Review Volcano: Episode 29

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
068279fdce1180bf44ac258d5fe87db7--spaceships-science-fiction.jpg

81913.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode.....

The Liberator is lured to Obsidian, a volcanic planet of strategic value, which is linked to rumours of Blake's whereabouts. Dayna has a potential ally among the pacifist population: its ruler, an old acquaintance of her father named Hower. Tarrant and Dayna teleport down in an attempt to enlist recruits to their rebellion, and establish a base from which to complete the destruction of the Federation and defeat Servalan. However Servalan has enlisted a traitor.

On to the next episode....

DAWN OF THE GODS

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/dawn-of-the-gods-episode-30.3459/

Back to the previous episode....

POWERPLAY

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/powerplay-episode-28.3444/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Not one of my favourite episodes.

It's okay, but not one that I feel inclined to watch very often.

Tarrant is fairly unconvincing i.m.o. with his "I don't trust anybody except myself! That's why I'm still alive!" posturing. I like the actor and the character, but prefer it when the writing and the acting of Tarrant is more subtle and plays to Steven Pacey's strengths. Interestingly, apparently it was originally Blake and Jenna in these scenes.

Perhaps they were originally trying to make Avon more like Blake and Tarrant more like Avon?

Servalan seems to just quit the episode and drive off. :emoji_alien:

The robot is an unfortunate visual clunker, which may, sadly have made people - even back in the day - dismiss the whole proceedings as a load of cheap rubbish. But the commitment of the actors remains firm and Michael Gough is always rock solid in his acting.

The idea that they would actually press a button and destroy the planet on principal is a thought provoking idea.

As an episode, it is never a chore to watch, but I don't find it overly entertaining either.

It's okay.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
IT'S THE BIG BATTLE FOLKS!
Voice From The Past vs Volcano.
Which is the worst Blakes7 episode of the lot?
It's tough to chose, I keep changing my mind but at least " Voice" has an interesting story but just pathetically realized whereas"Volcano" is just nonsense. Why is the Pyroan city next to volcano? They can control it and blow themselves up without actually living on top of it.
Hower this man of peace shows us how committed to peaceful means he is by executing his son. Servalan murders two Pyroans for no reason ,just for kicks maybe, and that is so not her style.
Shouldn't the natives be called Obsidians? I couldn't feel empathy with them and Servalan did everyone a favour by getting rid of them. I did like Servalan's battle cruiser , a nice new design.
When I first saw this I thought Mori was going to be the new Travis, but luckily he was killed off quickly, one episode of this idiot was enough.
A very poor episode.
0.5/10

Last edited: