U.F.O. EPISODE 5 - THE SQUARE TRIANGLE ( In Depth)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
EPISODE 5 THE SQUARE TRIANGLE
Into the solar system a craft of the aliens that SHADO are at war with enters, heading for Earth. The aliens waging a secret campaign to kill people and harvest their organs for their own race back home, a dying sterile race.
b061c5bf52f17cd545bb5665f2aa0d6a--alien-crafts-ufo-tv-series.jpg

On SHADO moonbase, Lt Gay Ellis and her team of trackers watch monitors intently...waiting.
Suddenly, the in-Earth orbit satellite S.I.D. announces in its mechanical voice,
SID " UFO detected....range 1 million and closing"
SID_in_relation_to_Earth.jpg
Ellis " interceptors immediate launch, repeat interceptors immediate launch"
The pilots always on readiness down in the crew deck climb into travel tubes, and slide into the cockpits of their craft.
Three interceptors launch from a crater near moonbase and fly towards the UFO.
MoonBase_Interceptor.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Back on Earth under the Harlington -Straker film studios is the secret base of SHADO .
Commander Straker in the control room, along with Colonel Paul Foster who is at a microphone communicating with moonbase.
PF " this is SHADO control , situation? "
Ellis( from moon) " closing on ..UFO...range half a million miles"
Straker is studying maps, which is not usual, he has asked for them specifically.
Str " wait for my command"
F " sir?"
Str " I'll give the order to intercept"
F " SHADO control to moonbase, please wait until direct command given"
SID the satellite can be heard over the speakers,
SID " UFO closing..100,000 miles,...predicted landing reference grid 424..blue area"
F " do we intercept sir"
Straker still looking at maps,
Str " grid 424..close enough..negative interception"
F " sir?"
Str " you heard me, negative interception"
F " SHADO control to moonbase, negative repeat negative interception"
Foster looks at Straker puzzled, as does the other personnel in the control room.
The UFO, unimpeded heads for Earth.
Ed Bishop as Cmmdr.Straker;
Edward_Straker.png
Gabrielle Drake is Gay Ellis
images.jpeg

michaellevenson

Keith Ford , radar and communications officer reports,
F " it's landed sir"
Str " Foster get out there, get me that UFO"
F " sir"
Second in command Colonel Alec Freeman enters control room.
Fr " so you let one through...why not do the job properly"
S " what d' you mean"
Fr " invite the aliens around for drinks"
S " let's go into the office Alec"
In private office;
S " I've waited for this Alec, a UFO on our own doorstep, that is why I let this one through. I want the ship intact, before any deterioration sets in"
The aliens craft can only remain on Earth for a limited period before interaction with the atmosphere destroys them.
Fr " meanwhile we have potential killers on the loose"
S " I know, it's a gamble, but its landed in an area of high forest density, low population, the risks must be small. "
Straker shows Freeman a map, the UFO is near Clare Cross .
In the English countryside, a car approaches a crossroads, the road sign - Clare Cross 2 miles. In the car are two people, Liz Newton and Cass Fowler, he is a bit of a lecherous lad, Liz is driving, Cass has his hand on her bare thigh.
L " soon be there Cass", he gives her a kiss on a bare shoulder and smiles.
Michael Billington (left) is Paul Foster;
MV5BNzY3YjE0MDAtZmYxZi00OWU0LWFmODItNDNmNjE3OGExYzZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjcxMzg0MDM@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Three massive container lorries depart from nearby SHADO base, they drive to the edge of the woods where the alien craft is, the back of the lorries open and out drives the SHADO moblie tracking vehicles.
A_Mobile.jpg
Foster, the senior officer in Mobile 1
F " Foster to control, mobiles in position sir"
Str " Colonel Foster proceed with search. I want that craft Foster"
F " yes sir, all mobiles spread out, mobile two take blue 13, mobile three blue14, we'll go to blue 12"
The vehicles set off into the dense forest.

michaellevenson

Cass and Liz have reached a cottage situated not too far from the search area. They enter, Liz turning the lights on, Cass walks in and looks around. The cottage belongs to Liz and her husband Jack, Cass a boyfriend she's having an affair with. Cass pulls out of his jacket pocket an envelope, inside are photos....of the cottage living room, he studies them, Liz in the kitchen making tea. Cass comes in,
C " you did a good job Liz with these photos"
L ( nervously, almost quaking) " Cass I can't...."
C " go and get it"
Liz leaves, goes into the bedroom, and returns carrying a pistol, she hands it to Cass who examines it.
Liz holds him tight,
L " oh Cass, hold me"
In SHADO HQ Straker with Communications officer Keith Ford.
S " anything yet ?"
Ford " mobiles one and two are now in blue 15 and 16, nothing yet sir"
S " and mobile three"
Fd " still in blue 14, it has the densest terrain to cover"
S " okay keep me informed"
Patrick Mower and Adrienne Corri as Cass and Liz
MV5BMTQxMjE5OTE5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMyNDIzMjE@._V1_.jpg

