Review Wonder Woman (2017)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I just got back from seeing this film. It has renewed my faith in DC movies. I'm still not entirely hip to the constant slo-mo in action sequences, but this movie is just so good. The real lesson? Keep Goyer away from the scripts!

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I just got back from seeing this film. It has renewed my faith in DC movies. I'm still not entirely hip to the constant slo-mo in action sequences, but this movie is just so good. The real lesson? Keep Goyer away from the scripts!
Going to see it in a couple of hours. Looking forward to it based on what I've heard so far. This will be the first DCEU movie I've gone to see in theatres.

Gavin

VIP
Well that was actually pretty good. Not perfect by any means, but far and away the best DC movie so far. They actually told a coherent story as opposed to a collection of vaguely related scenes like Batman v Superman. And they had the courage to give the story time to breathe and not rush things.

chainsaw_metal1

They actually told a coherent story as opposed to a collection of vaguely related scenes like Batman v Superman. And they had the courage to give the story time to breathe and not rush things.
I told my wife that when my son and I got home. Instead of a random collection of action sequences and comic book moments, loosely tied together by "plot", this was a full story, with action sequences that actually complimented the movie instead of being the reason for the movie.

Gavin

VIP
It's almost like they wrote the story first rather than planning out some action scenes and writing a movie around them :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Cameron: “Wonder Woman” Is A Step Backwards

cameron-wonder-woman-is-a-step-backwards-696x464.jpg

James Cameron has drawn a social media backlash today following comments about Patty Jenkins’ recent “Wonder Woman” film.

Cameron, who has famously written some of Hollywood’s strongest female protagonists in times when there were few, tells The Guardian he wasn’t majorly impressed:

“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards.

Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female.”

The five times married Cameron has understandably drawn ire on social media for his ‘mansplaining’ comments with Jenkins now issuing a response via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darkhorizons.com%2Fcameron-wonder-woman-is-a-step-backwards%2F

Doctor Omega

Wonder Woman

Lucy Davis’ memorable turn as Etta Candy, Steve Trevor’s secretary in the “Wonder Woman” film, gets her own featurette which ties into the upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment produced the short clip which recounts the narrative from Etta’s perspective and comes ahead of specially made ‘epilogue’ that will appear on the disc and gives Etta her own adventure.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Cameron: “Wonder Woman” Is A Step Backwards

View attachment 3093

James Cameron has drawn a social media backlash today following comments about Patty Jenkins’ recent “Wonder Woman” film.

Cameron, who has famously written some of Hollywood’s strongest female protagonists in times when there were few, tells The Guardian he wasn’t majorly impressed:

“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards.

Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female.”

The five times married Cameron has understandably drawn ire on social media for his ‘mansplaining’ comments with Jenkins now issuing a response via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darkhorizons.com%2Fcameron-wonder-woman-is-a-step-backwards%2F
Some people just don't know when to shut the fuck up.

chainsaw_metal1

Are we talking actual Xenomorphs, or those blue guys from AVATAR?
The blue guys. Apparently, his question to the effects people were "would you fuck her". When the response was no, he told them to keep trying. Yeah, he's all about furthering female role models.

You think he'd be too busy prepping all these Avatar sequels that no one cares about, to take time out and start attacking other movies.
I hear he's watching every movie about Native American culture he can get his hands on so he can steal another five scripts.

I mean, no, James Cameron isn't a hack. Just because every movie he's ever made is someone else's story.

Tom

Member: Rank 1
Yeah, I agree with you but Do you think the reason Wonder Woman made so much money because it's a superhero movie. Everyone likes superheroes and there is no way a parent is not going to take their children to see it. Look at Transformers. Most of the movies are downright idiotic but it still makes money because it's.....Transformers. So all popular comic book hero movies will make money period.

Doctor Omega

I do think, though, that the studios are going somewhat over the top with their planned releases. It always seems to be the same. Something is successful and they milk it to death. :emoji_alien: