Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
To be honest, this is one of those things that I have always deluded myself that I might get around to doing one day.

Until then there is always that nice carvery at the local pub, where you have a choice of Turkey, Gammon or Beef - or a bit of all three with your vegetables.

I could never go full vegan though. In a dietary sense, that just feels a little too extreme and austere for me.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Sacked vegan claims discrimination in landmark case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46385597

_104542507_veganvinny.jpg

A tribunal is to be asked to decide whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion, in a landmark legal action.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims he was discriminated against, and the tribunal will now decide if veganism should be protected in law.

The League Against Cruel Sports says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

It denies the sacking was because of his veganism.

Mr Casamitjana says he is an "ethical" vegan.

"Some people only eat a vegan diet but they don't care about the environment or the animals, they only care about their health," he told the BBC.

"I care about the animals and the environment and my health and everything.

"That's why I use this term 'ethical veganism' because for me veganism is a belief and affects every single aspect of my life."

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Living in a rural area, I only personally know a couple of vegans, and they're pretty chill about their eating habits. It's only when I go online that I run into the fanatics who attack you for eating a delicious piece of grilled cow flesh, blood still dripping from it, so that it pools on your plate, gets mixed with the butter from your baked potato, and then you sop it all up with bread at the end to enjoy all of that goodness. I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Keith Olbermann tweeted the cutest, most precious video of a little piggy getting a bath, after saying he was going vegan. So I stopped eating pork. And went to a breakfast place where everything that wasn’t sweet had pork in it!!!

I am, sort of, contemplating becoming a vegetarian, but that would be SO hard to do - and vegan?? Yikes!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Keith Olbermann tweeted the cutest, most precious video of a little piggy getting a bath, after saying he was going vegan. So I stopped eating pork. And went to a breakfast place where everything that wasn’t sweet had pork in it!!!

I am, sort of, contemplating becoming a vegetarian, but that would be SO hard to do - and vegan?? Yikes!
I am, sort of, contemplating how many pieces of bacon to have with my eggs for breakfast...

It's SO hard to do... :emoji_wink:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Keith Olbermann tweeted the cutest, most precious video of a little piggy getting a bath
I spent a year working for a company who runs industrial hog farms (I hated it, but when you have a kid, you do what you have to do to make cash). I was on a crew that went around to various lots, helped out with loading pigs in and out, basic maintenance, chores, vaccinations, and other basic jobs. I saw things working there that no one should ever have to see. And I learned that if seeing those horrors couldn't get me to stop eating bacon, nothing would. I do feel hypocritical about it, but damn, pork is so tasty. In fact, I just finished eating a pork burger.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I spent a year working for a company who runs industrial hog farms (I hated it, but when you have a kid, you do what you have to do to make cash). I was on a crew that went around to various lots, helped out with loading pigs in and out, basic maintenance, chores, vaccinations, and other basic jobs. I saw things working there that no one should ever have to see. And I learned that if seeing those horrors couldn't get me to stop eating bacon, nothing would. I do feel hypocritical about it, but damn, pork is so tasty. In fact, I just finished eating a pork burger.
Pork is really tasty. It’s so hard for me.