News Wonder Woman 3

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Jenkins Already Has “Wonder Woman 3” Plans

gadot-wants-ratner-out-of-wonder-woman-2-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Patty Jenkins isn’t lying around when it comes to the superhero franchise she helped launch.

In an interview with Vanity Fair regarding the noir limited series “I Am The Night” which she created, Jenkins has revealed she has already started thinking about the third entry in the “Wonder Woman” franchise:

“I have pretty clear plans for Wonder Woman 3. Whether I [direct] it or not, I see how her arc should end in my incarnation of Wonder Woman. I have great passion for that.”

Jenkins recently wrapped filming on the first sequel “Wonder Woman 1984” and now has a full year-and-a-half to complete the film’s post-production. That film also sees the return of Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor somehow, despite his apparent demise at the end of the first film. Jenkins tells The Sitdown that all will be explained:

“I thought of what this next movie should be in the middle of making the first movie. So it’s not…it wasn’t a solution to ‘Oh God that was worked out! Let’s try and jam you in there!’ It’s all incredibly important to the story. It makes perfect sense. That’s all I can tell you.”

The quotes come as Warners chief Toby Emmerich told THR this week that with the success of “Wonder Woman” and more recently “Aquaman,” they now have the confidence to move forward with a DC playbook that’s “very different than the Marvel playbook” and one “far less focused on a shared universe… we take it one movie at a time. Each movie is its own equation and own creative entity… it always has to be about the directors.”

“Wonder Woman 1984” opens June 2020.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Wonder Woman 3” To Go Contemporary

wonder-woman-3-to-go-contemporary-696x464.jpg

The first “Wonder Woman” film was set during the first World War, the upcoming second one moves things up to 1984, now filmmaker Patty Jenkins has confirmed that should Diana Prince get a third solo outing on the big screen, it’s dropping the historical element and going to stick to her character in contemporary times.

Speaking with Heat Vision, Jenkins confirms she hasn’t signed on for another yet and brings up the film’s setting:

“I’m not set, but I’m not dying to do another period piece. I’m not planning to put it in the past again, because where are you going to go? You have to go forward. It’s definitely a contemporary story. That’s all I can say. Where we put it and how that gets figured out, I haven’t totally nailed down.”

Whether by contemporary she means before or after the events of ‘Dawn of Justice’ and “Justice League” isn’t clear, though is likely to be after.

Also not clear at the moment is how Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor will be resurrected for the sequel. Jenkins has previously promised it makes sense in the context of the film, but Pine tells ET not to expect him in the third film: “I think Steve’s done. I think Steve’s done his bit. I wish them all the luck in the world.”

“Wonder Woman 1984” will open June 2020.