Review Thriller -s03e01-A Coffin For The Bride ( the Helen Mirren one)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
A posh hotel, the honeymoon suite, two newly weds, both middle aged. The Jamesons, her a large dumpy lady, not too attractive, he a light brown long haired gentleman with a straggly beard.
Mr Jameson stripped to waist in the bedroom using chest expanders to keep fit, she rubbing oil into his shoulders.
Mrs J " you're beautiful darling"
Mr J " you're not supposed to say that to a man"
Mrs J " okay, handsome then, like a Greek god, and fit"
Mr J " had to be when I was in the merchant navy"
Mrs J " sorry darling, I know you don't like talking about it"
Mr J " it was a bad scene for me"
Mrs J " the accident?"
Mr J " if it was an accident. I was pushed I know I was. Jealousy, if it had been in the water I would have had a chance, but it was the hard deck"
Mrs J " don't upset yourself darling"
Mr J " I've got bad memories and a plate in my skull. But I did see the world, learnt a lot. There was this Chinaman, all going to flab, but he taught me about pressure points. Put pressure on the right place and you go out like a light, nothing to betray you afterwards"
The two kiss, suddenly Jameson squeezes on his wife's neck,she collapses instantly unconscious.
Jameson stares down at her,
J " did you really think I could fall for someone like you? All fat and indulgences"
He casually rips her nightdress off, and drags the body to the bathroom. The sunken bath is filled up, and in she goes.
MV5BNmQyYWYxYzItODc1Ny00MjVjLWE2Y2MtNGJhMTM5NGY4NzgyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg...jpg
Margaret Courtenay is Mrs Jameson

Last edited:

michaellevenson

The next day Jameson enters the suite, looking very Bohemian, a velvet brown jacket, cravat, very distinctive.
A noise from the bathroom alerts him, he enters, a tall gentleman is there, dark hair small moustache, in a business suit.
J " Mr Mason?"
Mason and Jameson stare at the sunken bath.
J " this is kind of morbid isn't it"
M " hard to believe she drowned in that"
J " some kind of seizure perhaps"
M " no I don't think so"
J " you heard the coroners report"
M " yes, but I didn't believe it. I think you murdered her!"
J " I don't think I care what you think Mason"
M " a woman like her, beyond the marrying age, then you show up. Yes you did it"
J " you are aware of the laws of slander Mason"
M " oh quite, that's what the police said"
J "you told them, what did they say?"
M " no suspicious circumstances"
J " well then, all you have to do is read the will. Not that you have to, she left everything to me didn't she"
Mason, a solicitor, fixes Jameson with a hard stare.
J " what are you staring at Mason?"
M."you, your face, I'm never going to forget it "
Jameson thinks this is funny, as he chuckles almost manically.

Michael Jayston as Jameson, Michael Gwynne as Mason

MV5BNjdiNzk0OWItYjg2My00MjU1LTgyM2MtMDMzYzNhODlkMWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk5NDA5OTA@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

