Thriller- s06e05- Kill Two Birds

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
t4088-999-19760508-1.jpg
Charley Draper is out of prison and his first port of call is his old friend nicknamed Busby, an old boy, living in a dingy bedsit.
Charley walks in proclaiming, " Charley 's home and Charley's rich."
Unfortunately Busby is dead on the bed, throat cut.
MV5BNTg4NDVjOTItODllZC00ZDJjLThkZWQtYmE2MzUzZDkxZTM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_UY200_CR3...jpg
Into the room walks three men, London gangsters, Gadder in charge with his musclemen Tosher and Freddy. They've come for their loot, hidden by Charley before imprisonment. Charley realises Gadder had Busby killed, unnecessary because poor old Busby never knew where the money was. Charley asks for a drink, Gadder obliges.
" understandable, chap has been inside, needs a drink, help you relax Charles before you tell us what we want to know."
t16759-999-19760508-2.jpg
Charley takes the whisky, then chucks it at Tosher and jumps through a window down into a back alley and runs. Gadder and gang run out the house, into their car and off in pursuit. After they go someone gets out of a car and enters the house, who we cannot see, but whoever it is is wearing an expensive gold watch.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Two American tourists, Sally and Tracy are on tour of England, and after a visit to the hairdressers set off in their hired car for their next destination.
sddefault.jpg

Tracy is hungry as they missed breakfast and see a roadside cafe and Petrol station and decide to enter for a spot of breakfast. The establishment is located on a country lane a bit isolated. Sally has to hobble out, her right leg is in plaster and she has a pair of crutches.
Meanwhile Charley has hot wired a car, and driven southwards into the countryside to call at Dr.Kemp, an alcoholic ex doctor, struck off for negligence. Charley needs a bit of medical treatment after his window incident left him limping and bleeding on his face. Kemp staggers about half drunk but does fix him up, Charley apologises for coming because Gadder is after him, Kemp is terrified and asks Charley to leave pronto.
t800-999-19760508-1.jpg
Charley tells him he hasn't too far to go and promises he'll be back to pay him for his medical services, the hidden money is obviously near here. Charley runs off leaving the stolen car as he sees Gadder and friends pulling up outside.
t4088-999-19760508-3.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

In the cafe Tracy and Sally are enjoying breakfast, the cafe come petrol station is run by Sammy Draper and wife Carrie.
MV5BYjU1NmVmNmEtMTcxNC00MmJjLWExNjUtMWQzODE2NmM2YjNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpgt104195-999-19760508-0.jpg
Gadder is questioning Kemp, rather roughly, with Tosher and Freddy menacingly threatening Kemp unless he talks. Kemp knows nothing except Charley hasn't got too far to go. Gadder instructs Freddy to get on the phone and find out who in this neck of the woods knows Charley.
MV5BZjY2M2VhOTktNTJjNi00NWI3LThmOTctMGE4ZTA4NDc1MTU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
Police officers Dexter and Turner are at the bedsit of Busby, the body has been removed. Charley Draper has been known to have been here, the police are now on his trail.
MV5BODE3MjE3MTktZDQ3OC00MDUyLWIyZmEtMGM5YTgwM2JmMjFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