michaellevenson

Liz and Cass in the cottage,
C " okay lets go over it again"
L " at ten o'clock I phone Madge"
C " why"
L " two reasons, first I tell her me and Jack are here for the weekend and I'm not expecting Jack until tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about being here on my own, then I tell her I'm having difficulty sleeping recently and can she recommend something"
C " after the call?"
L " I go to sleep"
C " no! You don't , you can't , remember"
L " oh yes, I try reading for a bit, then at eleven I go into the kitchen for some hot milk, then I hear a noise outside , someone walking up the path, I must have accidentally left the door on the latch, it opens, it's Jack....I ..my god I can't"
C " you can , you thought it was an intruder and you fire"
L " I can't do it Cass"
C " don't worry I'll be here right beside you"
The two embrace, two would be killers waiting for her husband.
Suddenly the phone rings,
C " answer it...go on"
L ( into phone) " hello"
The husband Jack is driving, talking on his car phone.
J " Liz darling, well your idea worked perfectly, I've told no one where I'll be this weekend, even Miss Paget my secretary will wonder where I've gone. Great idea darling,a quiet weekend away. I've bought you something"
L " have you"
J " well aren't you interested?"
L " of course, what is it?"
J " remember Burlington Arcade"
L " oh yes, the blue pendant"
J " you don't sound enthusiastic, I can easily change it if you prefer"
L " no, that was very thoughtful Jack"
J " are you okay Liz?"
L " just a slight headache"
J " go to bed darling, I'll be there at about eleven"
L " goodbye Jack"
Liz puts phone down,
L " I can't go through with it Cass"
C " listen Liz , it's thirteen months since we met, and I've heard him speak to you like that every time. What has he ever given you except words. He's fed you, clothed you , BOUGHT YOU!"
The two kiss, murder still on their minds.
Allan Cuthbertson is Jack Newton;
MV5BZmZmYzk2NTMtOGRjZS00ZTE2LWIyNmYtMTZlYWRjODc4ZGE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MzExNjA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

michaellevenson

In the woods , the dark dense woods is a uniformed security man, Mitchell, with an Alsatian on a lead. Suddenly the dog growls and pulls at the lead ,
M " what is it Sultan?"
The dog pulls and pulls and breaks free, and runs off.
M " Sultan...come back..Sultan"
Mitchell runs through the thick forest after his dog. A minute or so later he reaches his dog, Sultan is actually lying down.
M " what is it boy, what's wrong?"
Mitchell looks ahead of him, the landed UFO is there, glowing.
M " what the devil..."
Suddenly he is grabbed, the alien has got him. The alien still in its red spacesuit and helmet is trying to wrestle Mitchell to the ground, Sultan leaps up , biting the alien on the arm.
a9498f7b65c63ddabb4fe87c41d0ff7c--the-square-triangles.jpg
Mitchell breaks free and runs for his life, the aliens bashes the dog away, slips and hits helmet on a boulder. The helmet cracks, green liquid pours out of it. This is the oxygenated liquid the aliens breathe when travelling in space, but they usually breathe oxygen like humans.
The alien removes his helmet, picks up his futuristic rifle and sets off after Mitchell.
Mitchell is running for dear life.
Bullets hit the foliage close to him, the alien closing in, firing.
Mitchell is blubbing " please god, help me someone"
More bullets, Mitchell is hit in the back.....dead.
The alien stands over the body, then drags it away.
Anthony Chinn as the alien;
unnamed (1).jpg

michaellevenson

A huge explosion shatters the night here in the forest. The UFO blown to bits. Foster and his SHADO crew head for the smoking wreckage.
Some time later Foster at the wreckage and with him is Sultan, a red piece of spacesuit in its mouth.
F " Foster to control"
Str " yes Colonel"
F " UFO located sir, a total wreck"
Str " explain"
F " I think the alien is covering his tracks sir, we found a body in the wreckage, but it definitely isn't alien, no sign of the hermetic seals around the neck. And we found a dog sir, Alsatian, collar number 3578"
S " listen Foster we have a report of a missing person in that area, a game warden name of Mitchell"
Col Freeman is reading a report handed to him.
Fr " dog collar information checks Ed"
S " Foster, it's my guess it's Mitchell's body in the UFO, use the dog, it might be able to track the alien"
F " sir, (to dog), come on boy let's go."
George Sewell is Col.Alec Freeman;
Alec_Freeman.jpg

michaellevenson

In the cottage, Liz and Cass wait, it's nearly ten o'clock, Liz will shortly be phoning Madge, setting the scene for her supposed lonely alone night in the cottage. Suddenly a footstep is heard, walking up the gravel path.
746276706b8ba2ef46c6ee35d3b82288.jpg
L " oh my god it's Jack, he's here early"
C " quick, the lights, turn them off"
L." Cass, what are we going to do"
C " don't panic, I'm here"
The door is on the latch, all part of the schemers plan.
Footsteps are heard in the hallway. Liz holding the pistol, Cass next to her. A flower motif curtain separates the hall from the living room, the curtain bulges,
Cass " NOW FIRE!"
Liz fires, one two three shots through the curtain , and falling into the room dead.....IS THE ALIEN!
20e3fa956f899bb0ded51ba3efa6f60d--the-square-.jpg
Sultan is leading Foster and his men through woods.
At the cottage, Liz is panicking, screaming,
L " WHO IS HE CASS?!
C ( shouting), " I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN YOU DO. AS FAR AS YOU'RE CONCERNED, IT WAS AN INTRUDER AND YOU SHOT HIM ( grabbing her by the neck) DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"
Cass gets his jacket on ,
L ( crying) " you can't leave me Cass"
C " I must, we have to go through with it as planned. Give me five minutes then call the police"
L " please please Cass, stay until I call the police "
C " five minutes "
Cass scarpers,
L ( screaming) " CASS !! NO CAAAASSS!!"

michaellevenson

Liz is pacing the room scarcely bearing to look at the dead alien. The front door opens, Paul Foster walks in, well informed, as usual with SHADO.
F " get your coat Mrs Newton"
L." who are you?"
F " please Mrs. Newton"
Outside a SHADO car is waiting, Cass is sitting at the back, he didn't get far, Liz gets in next to him, it drives off.
A bemused Liz and Cass are taken to the film studios, down Straker's private lift into SHADO HQ.They see everything, the control room too, as they are shown into Straker's office by Alec Freeman.
F " Mr Fowler,Mrs Newton, I know this is an intrusion"
Fowler " right"
Fr " and you deserve an explanation"
Fw " right again"
Fr " please be patient, Mr Straker will explain everything"
Freeman leaves, Cass and Liz whisper,
L " where are we?"
C " under a film studio"
L " isn't Straker some kind of film executive?"
C " listen Liz, we must get our story straight"

Straker walks in,
S " Mrs Newton, Mr Fowler apologies for having you brought here, I've brought you here for a discussion"

michaellevenson

Foster is still in the cottage when in walks Jack Newton.
J " who the devil are you?"
Foster shows his security I.D., not a SHADO one obviously.
F " you are?"
J." Jack Newton, I own this place, where's my wife?"
F " all in good time Mr Newton. Do you recognise these?"
Paul hands Jack the photos of the cottage.
J " photos of this room"
F " did you take them?"
J " no, I've never seen them before. What's going on?"
F " do you own a gun?"
J " yes I do"
F " who knew about it?"
J " my wife, nobody else"
F " was your wife expecting you Mr Newton?"
J "of course, I telephoned her on my way down here"
F " please bear with me Mr Newton, but I suggest you go back to London, your wife will follow"
Back at SHADO HQ Straker has told Cass and Liz everything.
C " it's incredible, flying saucers, aliens from another planet"
Liz and Cass have been served with tea, they gratefully drink while talking.
L " so the lives of people are in constant danger?"
S " very much so, that's why we have SHADO and this secrecy, the public must never know"
C " but, why are you telling us, I mean if it's so secret"
S "SHADO has developed an amnesia drug, we administer it to people like yourself who've come into contact with our organization. It's harmless, it'll just erase the last 24 hours.
it's tasteless too, do you want anymore tea!"
Square_Triangle_UFO.jpg

michaellevenson

Straker is in his office, Liz and Cass in the medical center sleeping after their enforced amnesia drug intake. Freeman and Foster walk in.
Fr " Paul has come up with an interesting theory"
F " Fowler and Newton claim they shot at what they thought was an intruder"
S " plausible"
F " if they weren't expecting the husband"
S " husband!?"
Fr " he turned up an hour ago"
S " how's our security?"
F " all taken care of, but don't you see what it means. They planned a cold bloodied murder, but unfortunately for them an alien came through the door instead of her husband"
Fr " morally they're guilty"
S " I suppose you want me to hand them over to the public prosecutor. Boy he'd sure have a great case, what would he go for, the attempted murder of the husband or the killing of an alien! We can't produce the body, and the two defendants would have genuine total amnesia"
F " there's nothing we can do then?"
S " we're not in the moralizing business Colonel"
F " what about the husband, they're bound to try again"
S " hmmm, in the line of duty SHADO stumbled on a triangle, our involvement turned it into a square, all we're doing is erasing the last 24 hours, so it's back to the triangle. Colonel Foster, get onto our lab boys, see what they've made of the wreckage of that UFO"
F " sir"
Foster leaves, Straker flicks on his desk communicator.
S " medical section"
Voice " yes sir"
S " how are Fowler and Mrs Newton?"
V " sleeping sir"
S " get them out of here"
V " they're not ready..."
S " JUST GET THEM OUT NOW! "

Later, weeks in the future, or maybe months, Liz is visiting a cemetery, she looks at a gravestone, sorrow in her eyes.
Cass is standing discreetly a few yards behind her.
They did kill him
The End
unnamed (2).jpg