Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I started watching the show The Good Place. It stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, Im really enjoying it.
And sometimes you need something different, so Im also watching Marvels Spider-Man cartoon. Its actually pretty fun.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I have yet to do a proper marathon of Space 1999. The differences between the two seasons are interestin gly vast and I have not properly watched quite a few episodes, including The Troubled Spirit.

I do have a favourite story though: The Bringers of Wonder. Possibly because I owned it as a thrown together feature film on vhs.

91VyAm-Xt4L._SY679_.jpg

A good series though. I really like it. Shame they cancelled the third season in order to pay for the advertising on RAISE THE TITANIC! According to this book, anyway..... And there was apparently talk of a Maya spin off too!

51XG3NPivgL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This is one of the classiest brilliant episodes of spy drama I've ever seen. The last episode of series 1 of The Sandbaggers.
If you have any real intention to go through this show then probably don't view this until you've reached the right point, but as a one off you'll not regret seeing this. A mesmeric ending, totally shocking and surprisingly that rips the guts out of viewers.
The Operations Director of SIS has to rescue his agent who is also his lover from the East German Stasi in Berlin, but at the cost probably of the whole SiS future. Will he do it ?

Doctor Omega

message1999.jpg

Have you seen this Michael?

A lot of fans like to think of it as episode 49 and a proper conclusion to the series. It was written by Johnny Byrne.

michaellevenson

The Winged Avenger a favourite episode of the Avengers. A cartoonist is taken over by his creation, The Winged Avenger. Fight scene here as Mrs. Peel and The Winged Avenger wearing anti-gravity boots, fight on the ceiling. A visual reference to the tv Batman show too.

michaellevenson

Nice little remembered comedy series from.the 90's.
Set in a solicitors office, this works due to the excellent cast headed by Imelda Staunton and some very plausibly daft characters. This opening ten minutes of episode 7 series 1 gives a good indicator of the show.

michaellevenson

An easy to follow episode of The Omega Factor, if you have an interest in seeing what the show is all about, is episode 5.
Students with an Ouija board summon up a 16th century witch which takes one of the girls over. Psychic research Government Department 7 investigate . With Louise Jameson ' Leela' from Dr Who.

Doctor Omega

The New Avengers was my first introduction to the Avengers at all. This may be why I actually preferred it to the original show.

I was sorry to read that Patrick Macnee later expressed regret that he had done it and was dissatisfied with the show. I thought it was great.

John Nathan Turner had seen Purdey and decided that Doctor Who also needed a girl with a marketable haircut. Thus he sent Janet Fielding off to the hairdressers to get a Regency style trim that he hoped would set the world on fire, and that women everywhere would be getting a "TEGAN" cut.

janet_fielding.jpg

They didn't.

Janet Fielding has since said on dvd commentaries about the "rat nailed to my head!"

Last edited:

michaellevenson

The New Avengers was my first introduction to the Avengers at all. This may be why I actually preferred it to the original show.

I was sorry to read that Patrick Macnee later expressed regret that he had done it and was dissatisfied with the show. I thought it was great.

John Nathan Turner had seen Purdey and decided that Doctor Who also needed a girl with a marketable haircut. Thus he sent Janet Fielding off to the hairdressers to get a Regency style trim that he hoped would set the world on fire, and that women everywhere would be getting a "TEGAN" cut.

View attachment 3923

They didn't.

Janet Fielding has since said on dvd commentaries about the "rat nailed to my head!"
I think Macnee was hoping for more 60's style mayhem but The New Avengers was a 70's style show very much of the era, which is fine, I like it too.
As for Avengers girls, Linda Thorson is often overlooked but I think she was excellent.

Doctor Omega

Yes, Thorsen was just fine in the role. A bit unfair that, even now, retrospectives tend to focus on Diana Rigg more than anyone.