Review Tomb Raider (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Tomb Raider film reboot adds Killjoys star to the cast

A Killjoys star has joined the cast of Norwegian director Roar Uthaug's (The Wave) Tomb Raider movie reboot.

According to Deadline, Hannah John-Kamen (the British actress also has a role on Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One slated for a 2018 release), who plays Dutch, one of the Quad’s most badass bounty hunters on Syfy’s space series Killjoys, has come aboard the movie as Lara Croft’s (Alicia Vikander) currently unnamed BFF and flatmate. The site claims she’s the sixth lead in the movie.

Penned by Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Sherlock Holmes 3), the movie is based on Square Enix’s awesome 2013 rebooted Tomb Raider video game that follows a young Lara Croft in her first action-packed adventure. Here’s an official synopsis for the upcoming movie:

Lara Croft is the fiercely independent daughter of an eccentric adventurer who vanished when she was scarcely a teen. Now a young woman of 21 without any real focus or purpose, Lara navigates the chaotic streets of trendy East London as a bike courier, barely making the rent, and takes college courses, rarely making it to class. Determined to forge her own path, she refuses to take the reins of her father's global empire just as staunchly as she rejects the idea that he's truly gone.

Advised to face the facts and move forward after seven years without him, even Lara can't understand what drives her to finally solve the puzzle of his mysterious death. Going explicitly against his final wishes, she leaves everything she knows behind in search of her dad's last-known destination: a fabled tomb on a mythical island that might be somewhere off the coast of Japan.

But her mission will not be an easy one; just reaching the island will be extremely treacherous. Suddenly, the stakes couldn't be higher for Lara, who — against the odds and armed with only her sharp mind, blind faith and inherently stubborn spirit — must learn to push herself beyond her limits as she journeys into the unknown. If she survives this perilous adventure, it could be the making of her, earning her the name tomb raider.

Currently filming in South Africa, the movie also stars Dominic West (The Affair) as Lord Richard Croft, Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands) as Lu Ren and Walt Goggins (Justified) as the villainous Father Mathias Vogel.

Co-produced by MGM and Warner Bros., Tomb Raider will open in theaters on March 16, 2018.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

ALICIA Vikander is set to fill Angelina Jolie’s boots and take on the role of Lara Croft in Tomb Raider.

The former dancer’s career has propelled in the last two years, but who is Hollywood’s latest ‘it girl’ and how did she become a household name?

How old is Alicia Vikander and where is she from?
Alicia is 28-years-old and was born and raised in Gothenburg, Sweden.

She was brought up mainly by her mother after her parents separated when she was two-months-old.

She trained as a ballet dancer and at the Royal Swedish Ballet School and the School of American Ballet in New York, before starting her acting career in Swedish short films and TV shows.

What was her breakout role?
In 2015 Alicia gained global recognition for her role as Gerda Wegener in The Danish Girl.

Eddie Redmayne played her husband, artist Einar Wegneer, who was one of the earliest known recipients of gender reassignment surgery.

Alicia’s performance was critically acclaimed and she was awarded the Academy Award and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Supporting Actress.

She has also starred in Jason Bourne, Testament Of Youth, and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

When can we see Alicia in Tomb Raider?
It was announced that Alicia will be taking on the iconic role in April 2016, but it won’t hit the silver screen until April 2018.

Speaking about her excitement of playing the video game heroine, Alicia told Vanity Fair: “When I was asked to take on this role I got really excited—Lara Croft is a truly iconic character.

“I think people can identify with her for lots of different reasons, but for me I very much see her as a model for many young women.

“She’s trying to carve out her place in the world and connect her future with her past. She also has a fantastic mix of traits—tough, smart, vulnerable, plus she’s kick ass!

“She is also uniquely different to other characters I have taken on previously. It’s a lot of fun trying to get into Lara’s head and the challenge of getting to grips with such a physical role is an element of this project that I find an absolute thrill.”

How long has she been with Michael Fassbender?
The couple fell in love while filming The Light Between Oceans almost two years ago but have been staunchly private about their relationship ever since.

However, there are occasions in which they do give a little away about their love life.

Michael previously opened up about how they fell for each other while rounding up goats and drinking whiskey on location in Australia.

He said: “The chemistry was immediate, the spark, the intensity.

“I said early on, ‘This girl frightens me’.

“She’s so fierce and brave . . . it kind of bowled me over.”

He continued: “We really relied on, pushed and supported one another, then we had fun as well.

“We would have a laugh.”

Interrupting, Alicia reminded him: “We had BB guns, we played a lot of music.

“We surfed, fished, had barbecues, film nights.”

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Wow, can't wait to see this movie !.
I'm a fan of the video game but I did NOT liked what they did on cinema. I really want something like they did with Assassin's Creed, I think that's how a video game adaptation should go to the screen.

Doctor Omega

The “Tomb Raider” Reboot Wraps Filming

first-officia-photos-vikander-in-tomb-raider-696x464.jpg

Filming has officially wrapped today on director Roar Uthaug’s reboot of the “Tomb Raider” film franchise, with the moment posted on the filmmaker’s social media accounts.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet penned the new entry based on the highly acclaimed 2013 game series reboot which offered us a much younger and more inexperienced Lara Croft.

Alicia Vikander takes on the role in the Warner Bros. Pictures, MGM and GK Films release which opens March 16th next year.

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
The “Tomb Raider” Reboot Wraps Filming

View attachment 1807

Filming has officially wrapped today on director Roar Uthaug’s reboot of the “Tomb Raider” film franchise, with the moment posted on the filmmaker’s social media accounts.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet penned the new entry based on the highly acclaimed 2013 game series reboot which offered us a much younger and more inexperienced Lara Croft.

