Fun What's the last thing you bought off of Ebay or Amazon?

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
1280px-EBay_logo.svg.png

What was the last thing you bought off of Ebay or Amazon?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong I love Buy it Nows.I still love the thrill of outbidding someone at the last minute.

Finally got it on dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Haven't been on EBay in years.

Bought all seven volumes of Proust's "In search of lost time" from Amazon though. Might even read it one day.

The Seeker

I just bought "Give it All" (Ganbatte Ikimasshoi), a film I originally bought on a trip to Japan, lent the Japanese teacher, and never got it returned from the bastard. It's out of print now.

The Seeker

I want to say something about Amazon. Jeff Bezos is worth $165 billion. How can one person spend all that money in one lifetime? Meanwhile, it was like pulling teeth to get him to raise his wage to $15 (and it didn’t benefit those who worked there long enough to make that already). AND he discontinued bonuses and took away their stock options. They probably don’t even get benefits. He’s essentially stealing from them, because they’ve created his wealth.

There’s this attitude in this country that unless you’re doing something that requires some education, you shouldn’t be paid that much. A friend of mine said that to me on Facebook and I told her it was a shitty attitude. She said I could be civil to her but that really is shitty, and we’ve talked about this before. A lot of her attitudes are shitty. But I feel bad for saying that to her but I reacted pretty strongly to her comment. Really not everybody can afford an education, these services are needed, and you should be paid for your work.

Another attitude is that we should be grateful to people like Bezos for creating jobs. HELLO, what good is it to create a job if you don’t pay anything? Especially since this job is not charity, he needs those people to make those millions of dollars. And he’s trying to expand into grocery stores and pharmacies. Sorry, I’m keeping my pharmacy, asshole.