Review Thriller -s02e03- Kiss Me and Die ( scene by scene)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
A few of the guests are looking at the Pit and the Pendulum display. Lanceford in his element.
L " you see the axe gets lower and lower, but the prisoner has smeared his bonds with his food, the rats gnaw at his bonds, and just in time he's free"
Dominie goes up to Bill and Ken,
D " have either of you seen Robert Stone?"
K " yes Miss, he left a little while ago"
D " are you sure?"
K " no mistaking that costume of his, hahaha"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Robert desperate, slumped on the floor, all but given up. Then...his hand touches his trouser belt...the leather pouch, he still has it. He unties it , inside....gunpowder!
The candle is almost out, he must work quick. He twists to face the padlock, carefully he pours some powder into the keyhole. Then he pulls at his shirt sleeve, and tears the fabric. He rips off a strip of cloth. The candle has burnt liquid wax into the saucer. He dips the cloth into it, and like rolling a cigarette he fashions the cloth into a cylindrical ' fuse'. He pokes it into the keyhole. Now he lifts the candle......slowly...slowly..if it goes out he's dead. He lights the fabric. All he can do is wait until the flame reaches the keyhole. He stretches as far away from the padlock as possible, about two feet, hands up to protect his head.

michaellevenson

At the party the revelry continues. Suddenly the floor vibrates, the chandelier swings to and fro,
D " Johnathan, the foundations!"
Lanceford knows something has happened in the cellar, he runs over, unlocks the door and disappears down the passage, Dominie not far behind.
Robert is free, his explosive has weakened the already unstable foundations. He pushes at the wall imprisoning him, it collapses, he clambers out , ...to see Lanceford with a gun.
L " I had the feeling I'd underestimated you"
He fires, the bullet whistles passed Robert's head. The two grapple man to man, Lanceford pushes Robert away and takes aim again. The ceiling is beginning to sag alarmingly.
R " watch out!"
Bricks and mortar crash down on top of Lanceford.
Dominie screams as she runs in.
D " help me Robert , he's still alive I know it"
She claws at the mound of rubble. Robert pulls her away as more brickwork falls killing Lanceford.
Upstairs the partygoers are screaming , a huge crack has appeared across the floor.
Jenny " URRGH RATS!"
Scores of rats scamper out of the crack, the chandelier crashes down. After a minute or so, all is still, the foundations quiet again. The guests cough and splutter in the dust and trudge out. The party well and truly over.
The fall of the house of usher, no, but the house of Lanceford is truly wrecked.WP_20190425_14_14_48_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

In the cellar Robert and Dominie comfort each other. In front of them a crack appears in the brickwork. A section of wall gives way, to reveal a corpse, chained to the wall. It's quite recently died, hermetically sealed, not decayed.
R " it's Jim...my god"
Behind them another part of the wall collapses, another corpse, older decaying.
R " how many are down here!?"
MV5BNmRlMmJhZTAtYmMwZC00MmU2LWJhZWItMjgwZjcxNGM0MzU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BN2IyYWFmNjgtYTJiOC00NjBlLTk2ZjktOGRkNDc3ZTAyMWEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
Days later the bodies removed, the police investigation under way.
Robert in his car driving away from the village. Luggage piled high in the back, Dominie next to him. They kiss.
D " get me away from here Robert"
They drive off, the nightmare over.
The End

On to next episode

Last edited: