Fun What TV Shows Are You Watching/Rewatching at the Moment?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
If I recall correctly, Ribs was the last one to come out and presumably flopped, coz I don't remember seeing them much.

Now you have reminded me of SPACE DUST, another gimmick sweet....

space-dust-pop-rocks-70s-candy.jpg

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Just finished Ghost Wars (SyFy). Not sure what they were going for here. It was well acted but all over the place plotwise. Much like Blood Drive, it started as one thing and became something else except with GW it just kept becoming different things. Every episode took the plot in a new direction. The last 2 minutes of the season kind of makes up for it.

Also currently watching:
The Good Place - about a girl (Kristen Bell) who wakes up in heaven and realizes she doesn't belong there. Really, really, good.
The Last Man on Earth - I was in a love/hate relationship with S1 but it keeps getting better. One of those shows you like and can't articulate why.
Superstore - Another well acted and well written comedy. It feels like fluff at first but has fully developed characters.
The Librarians - Featherweight fluff.
Vikings - Excellent television but has too many characters. They should consider a spin-off.
Happy! - WTF! So extreme they can't even sell commercial time and each 60 minute episode is only 50 minutes long, lol. I like it.

McQualude

We binged all 8 episodes of The End of the F***ing World in one night. They are only 20 minutes long so it only took a couple hours. I've never seen a tv show quite like it. It's about a teenage girl that becomes attracted to a loner at her school. Unbeknownst to her, he's a psychopath looking for his first human victim and thinks she'll do just fine. So they go on a date ... and things get weird. Tightly written, well acted. If you have to like, or identify with the characters, it may not be for you. But if you like a good story regardless of likeable characters then I recommend checking it out.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
We binged all 8 episodes of The End of the F***ing World in one night. They are only 20 minutes long so it only took a couple hours. I've never seen a tv show quite like it. It's about a teenage girl that becomes attracted to a loner at her school. Unbeknownst to her, he's a psychopath looking for his first human victim and thinks she'll do just fine. So they go on a date ... and things get weird. Tightly written, well acted. If you have to like, or identify with the characters, it may not be for you. But if you like a good story regardless of likeable characters then I recommend checking it out.
I just watched the first two episodes, its great so far.

I just watched episode 2x05 of Frontier and they just killed my favourite character, that sucks.

McQualude

I'm about 4 episodes in The Punisher (Netflix) and it's good but suffers the same problem was all the other Netflix/Marvel shows, too chatty and too slow. Jon Bernthal is excellent though. Totally believable.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I've been a lover of the DareDevil comic book in the sixties and seventies but the TV series on Netflix was too much really! How could any human being (without super powers) take the hammering he was giving by those assassins and survive? And also it can't have been that popular as I've not seen any production information on a third series in the pipeline yet!
JB

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I've been a lover of the DareDevil comic book in the sixties and seventies but the TV series on Netflix was too much really! How could any human being (without super powers) take the hammering he was giving by those assassins and survive? And also it can't have been that popular as I've not seen any production information on a third series in the pipeline yet!
JB
They started filming in november.

johnnybear

Oh right! I wonder who the regular villain will be this time? The Gladiator? The Masked Marauder, Man-Bull? All great characters but I doubt we'll be seeing them anytime soon!
JB

johnnybear

The Minder set seen on the page is surely just the Freemantle set? I'd heard a few years ago that Network were going to do a good job on Minder, but from what I've seen so far all they're doing is re-selling another companies' product on their site or have I got it wrong?
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I just checked on Amazon. This claims to have been released last year....

• Studio: Network
  • DVD Release Date: 14 Aug. 2017
  • Run Time: 5096 minutes
But all or most of the reviews on there seem to be about previous box sets, unrelated to this release. I have yet to find a review gushing about how this release is superior picture quality or anything, which you would expect to find. So it does seem as if they, Network, have banged them out un-remastered. Beyond that, Amazon didn't help much. :emoji_disappointed:

johnnybear

That's typical of Amazon, Doctor Omega! I still doubt that Network did a version of Minder though as the box still has the old symbol on it and I haven't seen anything anywhere about the quality of the prints and any updating of special features or the like!
JB