Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I started, but didn't get very far. ANIME is not a fav. of mine. However, I'm going to give it

another look because the material/story looks very interesting...
It's worth the watch. I sat and watched it with my daughter the other night, and we both loved it. Be warned, it is TV-MA, and there's lots of nice animated gore. I was a little angry how it ended after four episodes, because it was just getting really good, but as @TheSowIsMine pointed out, there is another season coming, so that needs to hurry up and get here.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
It's worth the watch. I sat and watched it with my daughter the other night, and we both loved it. Be warned, it is TV-MA, and there's lots of nice animated gore. I was a little angry how it ended after four episodes, because it was just getting really good, but as @TheSowIsMine pointed out, there is another season coming, so that needs to hurry up and get here.
Planned for 2018:emoji_grimacing:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I did get back into it & finished it. It is good, just not enough episodes, looking forward to another season. I do not like that Netflix has started all these different shows & make you wait months b4 more episodes. Right now, I think I'm waiting on 4-5 series to be continued.

chainsaw_metal1

I sat a finished the first two series of Broadchurch, and damn. So good. I'm now upset that series 3 is still being broadcast, and I can't just jump in and binge it. Soon as it's on Netflix, I'm there.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Netflix Has Around $20 Billion In Debt

netflix-has-around-20-billion-in-debt-696x464.jpg

On a daily basis, Netflix has transformed the way many of us now consume television and film. Such a sweeping change though has come at a price and a rather large one at that.

The L.A. Times reports that the company has accumulated $20.54 billion in long-term debt and obligations in its effort to produce more original content.

The company isn’t showing signs of slowing down either and expects to spend at least $6 billion in content this year, while net cash outflow is forecast to grow to as much as $2.5 billion.

The service currently boasts 104 million subscribers worldwide, up 25% from last year and almost quadruple from five years ago. Its series and movies account for more than a third of all prime-time download Internet traffic in North America, and its stock is up nearly 50% this year alone.

But rivals like Hulu and Amazon are expanding their own slates of original programming fast. However, Amazon in particular, which also holds billions in long-term debt, has the advantage of its online retail operations being able to generate plenty of free cash flow.

So the question becomes what happens when subscriber growth slows (or stalls)? CEO Reed Hastings isn’t worried and says the payoff will be worth it: “That’s a lot of capital up front, and then you get a payout over many years. The irony is the faster that we grow and the faster we grow the owned originals, the more drawn on free cash flow that we’ll be.”

michaellevenson

Not sure where to post this, but here'll do.
Ben Elton; great writer and comedian, he made Blackadder what it was, also behind The Young Ones tv show. But it's his stand up routines that I first became a fan. His politics is a bit controversial at times, but his performances as a in- yer-face comic were masterful.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I keep meaning to read a book or two of Ben Elton's.

Stark seems his most famous work?
I've got a couple of his novels sitting around the place somewhere, but I've never been able to get started on any of them for some reason.

I saw STARK on TV many years ago, but I can barely remember it...

michaellevenson

Probably not the wisest thing to admit to enjoying this, but I watched about 300 episodes, stopped soon after the final confrontation between Bea Smith and Joan ' the freak ' Ferguson. I really must watch the last dozen or so episodes to see how it ended.

michaellevenson

I've mentioned this on the 70's forum, but worth doing again.
Eric Chappell 's lesser known comedy before the genius that was Rising Damp.
Set in the sort of office Chappell used to work in, and he drew heavily on those experiences. Senior executive Rex is too preoccupied with the England cricket match to concentrate on work, and he skives off home. The boss J.F., in the mould of C.J. from another well known show, suspects and goes to Rex's home to catch him out. Meanwhile Rex's uncle has died and is in a coffin on the living room. A mix up ensures J.F. thinks it's Rex in the coffin.
Very funny.

michaellevenson

I've gone into some detail of this show on the 60's forum but worth saying what an incredibly clever and original show. The two heroes never leave room 17 in Scotland Yard but always end up triumphant in the fight against crime.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Must say, I had never heard of that one until you first posted on it. Thanks for continually turning up these gems Michael! :emoji_alien: