Review Willow (1988)

potoooooooo

Member: Rank 1
qfqer.jpg

Some questions for fans of the film Willow (1988)

I read the novelization and the Sourcebook when they first came out and in them another humanoid race was mentioned. IIRC they were called Poohas or Poquas (something like that) they are described in the Sourcebook as subhuman savages on armored warhorses and in the novelization there is a scene where are group of them are playing kickball with human skulls. I think it was said that they were hairless and covered in blue warpaint. All there was in the movie was a bald guy with a few blue tattoos at that shady inn Willow visits.

Does anyone remember what these things were called? Were they supposed to be the movie's version of orcs? Why didn't they show up in the final film?

Last edited by a moderator:

elanor

Member: Rank 3
I was a fan of the film Willow. Now I prefer a lot of other fantasy films with better CGI and better fight choreographies.

I read the novelization of Willow, but it's so long ago I don't even remember "subhuman savages on armored warhorses".

I'm really curious if you will ever get an answer to your question.

potoooooooo

Member: Rank 1
I was a fan of the film Willow. Now I prefer a lot of other fantasy films with better CGI and better fight choreographies.

I read the novelization of Willow, but it's so long ago I don't even remember "subhuman savages on armored warhorses".

I'm really curious if you will ever get an answer to your question.
The "subhuman savages on armored warhorses". came from the RPG