It's a year later and Oliver Mason ,the solicitor to the late Mrs Jameson is hard at work in his office when secretary Connie enters.
C " Mr Mason is it alright to move these papers to archives?, I need the space"
M "what papers Connie?"
C " the ones we kept when we closed Mrs Jameson's affairs. You said Mr Jameson might return for them"
M (sighing) "No Connie, It's been a year, Jameson won't be back, okay they can go to archives. Oh hang on, I'll keep this"
He takes a photo of Jameson, looks hard at it, then pops it in his desk drawer.
At the Stukely Hotel, Devon
Two newly weds are in the bridal suite, Tony and Yvonne Tully, a middle aged couple.
Mr Tully, tall, dark haired, with glasses , wearing a sober business suit. IT'S JAMESON! looking totally different.
Tony Tully comes out of the bathroom,
T " I've run your bath for you dear"
Y " thanks darling. What a lovely two weeks we've had. Back to domesticity I suppose"
Tully/Jameson gets out his chest expanders as Yvonne gives him a kiss and goes into the bathroom. Moments later, Tully follows her in, squeeze on the neck, a splash, it's all over, another wife dead.
Oliver Mason the next day reads his newspaper in the office and sees the headline;
" newly wed wife drowns in bath"
Mason goes into outer office,
M " Connie can you get me the Stukely Hotel, Devon, try directory enquiries"
A little later the phone rings, Mason picks it up,
M " hello, Stukely hotel?, ah yes I wonder if I can ask you about the Tullys....that's right the lady who drowned sadly...well actually it's Mr Tully I'm interested in......well you see he might be an old friend and if he is I'd like to send my condolences.....mmm yes, athletic, looks like a man who keeps fit...I see....his appearance?...dark hair,like a sober businessman...oh I see, no it doesn't sound like my friend...thank you anyway goodbye"
Mason gets the photo of Jameson from his desk and doodles over the brown hair turning it black. Connie comes in with his coffee. Mason's face lights up,
" Connie, you dye your hair don't you! So simple of course"
Mason is right, in the hotel bathroom Tully/Jameson or whatever his real name is, is standing by a wash basin, towel on head, brown liquid dye in the basin. He turns to his bed, opens a suitcase and removes a passport for Tony Tully, tears it up, he has about a dozen forged passports, who will he be next, who will be the next victim of this lady-killer?
Michael Jayston as ' Tony Tully '

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Mason is having a rather heated discussion in his office with Inspector Quilley of Scotland Yard.
Q " there is absolutely no connection Oliver between Mrs Tully's death and Mrs Jameson's"
M " except both were newly weds and both died in a bath"
Q " the Devon police were satisfied and that Mrs Tully died of natural causes. And your description of Jameson didn't match Tully at all"
M " except both were athletic"
Q " naturally I didn't leave it there, I checked, Jameson as far as we can gather left the country"
M " as far as you can gather?"
Q "leave it Oliver please"
M " okay, but Mrs Tully's family, you'll put me in touch"
Q " okay, as a friend yes, but off the record"

