Tremble All You Want ... discuss

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
I got through the first 10 minutes. I was struggling to comprehend what the hell this girl was saying, and rapidly losing the struggle to care.

Maybe it would have settled into a rhythm and become less of a chore to try and work out what the hell she was on about, but I didn't have the strength to go on. Believe me, the dialogue (or should I say monologue?) in this film is nowhere near as lucid and straight to the point as @sitenoise's commentary!
I'll point out:
If I had been first in line to watch this, before all of my Internet friends said it was lovely, I probably would have punted it in the first two minutes. A girl, who you can tell is a motormouth, says "Even though I have many things I'm thinking ... I can not say anything". Nonsense, you're a motormouth. We can tell. You're probably not going to shut up for this whole movie. And the writer of the flick is going to make you say adolescent things like that all the way through.
And then remind you I loved the crap out of the flick. It's weird, but the fact that the film is repulsive but I didn't puke made me love it.

plsletitrain

I got through the first 10 minutes. I was struggling to comprehend what the hell this girl was saying, and rapidly losing the struggle to care.
Did I watch a different film............................confused2.gif

If anything, I think it was the actress who was the biggest strength of the film. There are movies where the character is likeable but the actress I couldn't care less so the viewing experience may be less enjoyable. And there are also movies where the character is annoying as hell but because the actress is lovely, the watching experience may be tempered (Eternal Sunshine comes to mind). With this one, the actress managed to pull both. She was one with the character it was hard to separate the character from the actress. Admittedly, if a random stranger came up to me singing an out-of-tune song she composed in her head while I was waiting tables at a restaurant, I'd question her sanity too but with here, Mayu was just so adorable you'd want to pinch her in the cheeks or just hug her instead of calling 911. Now that I think about it, the story isn't so deep, just about young love. But the way the actress carried herself and the way the movie was shot, not to mention the cute and quirky dialogues and the supporting cast, took it to a whole new level. Having said that, most of the reviews/reactions I read were written by men. It would be interesting to show this to a group of girls in the 12-30 age bracket and see their reactions. I'll bet they'll love this. Whatever Japan's version of The Academy Awards is, Mayu would make a good contender for Best Actress.

plsletitrain

And oh, might I add that that song scene I'm referring to did not make me feel Bollywood-style-awkward but it was very Japanese-y. Effortlessly and naturally cute.