Review Underworld: TV SERIES IN DEVELOPMENT

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
wiseman-to-spearhead-underworld-tv-series-696x464.jpg

A planned TV series, based on the supernatural franchise about warring vampires and werewolves.

The first movie's trailer from 2003.....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Beckinsale Won’t Do Another “Underworld”

first-trailer-underworld-blood-wars-696x464.jpg

It made her an action star, but British actress Kate Beckinsale says she’s done with the “Underworld” franchise and won’t be suiting up as the vampire Selene again.

Speaking with Variety, she was asked straight up if she’d do another “Underworld” film. Her response was equally straight and blunt: “I wouldn’t return. I’ve done plenty of those.”

Beckinsale played the role five times in the six-film franchise, starting with 2003’s first film and ending with last year’s “Underworld: Blood Wars”. In fact, Beckinsale is done with blockbuster filmmaking it would seem, calling working on some of those big films the worst experiences in her life:

“I’ve done indie movies where I’m sitting on a piece of folded carpet and it was wonderful. I’ve done great big movies that were the worst misery of my life. It all depends. At university, I studied Russian and French. I never studied drama, so I always felt like from the beginning of my career that it was an apprenticeship. That freed me up to try a lot of things. It gave me a lot of latitude. I started out in the indie space. I never anticipated doing one of those heavy-weight, very physical franchise things. It was scary to see myself on movie posters on the side of every single bus.”

The “Underworld” franchise’s creator and director Len Wiseman, also Beckinsale’s ex-husband, stated last year that he is currently developing a TV series spin-off.

Doctor Omega

From Sept 2017.....

Wiseman To Spearhead “Underworld” TV Series

wiseman-to-spearhead-underworld-tv-series-696x464.jpg

“Underworld” director Len Wiseman and his production company Sketch Films are moving forward on their long-gestating TV series based on the supernatural franchise about warring vampires and werewolves.

Wiseman, who co-wrote and directed the first two and produced the remaining three “Underworld” films, tells Deadline the series targeting a premium cable or streaming service and will be darker than the films:

“The series will be a pretty big departure from the films. I don’t want to say it’s more adult, but it’s definitely less comic book in its tone and character.”

Wiseman, Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi and Eric Reid will executive produce with the help of Sony’s TV division.

The first “Underworld” was released in 2003 with the most recent coming earlier this year – collectively the series has grossed more than half a billion dollars at the global box-office.

Wiseman is set to direct the sixth installment in the “Die Hard” franchise after having helmed the fourth entry.

The first movie's trailer from 2003.....