Tony Steadman plays Quilley
00tony_steedman.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Who is Tully/Jameson really? He is Mark Walker, clean shaven light brown short hair, walks into the Townsend Health Hotel. The hotel has all the obvious services you'd expect, but also a gymnasium, jacuzzi, and other fitness services for anyone who wishes to use them.
Walker goes into the bar, where Freddie the barman works.
F " lovely to see you again sir"
W " and you Freddie"
F " the usual sir?"
W " yep, orange juice. Must stay in trim"
F " really Mr Walker, someone as fit as you has no right in a place like this, your physique puts us all to shame"
A young lady walks in, blonde, thirtyish, looking around amazed.
F " you're not seeing things Miss, it's oldy worldy on the outside and modern inside. Result of the fire , isn't that right Sir?"
W " right Freddie, fire gutted the interior but left the fabric intact"
F "what can I get you Miss?"
Lady " Gin and Tonic please"
The blonde takes her drink to a table"
W " who is she Freddie?"
F " never seen her before, day-tripper I suppose come for a sauna"
W " then I'll have to work quick"
F " fancy your chances sir?"
W " my chances? I fancy her, ( quietly under his breath) and this one is strictly for pleasure!"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Mark sits himself down next to the lady,
W " it's very damaging you know, destroys the brain cells, erodes the liver, alcohol"
The lady smiles and picks up her drink,
" this drink has a lot to live up to then"
W " I'm sorry I just wanted to break the ice Mark Walker is the name, I'm a talk to pretty girls addict"
S " Stella McKenzie"
W." McKenzie, that's a nice Gaelic name explains everything, only Gaelic girls have your cool beauty, poise elegance"
S " speed you move Mr Walker you should change your name to sprinter"
W "it's all bluster I assure you. Sometimes I must admit I get introverted,within myself, doctors say it isn't healthy. I'm lucky to be alive, had a bad accident in the merchant navy, a bad scene for me, this keep fit kick I'm on it's part of the syndrome, the recovery"
S " you were so surprised to survive the accident you're striving to maintain life"
W " you understand that Stella?"
S " it's not so difficult to grasp"
W " Stella, when I came over I was planning to make a pass, flowers, dinner , the whole routine, but now....I really want to know you. How about dinner tonight? Here in the hotel"
S " I'm not sure your revelations weren't part of your technique Mark"
W " I swear.."
S " okay, yes I'd love to, I'll meet you here at eight"
Arthur English played Freddie.
MV5BMzY0NjFiMWMtM2Q5My00ZjQ3LTk0NzAtYWQyNGYzOTE1MzVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Walker is in the hotel reception waiting for Stella, when suddenly, panic!, disaster! Oliver Mason walks in . What the hell is he doing here?!
Walker hides behind a pillar unseen by Mason, and as Mason goes up to Freddie at the bar, Walker slips out into the car park. Stella arrives in her car and greets him.
S " sorry I'm a bit late. Aren't we eating here?"
W " er..no it's a bit busy tonight, we can do better, lets go, I know a place"
After dinner, Stella and Walker enter her house, a few miles from the hotel.
S " I'm not in the habit of inviting men back, not on the first date Mark"
W " I'm honoured"
He looks around the living room.
W " cosy, you own this place?"
S ' no, just rent it, a drink Mark, oh sorry you don't do you?"
W " I have one once in a while, scotch please"
Walker notices a large desk with drawings on it, of clothes.
W " you a dress designer ?"
S " good lord no, I'm a theatrical designer, costumes for productions, doesn't pay great but I love it. Here's your drink"
Walker drinks it down quickly.
S " what happened to the smooth talker I met this afternoon, you've hardly said a word all evening"
W " business worries, I told you sometimes I get inside myself" He pours himself another drink.
S " you drink when you're withdrawn. You're so tense"
W " well, untense me Stella"
His hands reach out to hug her, and tries to kiss her.
S " the drinks gone straight to your head Mr Walker and your hands. I think it's goodnight time"
W." Yes, okay. I'll see you tomorrow?"
S " I'll be around" He leaves.
Walker arrives back at the Townsend hotel, as he climbs the stairs he looks down at the bar below, Mason is there, their eyes meet, for a good five seconds they stare at each other. Walker goes upstairs, Mason carries on drinking.
Later, at midnight Mason gets into his car,starts it up, suddenly Walker springs up from rear seats, applies pressure on neck, Mason out like a light.
The next morning, beautiful sunny day, a mother and her two kids walk in the nearby woods. The kids run off, when suddenly one screams and comes running over, pointing to the lake. A dead body is floating on it, it's Mason.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

The next day at Mason's office, Connie is in tears, on the phone crying.
C " no Mr Mason isn't here, he's dead."
Quilley is there , Connie puts phone down.
Connie sobbing " I don't understand, Mr Mason committing suicide, but why?"
Q " he had not seemed different in any way Connie?"
C " no nothing"
Q " what an earth was he doing in that part of the country? Did he say or do anything unusual lately?"
C " no, except he took some private calls, asked me to leave the office for an extra lunch break while he took them"
Q " I'll miss him Connie"
That afternoon Walker is back at Stella's place, a smile on his face, doing press-ups on the floor.

Helen Mirren is Stella
MV5BZjdiNWFjOGUtMDkzOC00NjhlLTk4OWItYjBhNzI4MDg4ZWRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
Stella " you've changed, your old self is back"
W " yep, thought I had bad news, but it turned out good news. I'll see you tonight?"
S " sorry Mark, I'm a working girl remember, I've got to finish these designs off today, theatre bosses on my case" She gets to her desk and starts drawing, " I'll see you tomorrow"
Mark disappointingly leaves.
Marcia Fox plays Connie.
MV5BZDZlNjExNWMtMjRhYi00M2E5LTkzOTUtZDFjODgwNGRhZDk2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Back at the hotel Walker enters the bar, and sees an extraordinary woman chatting to Freddie. This is Angie, fortyish, reddy brown hair, horned rimmed glasses, a very very pronounced north of England accent and a laugh on her that could scare The Devil himself.
images (1).jpeg
Angie " double scotch barman, and what do I call you?"
Freddie. " what you like madam"
A " okay Mr What-you-like, lets have that drink "
She gulps it down in one,
A " same again "
F " you here for a fitness break ? er Mrs..."
A " Angela Ludlow, friends call me Angie"
F " here's your drink Mrs...Angie"
A " haha like it, Mrs Angie. No love, I don't go in for this fitness malarkey. My first husband said men like a bit of meat on the bone, know what I mean, something to grab onto, the others , well they can date a broomstick if they want. No I'm here looking at cottages, hope to find one to rent until I find one to buy, if you follow me. This seems like a nice neighborhood, ( shouting )though everyone here seems a bit reserved and stuffy"
Mark Walker sits himself next to her at the bar. She downs her second double scotch, and leans over to Mark almost breathes in his face,
A " don't suppose you approve of hard liquor. What are you called then?"
W." Walker..Mark", he has noticed her jewellery, diamond encrusted rings, pearl necklace, diamond earrings.
W " so you're staying in the area for a while?"
A " hoping to make new friends. I'm a bit on my lonesome"
W " lonely how come?"
A " I married above my class. First husband one day dropped dead in the street, left me all his loot. Two years later second husband drowned, two husbands both dead, left me filthy rich, I'm surprised the police aren't investigating me!"
W " the police?"
A " Two husbands both dead and me the beneficiary , obviously can't keep a man. Haha, anyway I left my relatives behind and they don't forgive you for that. I tried making peace with them, but nothing doing, I gave up on them, and I don't get on with my husbands friends neither, that leaves you lonely"
W " you shouldn't be lonely, fine looking woman like you"
A " you're moving a bit fast Mark! I'm eager but not that eager"
W " how about dinner tonight, here, eight thirty be alright?"
Walker has spotted another potential victim here, lonely and rich, perfect. First to put Stella off in case she comes to the hotel.
Its early evening about an hour after Angie leaved for her cottage hunting, Walker on phone to Stella.
W " I'm sorry darling business meeting has popped up, probably keep me busy all evening. I'll phone if I can make it round to yours...okay Stella bye."
Mirlene Hern plays Angela Ludlow
download.jpeg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

