Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_blush: ~ I can't wait to see Toy Story #4. All of the Toy Story movies have always been enjoyable for all ages.

*~:emoji_juggling:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"Ask me if I need him
Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Cooley & Rivera Take Over “Toy Story 4”

cooley-rivera-take-over-toy-story-4.jpg

Having helmed two of the three previous films, Pixar CCO John Lasseter is stepping down from the helm of the fourth “Toy Story” – serving only as an executive producer on the new chapter.

Instead, Josh Cooley and Jonas Rivera will serve as co-directors on the new film which is written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack. The announcement was made today at the D23 expo in Anaheim.

Lasseter confirms the story will pick off eight years after the end of “Toy Story 3” with the toys now living with Bonnie. Woody and Buzz set out on an epic journey to find Bo Peep whom Woody loves.

Returning voices include Tom Hanks as Sheriff Woody Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear, and Annie Potts as Bo Peep. Randy Newman also returns to compose the score for the fourth instalment which opens June 21st 2019.

Doctor Omega

Toy Story 4
Disney has finally set a release date for the long in development fourth film in the “Toy Story” franchise, confirming it has been set for June 21st 2019. Stephany Folsom (“Thor: Ragnarok”) penned the most recent script, taking over from actress/writer Rashida Jones and her writing partner Will McCormack.

Doctor Omega

“Toy Story 4” Was Completely Overhauled

toy-story-4-was-completely-overhauled-696x464.jpg

A fourth “Toy Story” film has seemingly been in the works for some time, though appeared to hit a speed bump when originally hired scribes Rashida Jones and Will McCormack departed the project a while back and the film was delayed from its originally planned Summer 2018 release.

Late last year it was revealed Jones and McCormack’s decision ultimately had to do with Pixar head John Lasseter who is currently on leave following several misconduct claims brought against him. Now one of the other talents involved, actress Annie Potts, has revealed that the delay went beyond merely a change of writers.

Speaking with The Radio Times, she revealed the entire project was overhauled because the studio has the creative freedom to start from scratch if something is not working:

“[Toy Story 4] was supposed to come out this year and then they threw out three-quarters of it and rewrote. Usually, it takes, from start to finish, two years. But because they threw most of it in the bin and started over [my time on the project has] been extended a little bit. I’ve done a lot of work on it… I have a big part! I’m thrilled!

They’re funny those Pixar people. They just take their time. It’s very painstaking work. If they don’t like whole sections then they just chuck it and start over again. They have that great creative liberty to do that.”

Stephany Folsom is penning and Josh Cooley is helming “Toy Story 4” which is finally slated to arrive on June 21st 2019.

Doctor Omega

“Toy Story 4” To Make You Ugly Cry

toy-story-4-to-make-you-ugly-cry-696x464.jpg

While some of Pixar’s sequels have been questionable outings, an exception has been the two “Toy Story” films which have been as good if not better than the original. The third one in particular left many audience members an emotional mess by the end.

Actor Tim Allen, who voices Buzz Lightyear in the films, recently appeared on “The Talk” and says the upcoming fourth film will be even more harrowing:

“I gotta resist getting emotional because I don’t wanna give it away but this is an incredibly great story. If you’re at all a superhero fan, ‘Infinity War,’ I’m a big superhero fan, that didn’t seem like it was going to work. It was a lot of vignettes that all made sense. This ‘Toy Story 4’. We’ve only been through it once, there will be several more incantations, but it is so emotional, it’s so funny, it’s so big the idea that they’ve come up with. I’m startled. [‘Toy Story 3’] I thought was amazing. This one, I couldn’t even get through the last scene, OK?”

The fourth film in the series isn’t expected to hit cinemas until June 21st 2019.

Doctor Omega

Hanks: “Toy Story 4” Ending Is Historic

hanks-toy-story-4-ending-is-historic-696x464.jpg

If there’s one thing the “Toy Story” films have been consistent with, it’s that each subsequent film has been more emotional and touching than the last, to the point that the third movie left many a sobbing wreck by the end.

Tom Hanks spoke on the BBC’s The Chris Evans Show (via Cinema Blend) about the experience of recording the ending of the upcoming fourth film opening next summer, and it got to the point that he got so emotional he couldn’t even look at the people he was working with:

“The way you record Toy Story, you’re in a room with the team that has created it. When I went in for my last day of recording, I wanted to have my back to them, because usually you’re facing him so you can look right up and you can talk about it. But I didn’t want to see them and I wanted to pretend they couldn’t see me. When I realized what they were going for, I realized, ‘Oh, this is a moment in history.'”

Stephany Folsom penned the script for the new film and initial indications were that the story will revolve around Woody’s search for Bo Beep, whether that’s still the case is unclear. Hanks’ co-star Tim Allen has previously said he had difficulty with the ending as well: “I gotta resist getting emotional because I don’t wanna give it away, but this is an incredibly great story… They’ve got great characters, but a couple of scenes towards the end were really hard to get through.”

Josh Cooley helms the film which is scheduled to open June 21st.

Doctor Omega

Keanu Reeves Is In “Toy Story 4”

Actor Tim Allen has revealed that Keanu Reeves has a mysterious role in the Disney-Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” opening next year.

In the new film, Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called ‘Forky’ to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.

Appearing on The Tonight Show this week, Allen (who plays Buzz Lightyear) revealed the casting saying he’s a small character with “a bit of an edge”:

“It is so good. These guys are geniuses. It’s so deep and moving and a wonderful plot. I can’t give anything away… It’s about different kinds of toys. They really will surprise you with the toys that they come up with. New guys are in it. Keanu Reeves has got a great part in it.”

Last week’s teaser trailer for the film revealed the inclusion of Keegan-Michael Key as Ducky and Jordan Peele as Bunny in the feature which hits cinemas on June 21st 2019.

Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega

This was just okay. It wasn’t as good, and they hardly showed any of the other characters at all which was what I was completely expecting.
I liked the character of Forky - and thought that the ventriloquist doll things in the old shop were creepy as Hell. But yes, i think they really should leave it there now.