At Kemp's Gadder gets a call, he listens intently, surprised, everything now clear why Charley is in the area.
Gadder, Tosher and Freddy leave but not before forcing open Kemp's mouth and pouring down half a bottle of Scotch to stop him talking.
The phone rings at the cafe, Sammy answers it, he tells the caller that he's only got a couple of customers, and he'll get rid of them.
Sammy tries to get Sally and Tracy out fast, saying it's going to rain so they better get to their sightseeing destination pronto. As they leave a young man enters, a poorly dressed scruffy hippie looking for work.
t82610-999-19760508-3.jpg
Sammy can't oblige, so the guy tries to get a free coffee, Sammy tries to push him out, but Sally takes pity on him and hands Sammy some money telling him to give him some breakfast. The girls leave and the scruffy vagabond sits much to Sammy's annoyance.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Dexter and Turner the police investigating Busby's murder, knowing he was a friend of Charley have been looking for him and a report of Charley being seen in the area of Kemp's surgery have brought them to the village where the doctor lives. Inside they find the barely conscious Kemp, he mutters something about Gadder, and this frightens Dexter, Gadder is "new school" criminal, a psychopath a killer, unlike "old school" Charley who rarely hurt anyone except other criminals. It's a race against time to locate Charley and therefore Gadder before the public get hurt. He contacts Scotland Yard to get details of anyone or anywhere in this part of the country that Charley might go for help.
MV5BYTA4NWQ5NmUtZjk5ZC00NGVlLTkyMTgtNzRlZmYxY2ZjYWNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
Sally and Tracy run into car trouble, a flat tyre. Tracy at the wheel drives into a farm hoping to find help. She looks around but it appears deserted. Tracy enters the barn calling out, and seeing no one leaves.
t4882-999-19760508-1.jpg
Charley is in the barn hiding, up top in the hayloft crouching down among the hay staring down at her. When Tracy leaves, Charley is relieved, he settles down for a sleep. He lies back in the hay, and bangs his head on something. There's a milk churn here in the hay, Charley pushes it away and sleeps.
Tracy tells Sally that there's no one about so they'll have to change the tyre themselves, but when opening the boot Tracy sees no spare tyre. There's no choice but to walk back to Sammy's garage and get a new tyre. Sally with her bad leg stays behind as Tracy sets off.
t4882-999-19760508-2.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Later she enters the cafe / garage, no one about, she goes behind the counter calling out, and out of the kitchen door steps Gadder with gun, in the kitchen Carrie, Sammy's wife is sitting on a chair, gagged, Tosher and Freddy with guns too, Sammy explains who Charley is and why Gadder wants him, Sammy is Charley's brother.
" we've got to do as they say Miss, or they'll kill my wife."
t104195-999-19760508-2.jpg