It's 8.30 Walker is waiting in the bar.
W " no sign of Mrs. Ludlow?"
Freddie " not yet sir, if she was around you'd have heard her by now!"
W " yes quite"
Suddenly her voice is heard, carried into the bar all the way from the car park.
Angie " well, if you don't like the way I've parked it you know where you can go!"
She walks in,
" sorry I'm late Mark. Anyway found a cottage I liked, put my stuff down in the hallway there and then, it's mine for as long as I like"
W " fantastic , I'll get some champagne, Freddie, best vintage you've got. We should celebrate"
A " we?!, remember Mark I'm no fool, been round the block I have, two husbands dead and buried and I've met fortune hunters before. I don't know enough about you"
W " I can withstand any scrutiny Angie, and remember you approached me"
A " mmm, that's right, that's in your favour"
After an evening together with the very tiring Angie, it's hard work being nice to her, Mark drives to Stella's place, it's about midnight. He rings the doorbell, but no answer, and leaves.
The next day he walks into the garden at Stella's , through the French windows , and there is Stella hard at work at her designs.
S " Mark, hi"
W."were you out last night? I tried calling here"
S " ah was that you ringing my bell. I was tucked up in bed, I'm not in the habit of opening my door at midnight or later Mark"
W " fair enough"
S " how was the business meeting?"
W " oh fine. No it's a nuisance Stella. I've finally found a girl I want to settle down with and I'm busy"
S " am I that demanding?"
W " no not at all. If you were a pauper or a millionaire it wouldn't matter"
S " that's a strange remark"
W " yeh, I know, I'm a strange fellow, lead an odd life. This deal I'm cooking will make me rich, richer, but I promise myself, I promise you it's the last time. "
S " you're not making sense darling "
W " no and for a time maybe I won't, but I have all I want right here with you. I won't be able to see you much in the next week or two, maybe longer, I don't want to lose this contact"
S " you won't"
They kiss. Walker, the lady killer has one more job to do, Angela Ludlow.
MV5BZjUxMDBiOWEtZmNhOC00ZTYyLWExN2EtZTlkMzg5YWYzMTMwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg...jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Mark and Angie arrive at her cottage after an evening out. He has been cultivating this relationship for a week or two now, fitting in seeing Stella when possible.
Walker gives Angie a box of chocolates and a gift.
A " what's this?""
W " open it"
Angie opens the wrapping paper, inside a jewellery case, and inside that a diamond encrusted necklace.
MV5BNTBhOTBmNmUtMGNmZC00ZGIzLWJjMGEtOGFlZWFjMmViOWI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTEzMTA@._V1_.jpg
A " Mark! My god it must have cost a fortune"
W " they are my bona fides"
A " your bona whatsies?"
W " my proof of good intentions. Anyone know a fortune hunter giving up a fortune. I can match you share for share"
A " but why would you want to?"
W " because I think I'm falling in love with you"
The next evening at the hotel Walker in the bar telephoning Stella, there is no answer. Angie comes up behind him,
A " I'm here love. Well it was me you were phoning wasn't it?"
W " er..yes of course"
A " shall we go then, I'm starving"
Freddie offers her a scotch.
A " no time Freddie love"
F " come on Angie, it takes six paces to the door, you can down this in four"
A " oh Freddie , if you weren't married I'd take you home with me"
F " if I weren't married I'd already be there"
A " you're a scream Freddie!"
Angie roars with laughter ,downs the drink, and she and Mark leave.
As they leave,
A " I'll show you that jewellery you were interested in"
W " jewellery?"
A " wasn't that you? Someone else then"
Later that evening at her cottage Walker makes his move.
W " I want you to marry me Angie. Third time lucky"
A " oh Mark, I'm definitely the lucky one"
They kiss, Angie in tears of joy.
A " if we're going to marry, it has to be equal partnership. What's mine is yours and vice versa..Communal properties, the lot. When we marry I want wills drawn up favouring the other. I know I'm a blunt woman, I believe in speaking my mind. Still want to marry me?"
W " absolutely, we think alike. I've made plans, we'll honeymoon in Greece"
A " Greece lovely"
W " I know a place. We'll have the beach to ourselves. Swimming every day"
A " I can't swim"
W " I'll teach you, you'll be perfectly safe. Angie there's something I've not told you, I've been married before too, we're divorced now and on easy terms, but I'd rather she didn't know, not yet anyway, so no announcement in the papers or any publicity"
A " she'll have to know sometime"
W " yes of course, but she's likely to push for more alimony. I'll tell her in my own way"
A " I understand love, now let's have a drink to celebrate"
W " no I ...."
A " c 'mon, not every day you get engaged "
W " okay"
Walker drinks , in fact has two scotches, and then feels a bit faint.
W " oh god, I'm feeling a bit whoozy"
A " let me look at you. Mark you're drunk on two drinks. That comes from not being a drinker, you've no resistance"
Mark slumps onto the settee,
W " gone straight to my head"
A " you can't drive back to your hotel tonight. You better stay here"
She lays him out on the settee, gets a blanket to put over him.
A " I would invite you to my room, but we must save something for when we're married"
Soon Walker is asleep. Angie looks down at him asleep, that chirpy smile on her face gone, replaced by a cold stare.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

