Review Walmart

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
walmart-supercentre.jpg

Adventures In Walmartia

Let's talk of our tales near and far off land called Walmartia. You never heard of this far off land where Walmartians live? Walmartians are weird and unusual race of people that live in the land once known a Wal-mart.

Anyone have great tales of their adventures into the depths of Walmart?
Have you ever seen anything weird, funny, crazy in Walmart?
What about adventures or battles on black friday?

I will confess to many times being involved in lightsaber battles at Wal-Mart, and Meijers. I have seen women on amigos pulling carts behind them with their kids in them. Everytime, I'm at Wally World their is at least one person in pajamas walking around during the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I used to take a disabled friend there often. I tried letting her off and picking her up near the entrance and this woman wearing a bright yellow vest - I'm not clear on what her job was - used to give me such a hard time. Why for heavens sake?

Carol

Member: Rank 5
The Walmartian empire has spread even to our fair land, subdued and colonising the once proud AsDans... whose orighinal home was my own birthplace. Many are the ravages committed by these interlopers, chief amongst them being the flagrant installation of "Christmas" decorations in-store on the day after Hallowe'en, and removing them again on 24 December (therby causing their downtrodden serfs to get in the ruddy way of people attempting to buy urgent stuff. When question, one Chirstmas Eve, a young serfling halfway up a ladder dropped dusty, "festive" paper chains on my very head, and said "Company policy, innit". Poor, poor bloke. Poor, us...

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Yes that happens in all the stores here - Christmas AND Halloween side by side on shelves! No more Thanksgiving decorations because it's politically incorrect. But they leave the Christmas decorations up past New Year's. But the Christmas decorations going up early bugs me. It wasn't that way when I was a kid. And the music they blast in the store! Awful!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
A few years back, I went out of town to catch the midnight showing (back when they still had them, fucking bastard in Colorado) of Green Lantern, and the wife gave me a list of things to get at Walmartia after the movie. Let me tell you, 3 in the morning in Walmartia is like walking into Mordor. There are ork-like people who look like the sun hasn't touched their skin in years, who tremble as though they crave man-flesh, who wander through the aisles getting potato chips, Mountain Dew, and industrial cleaner.

The worst I ever experienced on Black Friday was standing in line for something for the kids, and having a throng of shoppers nearly trample me when it was announced that another sought-after item had been moved to another location. However, a good friend of mine worked there, and said that the year that the Furbies first came out, there were moms getting in fisticuffs over them.

And don't get me started on the Christmas decorations. My local Walmartia has, the last few years, had about one aisle of Halloween decorations/costumes, one of candy, and three or four aisles of Christmas. It makes me sick.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I went into the far off land tonight, mainly to grab a new DewSA soda. The store was packed for 10pm at night. I noticed a lot of weird people wandering around tonight, more than the norm. It dawned on me, my little town or should say the local race track is having a what they call awareness of medical marijuana event. Thats right, what everyone was told was going to be free to raise awareness, and have a free carnival. Is now costing anyone who enters 20, 48, and 96 dollars for passes 2 day event, or as most of locals call it another flipping stoner-fest.
Now, Stoner-fests bring out a fun and different group to the area. They are the best people to find in the fast food joints, gas stations, and stores. Buying loads of food, and annoying a manager friend of mine at the Taco Hell joint in town. I have to watch out for these lovelies already driving the main roads near the med shops. Now have to avoid the main drag to Wallmartia because of this event. I have to detour a few miles to avoid getting the truck hit due to this traffic jam. I still have to go out and get Mothers Day stuff still, along this stretch of road.

chainsaw_metal1

I don't understand the idea of stoner-fests. I prefer to blaze up at home and just stay put. Of course, part of that is due to the fact that it's still illegal here. Here in Iowa, though, the ones you see mostly late at night are either the late shift workers or the meth heads, who I actively avoid.

SoapboxQuantez08

Member: Rank 2
You may or may not believe this, but it's a true story:
As we know, Wal-Mart is closed from midnight to 6 a.m. these days.
But back in the day, probably 2010, it was still open 24 hours.
It was around midnight one time, and I went to the restroom.
As I went to the sink for my hands, I found a fresh turd in the sink.
A turd in the sink. It may make for a decent song title, but it didn't exactly make my day.

chainsaw_metal1

There's a Super Walmart about a half an hour away from here that is still open 24 hours. And it is scary at 3am. Tweekers are a frightening bunch.
A turd in the sink. It may make for a decent song title, but it didn't exactly make my day.
That's only funny because it didn't happen to me. Makes you wonder what made someone think that was okay to do.

Oh, yeah, tweekers.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Don't know anyone else that does this but in Walmartia now has Halloween pj's for sale and giant mask heads of animals. You don't know how temped I am to put on a pair of pjs, and a mask and run around the store. Yes, I'm that dumb when I get around people.