.
Tozo cries cradling Otolmi,
" he's dead"
Chimalma " guards go bring Nasca out dead or alive"
Heumac " no Chimalma, leave him he has cost too many lives already. Guards, fetch the stonemason, we will wall up this final entrance forever , let him die in darkness"
Ch " a fitting end"
Later, a few days later, Heumac and Chimalma are married. Heumac addresses the council.
H " as was the wish of Kukulkan, our two tribes are united. Worshipping the true god Qala, god of peace. Teshcata is destroyed , never to return."
In the temple a voice cries out from behind the stonework.
Nasca's voice " I am Teshcata. I am forever, let me out"
Over the days to come the voice will grow weaker and fade....to nothing.

THE END