The next morning Walker comes down the stairs after bathing and dressing.
W " don't know what happened last night, won't happen again though"
Angie is having breakfast, tea and toast at the coffee table in the living room.
W " how do you feel?"
A " a bit jaded, I wish I hadn't invited that McKenzie woman over"
Walker looks aghast,
W " er..McKenzie woman!?"
A " yeah, Stella McKenzie, she was out walking, saw the roses out front , asked if she could take a cutting, I said you can have the whole damn bush I only rent the place"
W " when she due?"
A " anytime now"
W " erm.. I better be off"
A " your breakfast?"
W " I'll eat later, got plans to make darling"
A " Mark! You're running away. What is it with you and this McKenzie woman?"
W " you're absolutely wrong Angie, but right about running away. I told you about my wife"
A " so , this is a total stranger"
W " I don't trust anyone. I'll go the back way, more discreet"
Walker hurriedly leaves, and walking along the side of the house he hears the front door opening . He stands motionless listening,
Angie's voice " come in love"
Stella's voice " thank you"
The door shuts, satisfied the coast is clear, he quietly leaves.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Arriving at Stella's, Mark enters through the French windows just as Stella comes out. She is carrying a part of a rose bush , some mud ends up on Walker's shirt.
S " sorry darling, I've just been getting these roses"
W "where from?"
S " extraordinary woman, Angela someone, you must have seen her around the hotel"
W " yes"
S " then you know how ghastly she is"
W " I have noticed "
S "still, I suspect a kind heart under all that make up"
W "what did you talk about?"
S " she did all the talking, I just let it wash over me "
W " but when you mentioned me..."
S " darling, that ego of yours really, I never mentioned you. Anyway now I've dirtied you up I might as well go the whole way. Can you plant these for me, there's a spade outside "
Walker goes into the garden to do the job.
Meanwhile at the hotel, Freddie is at the bar cleaning the glasses when the phone rings.
F " Townsend hotel hello "
Angela's unmistakable voice is heard,
A " Freddie come quickly, I think he's going to kill me!!"
Mark finishes his rose planting,
W " all done darling"
S " thanks"
W "planting roses has a permanent feel to it,means you'll be here when I get back"
S " you're going away then?"
W " just for a couple of weeks. I must go now, I'll see you later"
Mark leaves, Stella smiling as he departs,
S " goodbye "

Last edited:

michaellevenson

In the hotel bar Freddie is talking to two gentlemen, both police officers, one uniformed the other plain clothed.
F " here he is now"
Walker is met by the officers,
Weston " Mark Walker? I'm Inspector Weston C.I.D., is this your driving licence? "
W " my god yes it is, I never realised I had lost it thanks. Where did you find it?"
Weston puts it in his own pocket,
Wes " if you would follow me sir"
W "what is this?"
Wes " we'd appreciate your cooperation sir. And you Freddie, you'll have to come too"
They all get in the police car and drive off. To Walker's surprise they end up at Angela's cottage.
Inside the cottage is an unexpected sight. The furnishings are upturned, glass on the floor, Angela's spectacles smashed on the floor.
W " where's Mrs Ludlow?"
Wes " you know her sir?"
W " yes of course, I stayed here last night. Not what you think, I got drunk that's all, left at 10.30 this morning. Now stop playing games and tell me what this is all about"
Wes " we were hoping you'd tell us sir, you see your licence was found on the settee, Freddie what happened this morning"
F " she called me at noon"
Wes "sure it was her?"
F " Definitely her, I'd recognise that voice anywhere. She said you Mr Walker had too much to drink, you were turning violent and demanded to see her jewellery "
W" that's a lie"
F " I remember last night she talked about showing you her jewellery "
W " yes but that was a mistake "
Wes " then what?"
F " she wanted me to come over and calm him down. So I hurried over and found the place like this, then I called you Inspector "
Wes " well Mr Walker?"
W " she's trying to frame me. but why?!, what time did she call?"
F " noon or thereabouts "
Walker (grinning) " then I'm in the clear. I can prove I was nowhere near here at noon, I was with Miss Stella McKenzie. Don't take my word for it ask her"
MV5BOTE3YWEwNjItZjVlNC00NzViLWEzZTgtMmEzMjI5MDlmYTAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_QL75_UY14...jpg
Richard Coleman plays Weston

