Review Tremors (1990)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Syfy Picks Up The “Tremors” Series Pilot

three-more-join-syfys-tremors-series.jpg

Actor Kevin Bacon has confirmed that not only is the pilot for a TV series remake of iconic creature feature “Tremors” a go, it has found a home on the Syfy network.

Speaking with Screen Daily, Bacon confirms he’s reprising his role of Valentine McKee from the first film and will executive produce the series:

“We are going to do a pilot for Syfy. It’s the only character I’ve ever played that I was interested in exploring 25 years later. It [‘Tremors’] is a really good movie. I don’t go back and watch my movies but because we were doing this one, I had to go back and look at it. It’s just the idea of this loser who is living a very ordinary life and has an extraordinary experience with these monsters and becomes, for a moment, a hero.”

The plan is to maintain the continuity with Ron Underwood’s original 1990 film which also starred Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire. The story followed a group of unfortunate souls who find themselves facing off against monstrous sandworm creatures living beneath the earth of a small Nevada town. Several sequels, and a short-lived 2003 series followed.

Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Productions are producing with Andrew Miller (“The Secret Circle”) attached to script. Bacon is currently headlining the Amazon comedy series “I Love Dick”.

Here is the original 1990 movie trailer.....

Last edited:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've only ever seen the original movie of this (none of the sequels inspired me) but this has the potential to be quite interesting if done right.

duzit

I have seen all the Tremor movies. The 1st being the best & my fav. They're all silly, hokey, fun entertainment. I can watch them over & over, enjoying them each time. This looks very promising with Bacon ' s association. I just hope they don't go to crazy with C G I. The original effects will still hold up. @Doctor Omega Please keep us updated on this one...:emoji_purple_heart:

Doctor Omega

Vincenzo Natali To Helm “Tremors” Series Revival

vincenzo-natali-to-helm-tremors-series-revival-696x464.jpg

“Cube,” “Splice” and much in demand TV director Vincenzo Natali has been set to helm the pilot for Syfy’s upcoming series refresh of the “Tremors” franchise.

Kevin Bacon will reprise his role of Valentine McKee in the 1990 film in this sequel set twenty-five years later as the killer Graboid worms that nearly destroyed Perfection, Nevada have returned.

Andrew Miller penned and serves as showrunner on the follow-up, in which the now older and alcoholic Valentine must get over his delusional hero complex and actually save the town.

The project marks Natali’s first pilot, though he has been involved helming episodes of many prestige genre series in recent years including “Hannibal,” “Westworld,” “American Gods,” “Orphan Black,’ “Luke Cage” and “The Strain”.

Bacon, David Schiff and Jessica Rhoades also executive produce the series which Blumhouse TV and Universal Cable Productions are producing.

Doctor Omega

Emily Tremaine (“Vinyl”), Megan Ketch (“Jane the Virgin”) and Shiloh Fernandez (“Evil Dead”) are set to star join Kevin Bacon in Syfy’s pilot for a TV series continuation of 1990 cult classic “Tremors”.

Andrew Miller penned and Vincenzo Natali directs the pilot set twenty-five years later as the killer Graboid worms that nearly destroyed Perfection, Nevada return.

The town’s only hope for survival is Valentine McKee (Bacon), who beat them once, but age, alcohol and a delusional hero complex have all taken their toll.

Tremaine will play Emily McKee, Valentine’s whip-smart daughter. Ketch is charismatic young doctor Mindy Sterngood, the grown up version of the young pogostick riding girl in the original film.

Fernandez is Nico Garza, who has been killing time in the town waiting for the right moment to split. Blumhouse TV and Universal Cable Productions are producing. Miller, Bacon, David Schiff and Jessica Rhoades all executive produce.

Doctor Omega

Tremors
Toks Olagundoye (“Castle,” “The Neighbors”) is set for a series regular role opposite Kevin Bacon in the pilot “Tremors” for Syfy and Blumhouse TV. Olagundoye will play Jessica Florence, an accomplished, city-chic civil engineer.

In the series, the killer Graboid worms that nearly destroyed a Nevada town 25 years ago are back, and the town’s only hope for survival is Valentine McKee (Bacon), who beat them once.

johnnybear

I watched the original TV series back in 2003 and thought it was okay, nothing special but okay! The sixth episode where they captured a Graboid is the only one I can really remember though!
JB

Doctor Omega

announcement-sign-character-means-corporate-communication-or-con-100259696.jpg

The “Tremors” TV Series Isn’t Happening

Syfy has reportedly passed on picking up a “Tremors” TV series which would’ve had Kevin Bacon reprising his role of Valentine ‘Val’ McKee.

Bacon revealed the news himself on an Instagram post last night. He confirmed a pilot episode was filmed and completed, but Syfy opted to scrap the project.

Recent rumors had Bacon’s original co-star Fred Ward potentially returning to his role for the pilot as well, but that was never confirmed. It’s expected Syfy will not release the pilot either online or as a disc extra.

johnnybear

Why would they want to do another series in the first place if the last one flopped so heavily? Can Bacon spare the time from his 'silly' but lucrative commercials for ITV?
JB

Gavin

VIP
I have to say that looks pretty good. I'd definitely be interested in watching it. Not sure how well the premise would have lasted over an ongoing series though.