Alicia Vikander takes on the role in the Warner Bros. Pictures, MGM and GK Films release which opens March 16th next year.
Well,if this site will be here next year,it would be fun to discuss the movie with you guys

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
This site will be here next year, and year after and as long as I breath and if I'm not here anymore somebody else will manage it after I'm gone. I'm still 42 and I'm planning on keep living at least until my 90 years, more if I can so you don't have to worry about that :)

Doctor Omega

Alicia Vikander Talks “Tomb Raider” Stunts

alicia-vikander-talks-tomb-raider-stunts-696x464.jpg

Actress Alicia Vikander followed up her Oscar win earlier this year by trying something different – taking on the role of a young Lara Croft in the upcoming “Tomb Raider” film reboot.

Speaking with EW about the film this week, Vikander confirms the film will take on elements of the 2013 game reboot and show an inexperienced Lara who discovers the truth about her presumed-dead archaeologist father (Dominic West):

“She has all the fierce, tough, curious, intelligent traits, but we’ve stripped away all of her experience. She hasn’t gone on an adventure just yet. She thought he was a stuck up businessperson living in the modern youth culture of suburban London, but then this whole box of information. This is the beginning.”

She also spoke about the stunt work she did in the film, including a lot of water-related action:

“Just like in The Wave, we have a lot of water sequences, I spent my last two days of shooting in a tank and that was my 16th total day being fully drenched or submerged in the water…For one action scene, we used the London venue for Olympic rafting. They threw me down that river — with my hands tied — about 50 times. I didn’t need to act, just react!.”

Walton Goggins and Daniel Wu co-star in the film which “Transformers: The Last Knight” scribe Geneva Robertson-Dworet penned and which Norwegian helmer Roar Uthaug (“The Wave”) directs. The movie opens March 16th.

croft_alice

Alicia Vikander Talks “Tomb Raider” Stunts

View attachment 2366

Actress Alicia Vikander followed up her Oscar win earlier this year by trying something different – taking on the role of a young Lara Croft in the upcoming “Tomb Raider” film reboot.

Speaking with EW about the film this week, Vikander confirms the film will take on elements of the 2013 game reboot and show an inexperienced Lara who discovers the truth about her presumed-dead archaeologist father (Dominic West):

“She has all the fierce, tough, curious, intelligent traits, but we’ve stripped away all of her experience. She hasn’t gone on an adventure just yet. She thought he was a stuck up businessperson living in the modern youth culture of suburban London, but then this whole box of information. This is the beginning.”

She also spoke about the stunt work she did in the film, including a lot of water-related action:

“Just like in The Wave, we have a lot of water sequences, I spent my last two days of shooting in a tank and that was my 16th total day being fully drenched or submerged in the water…For one action scene, we used the London venue for Olympic rafting. They threw me down that river — with my hands tied — about 50 times. I didn’t need to act, just react!.”

Walton Goggins and Daniel Wu co-star in the film which “Transformers: The Last Knight” scribe Geneva Robertson-Dworet penned and which Norwegian helmer Roar Uthaug (“The Wave”) directs. The movie opens March 16th.
Well,Doc, i've seen this already....and i was right after all,Lara will be moked again by hollywood.Such a shame...the game is so good.

Doctor Omega

New Photo: Vikander As Lara In “Tomb Raider”

Empire has released a new still from the upcoming reboot of the “Tomb Raider” film franchise with Oscar winner Alicia Vikander as video game heroine Lara Croft.

Speaking with the magazine, Vikander, promises a more modern-day take with this younger interpretation of the character: “We asked what are the famous traits of this person? How can we demonstrate them in the story, but make her feel like a young woman in 2018?.”

Walton Goggins, Daniel Wu, Hannah John-Kamen and Dominic West co-star in the film which boasts a story heavily influenced by the 2013 game reboot which sees Lara shipwrecked on a fictional island in the South China Sea.

“Tomb Raider” opens in cinemas on March 16th 2018.

I7CltCm.jpg

croft_alice

New Photo: Vikander As Lara In “Tomb Raider”

Empire has released a new still from the upcoming reboot of the “Tomb Raider” film franchise with Oscar winner Alicia Vikander as video game heroine Lara Croft.

Speaking with the magazine, Vikander, promises a more modern-day take with this younger interpretation of the character: “We asked what are the famous traits of this person? How can we demonstrate them in the story, but make her feel like a young woman in 2018?.”

Walton Goggins, Daniel Wu, Hannah John-Kamen and Dominic West co-star in the film which boasts a story heavily influenced by the 2013 game reboot which sees Lara shipwrecked on a fictional island in the South China Sea.

“Tomb Raider” opens in cinemas on March 16th 2018.

View attachment 3328
Already know about this,Doc...but thanks anyway

Doctor Omega

Junkie XL To Do “Tomb Raider” Reboot Score

junkie-xl-to-do-tomb-raider-reboot-score-696x464.jpg

Famed Dutch instrumentalist and film composer Antonius Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, has announced that he will handle the score for the upcoming film reboot of the “Tomb Raider” franchise.

Junkie XL has shot to fame in recent years for his collaborations with Hans Zimmer on the likes of “Inception” and “The Dark Knight Rises” before jumping out on his own with “Mad Max: Fury Road” and “Deadpool”.

He was slated to work on “Justice League” but the reshoots and scheduling conflicts have led to Danny Elfman taking on that job. Roar Uthaug helms the new “Tomb Raider” starring Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft in a story based primarily on the 2013 game reboot which revived interest in the franchise.

The new “Tomb Raider” hits cinemas in March.