Last edited:

michaellevenson

They all enter Stella's place through the French windows,
W " Stella? Stella?" Mark stops in his tracks, the room is almost devoid of furniture, what there is is covered by dust sheets.
Wes " doesn't look like anyone's been here for some time "
W " she was here an hour ago! Her easel was over there for her design work."
Wes " I see you've got mud on your shirt, been digging sir?"
W " we planted roses." But outside there is no roses to be seen, Walker totally baffled. Weston sees poking out of the dust sheet covering the dining table the spade Walker used.
Wes " I bet this has got your fingerprints all over it"
W " I told you I used it. This is a frame, A LOUSY STINKING FRAME!"
Wes " turn your pockets out Walker"
Mark empties his pocket, and looks aghast as he pulls out two diamond earrings.
Wes " a frame?, and I suppose these are plants. Where is she Walker ? Angela Ludlow, where did you bury her"
A few hours later, Walker is in a police cell. Weston comes in.
W " you found her? Stella McKenzie "
sddefault.jpg
Wes " no we didn't, because she doesn't exist Walker "
W " SHE MUST! The estate agent must know"
Wes " we tried them , they never heard of Stella McKenzie "
W " someone rented that house"
Wes " it was rented to an Oliver Mason, but he drowned himself before he could use it. Where is she Walker, Angela Ludlow, where did you bury her. I've got you cold on circumstantial evidence, motive, opportunity everything , but where is the body Walker? Some people think you need a body to prove murder, take it from me, you don't!"
The trial of Mark Walker ends with the judge passing sentence.
Judge " Mark Walker you have been found guilty of murdering Angela Mary Ludlow. It is my duty to pass sentence. You will go to prison for a term of at least thirty years "

Last edited:

michaellevenson

A few months have passed, Walker is languishing in jail. A warder enters his cell.
Warder " on your feet Walker you've got a visitor"
W " visitor? who 'd want to visit me"
Wrd " it's a lady"
Walker goes to the visitors' room. He sits down behind a glass screen, and in walks Stella.
W " Stella! My love, what happened to you?"
S " I went away"
W " away?, you must have known what was happening, you must have read the papers. It doesn't matter you're back, and you can tell them"
S " I've come to tell you Mark. I didn't want you sitting out the next thirty years without knowing, that would be too kind"
W " Stella!?"
S " no it's not Stella or McKenzie, but Sheila O'Rourke, you were right about the Gaelic at least"
W " O'Rourke?"
S " that rings a bell does it Mr Walker, or should I say Jameson or Mr Tully. Yes Tully, because Mrs Tully was Yvonne O'Rourke my sister. It was poor Mr Mason who put me onto you, you killed him didn't you because he recognized you. We had got together a really private investigation and we had so little to go on, just a man who liked to keep fit. I did a tour of health clubs for months before I spotted you. I was sure it was you, but Mr Mason had to come to make the identification. Before he could say, he was dead, that was confirmation enough"
W " you and Mason!"
S " an unlikely team but a nice man , I liked him, and I loved my sister and you killed her too. Now you're paying for it, oh not for the murder you did do but one you didn't do. But that suits me fine!"
Walker ( shouting)." You're no better than me, you murdered too, Angela Ludlow, I'll tell them and whatever your motive they'll put you away too"
S " you still don't understand do you? I told you my job was theatre design, but before that I was on the other side of the footlights"
Suddenly to Mark's horror the unmistakable voice of Angie emanates from Sheila's mouth.
S " I didn't kill Angela Ludlow, I CREATED HER my old love. But who can prove it"
images (2).jpegimages (3).jpegimages (4).jpeg
Still acting as Angela Ludlow Sheila O'Rourke gets up and leaves, " cheerio Mark love don't do anything I wouldn't do for the next thirty years!!!"
Walker, stunned, head bowed, beaten.
The End

on to next episode

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Helen Mirren of course played both Stella( Sheila) and Angie. To disguise this I just made up name Mirlene Hern , anagram of Helen Mirren. As Sheila reveals the truth we get this picture of Mirren superimposed on the sceen.
images (4).jpeg