Fun Our Early Posts!

true_blue1878

Member: Rank 1
Thanks guys! It's nice to receive such a warm welcome! I was also thinking about ripping the old archives using HTTrack or a similar software.. good to know someone has already planned ahead.

Cheers! :)

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Welcome to IMF Carol. Have a great stay! :)
Wow Doc! That was a quick reply - big thank you from the new arrival - I'm already enjoying the not-lurking-but-chatting feel to this site. very much looking forward to exploring further over the weekend... BBC is forecasting snow here and to the left of this typing box is a big question mark - have to figure what to put there quite soon... hope it doesn't have to be quite as menacing-but-impressive as your Omega-ident-thingy?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Nah, I nicked mine offline.
Wow Doc! That was a quick reply - big thank you from the new arrival - I'm already enjoying the not-lurking-but-chatting feel to this site. very much looking forward to exploring further over the weekend... BBC is forecasting snow here and to the left of this typing box is a big question mark - have to figure what to put there quite soon... hope it doesn't have to be quite as menacing-but-impressive as your Omega-ident-thingy?

Thanks Carol. Lol. Glad you like it here. Yes, do join in. A good way, as well as answering existing threads, can be to start a thread of your own about something that interests you - even if nobody else has posted on the subject - in whatever appropriate section and, chances are, you'll soon be chatting away! Then just upload an icon/avatar that you are happy with when you are ready.

Welcome aboard again! :)

Carol

Big thank you -
Carol, Enjoy your stay! You can lurk here or be more active since we don't have nor allow trolls :D

Happy Troll Free Lurking!
Big thank you DeJohnNiE - I think I'm possibly lurking more actively already and I like it - it's a Friday night thing here in frosty Kent, and ought to be nearly bedtime... but a whole new board of interesting threads and friendly new people... I might just have to wander around a bit more. I was very grumpy to hear IMDb were shutting down the boards - so much interesting discussion there, even allowing for the occasional nutters. I mean - it kept them off the real-llfe streets, wandering around and licking the shop windows and freaking out nice old ladies... where's the harm of occasional bonkers comments, really? But they'll find their "trolls only" cyber-spaces, I'm sure... missing them already

Carol

Nah, I nicked mine offline.

Thanks Carol. Lol. Glad you like it here. Yes, do join in. A good way, as well as answering existing threads, can be to start a thread of your own about something that interests you - even if nobody else has posted on the subject - in whatever appropriate section and, chances are, you'll soon be chatting away! Then just upload an icon/avatar that you are happy with when you are ready.

Welcome aboard again! :)
Nicked offline?
OK.
Challenge.
Accepted.

Err. There may be quite a long pause here.... before I figure out what I do now. About the picture/avatar thingy.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Nicked offline?
OK.
Challenge.
Accepted.

Err. There may be quite a long pause here.... before I figure out what I do now. About the picture/avatar thingy.
Lol. Found/nicked me avatar online, I mean. I wish I could say I painted it, but it's a book cover of a French novel called Doctor Omega, written in 1905.

Happy posting Carol. :)

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Err... hello friendly fellow evacuees from IMDb - where I enjoyed reading the message boards for ages without ever joining in - feeling perkier now... some may call it lurking, I prefer canny troll-evading. Anyway hi! Happy snarky twerp-free chatting to all....
Welcome, I did a lot of lurking too. There was soooo much to read...

Carol

Lol. Found/nicked me avatar online, I mean. I wish I could say I painted it, but it's a book cover of a French novel called Doctor Omega, written in 1905.

Happy posting Carol. :)
Very cool choice though - glad to know it's a literary Doctor rather than e.g. the avatar of Omega Oils - which I know are very good for us, but could even Marvel at their most Imperial sell us the adventures of Doctor Tuna?

Carol

Hold your mouse pointer on your username and then click Avatar on the dropdown menu ;)
Thanks - when I figure out what to put there I will... in the meantime I really like your dog - is he Mr Patience in real life? Or (like my old terrier) Mr Biding His Time for the Next Sausage?

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Thanks - when I figure out what to put there I will... in the meantime I really like your dog - is he Mr Patience in real life? Or (like my old terrier) Mr Biding His Time for the Next Sausage?
I am Mr.Patience, she is the missus... You can actually read about her and our story here.

She is very patient most of the time, but is well aware of when she might get something and for some reason she becomes the "good dog" :p