Sally fed up of waiting for Tracy to return has hobbled the half mile to the cafe and enters, she sees Tracy sitting at a table with Sammy ,Gadder comes out of kitchen with gun, putting her in the picture.
download (1).jpeg
Suddenly a car pulls up, it's the police, and a local copper walks in , name of Wilson. He's just checking to see if Sammy has seen anything suspicious, Scotland Yard bigwigs are in town, trouble at Doc Kemp's. Sammy shakes his head. Gadder gun ready listening at the kitchen door, Tosher gun pointed at Carrie's head in case Sammy says something he shouldn't.
The door of the cafe opens and the young man is back , the hippie looking vagabond, this time he's flashing the cash, a wad of notes in his hand.
" Got a job ain't I, now I can pay my own way, I'll have a fry up Sammy, the whole lot."
Constable Wilson is suspicious, " got a job have you?"
" yeah, farmhand."
"Which farmer."
The guy squares up to Wilson, " don't know I'm not the nosey type."
Wilson grabs his arm and looks at the guy's expensive gold watch, " had a nice watch did he?"
"That's my watch, can you prove otherwise?"
Wilson not happy " what's your name son?"
" why, want to send me a Christmas card."
" I want your name."
The hippie replies, " Farrow."
" just Farrow."
"No, Farrow F Farrow, my parents had no imagination."
Wilson not amused replies, " okay if I find out that watch has been stolen I'll remember you Farrow F Farrow."
964888.jpg
Wilson leaves, Gadder emerges, Farrow put in the picture , as Gadder says, " we're getting a nice little gathering here. I want everything looking normal for when Charley gets here."
Sammy raises doubts, " perhaps he won't come here, he's a smart boy."
Gadder, " He better come Sammy, or I might get angry and start killing people."
Farrow sits with Sally and Tracy at their table looking concerned.
MV5BZWZhYjI0ZDctOGM0MC00YjlhLWJhNGItZmQwZTQ1ZDgwZmFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Farrow earnestly whispers to Sally and Tracy, "perhaps we can do something, jump them or something."
Sally horrified, " but his wife, what'll happen to her."
Sammy trying to act as if everything is normal at the counter overhears this and comes up to the table, " listen cut that out, my wife is in the kitchen with Gadder, he's a maniac, he'll kill her , if you do anything to put her in danger I'll kill you myself."
Gadder pops his head out of the kitchen, " I can hear everything Sammy."
Gadder sends Freddy outside in the dark yard of the garage on the lookout for Charley. Inside the cafe Tracy and Sally are at a table with Sammy and Farrow, Tosher standing covering them with the gun. Gadder inside the kitchen, a gun at Carrie's head.
Freddy creeps among the oil drums in the yard, suddenly he hears a noise, he turns, Charley jumps down on top of him, a fierce punch and Freddy is out cold.
Constable Wilson reports back to Dexter and Turner at Dr. Kemp's, saying there's nothing to report.
" except a suspicious looking character at Sammy's, a cafe and garage sir, a young fellow, his outward appearance was at variance with a watch he was wearing."
Dexter( sarcastically), " oooh, at variance, hear that Turner?"
Wilson, " the watch was expensive looking but he looked like a hippy sir?"
Dexter, " hippy eh? Must be dodgy, even their music is rubbish."
Wilson, " I decided not to follow it up as we're after bigger fish sir."
Dexter says, " describe the watch."
" erm...gold designer type, very expensive looking."
Turner says to Dexter, " it could be Farrow, that watch, it's like his signature."
Wilson hears, "yes that's what he called himself Sir, Farrow."
Dexter runs out quick, Turner turns to Wilson, "Farrow is our man, been on Charley's tail since his release."
Gadder is worried, Freddy has disappeared, he looks out of the front door, no sign of Freddy. Gadder orders Tosher out, and as Tosher creeps around the yard, he finds Freddy unconscious, then turns , Charley's fist connects, Tosher out too.
Farrow sees Gadder's discomfort and sneers, " well well , who's setting up who, looks like Charley is calling the shots now."
Gadder points his gun at Farrow, then sighs, " oh do shut up."
Sammy gets up from the table taking away some the tea cups , he pushes open the kitchen door, Carrie has gone! The chair she was sitting in is empty, he says nothing as Gadder calls to him, "over here Sammy."
Gadder grabs Sammy, a terrified Tracy and Sally look on as Gadder puts gun to Sammy's head. Gadder calls out, " Charley I know you're nearby, I've got Sammy, give yourself up."
download (2).jpeg
Gadder is looking towards the front door expecting Charley from that direction , but Charley runs out from the kitchen with gun, " here Gadder."
Gadder spins and fires, Charley hit in stomach , police sirens heard, Farrow, undercover cop leaps into action, Gadder grabbed, police pour in , Gadder taken out, Sally and Tracy are okay, Farrow leads them out.
Charley slumped on the floor dying, Sammy's eyes welling up with tears.
Dexter urges Charley ," the money Charley where is it?"
images (3).jpeg
" To tell you the truth copper I don't know, Sammy here is the only one who knows, he hid it. Go on Sammy tell the nice policeman, it's not going to be any use to me."
Sammy sitting on the floor next to Charley, sounding a bit choked with emotion says, " well it's not far from here, there's a deserted farm, up in the hayloft buried in the hay is a milk churn, the money is in there."
Charley can't help but laugh, remembering he banged his head on it lying in the hay, he chuckles out loud, then dies.
FCnMPnjXEAMUZu2.jpeg

Cast;
Sally....Susan Hampshire
Tracy......Gabrielle Drake
Charley....David Daker
Gadder.....Dudley Sutton
Sammy.....Bob Hoskins
Farrow....Granville Saxton
Dexter....Donald Morley
Kemp....John Bailey
Tosher....Stephen Yardley
Freddy.....Bunny May