Review Wes Craven

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Wes-Craven-In-Memorium-800x445.jpg

Discuss all things Wes Craven here.....

Wesley Earl "Wes" Craven (August 2, 1939 – August 30, 2015) was an American film director, writer, producer, and actor. He was known for his pioneering work in the genre of horror films, particularly slasher films, where his impact on the genre was considered prolific and influential. Due to the success and cultural impact of his works in the horror film genre, Craven has been called the "Master of Horror".

He is best known for creating the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise featuring the Freddy Krueger character, directing the first installment and Wes Craven's New Nightmare, and co-writing A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors with Bruce Wagner.

Craven also directed all four films in the Scream series and two films in the Hills Have Eyes series. Some of his other films include The Last House on the Left, The Serpent and the Rainbow, The People Under the Stairs, Vampire in Brooklyn, and Red Eye.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
41hr0eXLgbL._SX390_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Screams and Nightmares: The Films of Wes Craven Paperback – 1 Oct 2000

Writer, producer, and director Wes Craven has successfully tapped into the horror vein for over thirty years, serving up scary, funny, hip thrillers that demand a second look. His films have been both critical and commercial successes, most notably Nightmare on Elm Street, which spawned a series of sequels and made Craven (and his creation, Freddy Kruger) an international sensation. But Craven's films have also become classics in a field that he continues to reinvent -- the horror genre is still reeling from the impact of his most recent project, the brilliant Scream series.With Screams and Nightmares, author Brian J. Robb covers Craven's entire career, from his low-budget beginnings to his most recent box office hits, from the banned thriller The Last House on the Left and the cult classic The Hills Have Eyes to the outrageous Shocker and The People Under the Stairs. Through exclusive interviews with Craven, Robb provides in-depth accounts of the making of each of the films -- including the third installment of the Scream series -- Craven's foray into writing novels, and his numerous television projects.With a full filmography and more than 200 photographs, many from the director's own collection (including a detailed overview of Craven's television work), Screams and Nightmares is quite simply the only book of its kind.

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_relaxed: ~ Wes Craven was & is still a horror icon & a horror film legend. I still miss him and so many others too. Sadly we lost him so soon:emoji_disappointed:. If Wes Craven was still alive than he would've definitely had more great works. My Wed Craven rest in peace.:emoji_pray:

*~:emoji_purple_heart:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I found an island in your arms
A country in your eyes
Arms that chain,
Eyes that lie

By: The Doors - Break on Through
:emoji_microphone:

Simian Jack

Member: Rank 1
Craven was writing novels? Sweet, never knew that!

I'm in a minority thinking Serpent & the Rainbow is his best movie on all levels. I love it to bits.